Injury hit Aussies: Hopes, Lee, Paine, Henriques and Siddle out of the series

champ

Definately not racist... Maybe because he is a traitor and a reject
:WTF: what did he do to act as a traitor? If you are saying about WC T20 then Nannes was not even named in 30 probables even after being one of the best bowlers in the domestic season.. what would he have done after being treated as an outcast.. it was only after he was not named in the 30 member squad that he tried through Holland

Ponting hails injury-hit Oz Australia captain Ricky Ponting applauded the way his depleted team held their nerve during their three-run victory over India. A maiden century from Shaun Marsh (112) and a knock of 93 from Shane Watson gave the visitors a flying start as Australia, choosing to bat first, piled up 350 for four. Sachin Tendulkar replied with a magnificent 175, his 45th ODI century, while Suresh Raina made an impressive 59 but India's chase fell just short. Five Australian players have returned home from India so far, their tour cut short by injury, but Ponting was pleased with the way the replacements have responded. "It's remarkable considering the number of players we have had injured on this tour and we had a couple of our better players who didn't make the tour," Ponting said. "When you take all those things into consideration, the way we are continuing to improve our cricket is fantastic. "It is a great win for the boys and I am really happy to see some of the young guys doing well. "It's really good sign for the team." Ponting was also full of admiration for Tendulkar's innings as India pushed his side all the way. "Sachin played beautifully. It was one of the best knocks I've ever seen," he said. "We just had to keep hanging in there and I kept telling the bowlers to stick to their plans and to execute them well. "It just takes one false shot and you are back in the game, but Sachin didn't play too many false ones tonight. "I thought we batted well too and Shaun Marsh and Watson were terrific for us today at the top of the order." India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed defeat on a lack of mental toughness. "We were never in a position to contain them, so the only thing to do was to chase whatever target they set," Dhoni said. "We got off to a decent start, but we lost three wickets all at once and then Sachin and Raina brought us back into the game. "We lost this game not because of a lack of talent, but in the mind. We were not strong enough mentally. "It hurts when you lose games in this fashion, but it's a learning process." Dhoni also believed the bowling had lacked sting. "This was a superb batting wicket and as a bowler you have to be smart, vary your pace and length. "I thought Harbhajan bowled brilliantly, but the others were found lacking." Man of the match Tendulkar could not hide his unhappiness over the defeat. "It was one of my best innings, I was striking the ball very well and we were chasing 351 so there was constant pressure," he said. "We maintained the run rate and brought the game close, but in the end it was very disappointing."

Congratulations Aussies.... you taught indians a lesson!!! Prepare for the backlash now and win the series in the next game. :giggle:
Games where India lost were very close (not an excuse though) and all the matches so far were of very high quality Whoever wins this series, the other team can be as proud as the winners We all know what your team record against Aussies are :giggle: 9 0 9

Johnson, Watson sent home Australia have given star Shane Watson and Mitchell Johnson reprieves from the tour of India, opting to send the players home early for workload management reasons. More... Mitchell Johnson and Shane Watson to fly home early from tour of India By staff writers November 10, 2009 Australia have given star Shane Watson and Mitchell Johnson reprieves from the tour of India, opting to send the players home early for workload management reasons. Cricket Australia released a media statement on Tuesday night citing consultation with medical and coaching staff as reasons to allow the players to skip Australia's seventh and final one-day international against India in Mumbai on Wednesday. Chariman of selectors Andrew Hilditch said: "In view of the extremely heavy workload shouldered by Mitchell Johnson and Shane Watson since the ICC World Twenty20 in May 2009 and with the imminent start of the Australian summer which includes six Test matches in eight weeks, ODI and Twenty20 series against the West Indies and Pakistan and a tour to New Zealand early next year, the NSP has decided Mitchell and Shane will depart India as soon as possible. "Mitchell and Shane will return home to Australia to commence preparation for the 3 mobile Test series beginning in Brisbane on 26 November and the program that follows." The Australians wrapped up the seven-match series with a six-wicket victory in Guwahati on Sunday, taking an unassailable 4-2 lead.