Big four aim to cut out small fry : Australia keen to host India more often

Celeste

You got empty stadiums in India too...that too against Australia. Most posters got it right here that these four teams playing against each other more often will make it boring and will harm cricket in the long run. SL' date=' NZ and WI are pretty good teams too and got their share of talented and exciting players. As for Pakistan, you guys will change your opinion once we brown-wash NZ in Test (as always) and easily beat Australia. :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] empty stadiums in Ind-Aus matches.. you must be joking right :hehe: There has been a heavy dose of cricket in the past few days and another series is starting a day after CL gets over. But I still guarantee it will be packed stadiums for the India-Aus matches.. just wait and see :winky:
Yup .. money wise these 4 are the biggest nations.. maybe it is second richest board after BCCI and then would come CA and then CSA. Sri Lanka is also a good team but their board is financially not strong. I would rate SL better than England in terms of talent. But the first three India' date= SA and Aus are the best teams as well as the most powerful economically. BTW Aus media will perhaps soon turn India-Aus fight similar to the Ashes :eyedance:
Apart from Australia, the rest of two teams are best in what sense? best in generating dollars then yes but if its cricket then naah. Compared to other teams those two are pretty much the same in ODIs and don't really need to mention T20. Though I agree that they are very competitive in Test, but certainly wouldn't rate anyone else other than Australia the best team. Please don't bring up biased rankings which are based on two-three teams playing ample amount of series and the rest hardly getting anything.
empty stadiums in Ind-Aus matches.. you must be joking right :hehe: There has been a heavy dose of cricket in the past few days and another series is starting a day after CL gets over. But I still guarantee it will be packed stadiums for the India-Aus matches.. just wait and see :winky:
lol...just check recent Australia-India Test series in India and then eat your words....yum yum
Apart from Australia' date=' the rest of two teams are best in what sense? best in generating dollars then yes but if its cricket then naah. Compared to other teams those two are pretty much the same in ODIs and don't really need to mention T20. Though I agree that they are very competitive in Test, but certainly wouldn't rate anyone else other than Australia the best team. Please don't bring up biased rankings which are based on two-three teams playing ample amount of series and the rest hardly getting anything.[/quote'] Do a reality check and just go to the ICC website to check their rankings If you want you can also check cricinfo to check the win percentage of these three teams in the last 2 years.. however if your maths is weak or you cannot read I cannot help as it is futile to make an illiterate check stats :winky:
lol...just check recent Australia-India Test series in India and then eat your words....yum yum
I am not saying about tests but ODIs.. tell me one place in the world where stadiums are filled in test matches.. maybe some people need to gain knowledge.. it is not 50 years ago where stadiums will be filled up in test cricket.. tell me about ODIs .. sorry I sense there is some serious problem in your IQ..some kids need to group up :giggle:
Apart from Australia' date=' the rest of two teams are best in what sense? best in generating dollars then yes but if its cricket then naah. Compared to other teams those two are pretty much the same in ODIs and don't really need to mention T20. Though I agree that they are very competitive in Test, but certainly wouldn't rate anyone else other than Australia the best team. Please don't bring up biased rankings which are based on two-three teams playing ample amount of series and the rest hardly getting anything.[/quote'] Absolutely, cos your opinion makes more sense. India and SA along with Aus were and are still fighting for the 1st spot in ODI and all 3 have been #1 at some stage in the last 2 months. In tests, there is hardly a big point difference between the top 4 compared with the rest. Acting like an ostrich is not going to make the rankings go away. Pretty much everybody here agrees that the rankings are not perfect but its not biased. T20 is not developed enough to have it own ranking. You can say all you want about Aus and SA in T20 but since we hardly have any T20 International competition, T20 is hardly a criteria now.
Apart from Australia' date=' the rest of two teams are best in what sense? best in generating dollars then yes but if its cricket then naah. [b']Compared to other teams those two are pretty much the same in ODIs and don't really need to mention T20. Though I agree that they are very competitive in Test, but certainly wouldn't rate anyone else other than Australia the best team. Please don't bring up biased rankings which are based on two-three teams playing ample amount of series and the rest hardly getting anything.
I thought test was considered the real deal. How can you just sideline tests like that. By the way India does have a very healthy ODI record too in the recent times. Like ViruR said have a look at he stats, it might give you an idea. The ranking is not based on how many matches you play but how consistently you win. On the contrary the more you play the more difficult it becomes to maintain it.

Australia keen to host India more often cricinfo article Australia could host India in four out of six years after Cricket Australia reached an in-principle agreement designed to ensure they host the marquee teams more often. The upcoming Australian summer features tours by Pakistan and West Indies, which is likely to mean less interest than when the major drawcards of India, England and South Africa visit. However, when the new Future Tours Programme kicks in from 2012, Australia are hoping that one of the heavyweights will visit each summer. The idea is to split Test and one-day tours, so that a team like India or South Africa can visit one season for Tests and the following summer for one-dayers. "The objective has been to spread the quality of touring teams over the period so that we get better value for the fans," Cricket Australia's spokesman Peter Young said in the Age. "If we get it right, we could have India touring here in four out of six years during the next FTP period." Australia already tour India every year and have just embarked on a seven-match ODI series beginning in Vadodara on Sunday. The past three summers have seen England, India and South Africa visit Australia for Tests and next season the cycle returns to another five-Test Ashes series. this means australia consider pakistan as minnows and are no quality .. what a statement .. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Apart from Australia' date=' the rest of two teams are best in what sense? best in generating dollars then yes but if its cricket then naah. Compared to other teams those two are pretty much the same in ODIs and don't really need to mention T20. Though I agree that they are very competitive in Test, but certainly wouldn't rate anyone else other than Australia the best team. Please don't bring up biased rankings which are based on two-three teams playing ample amount of series and the rest hardly getting anything.[/quote'] no team wants to play pakistan or any other minnow nation...coz neither the cricket is exciting nor the revenue......now go on harping about ur uber talented afretard or golden armed gul or super phaaast aamer........the thing is no one in the criketing world cares to hoots about ur team.......