"No place for sentiments in Test cricket" : Mickey Arthur

Feed

lol at picking up third seamer.....medium pacers dont pick wickets on flat pitches.... Zak is the only true performer..Ishant is useless on flat pitches...So why would u replace bhajji with a risky medium pacer? Secondly, Mishra is unproven but still playing..So you wanna drop Bhajji ahead of a important second test to bring in another replacement bowler so they can gain some experience too..hahahaha
Kallis and Amla pretty much own Bhajji. He's their bunny. Why play a spinner who's not going to take their wickets? Yes, our 3rd seamers are average but given Bhajji's current form, he's no more likely to take their wickets. If we don't get a spinning track in the next match then there's no point playing two full time spinners. Go for Sree/Zaheer for the new ball. Ishant as first change, Mishra or Bhajji as the full time spinner and then give Sehwag more overs and tell him to just drift the ball in short spell bursts with an attacking field.
Kallis and Amla pretty much own Bhajji. He's their bunny. Why play a spinner who's not going to take their wickets? Yes, our 3rd seamers are average but given Bhajji's current form, he's no more likely to take their wickets. If we don't get a spinning track in the next match then there's no point playing two full time spinners. Go for Sree/Zaheer for the new ball. Ishant as first change, Mishra or Bhajji as the full time spinner and then give Sehwag more overs and tell him to just drift the ball in short spell bursts with an attacking field.
It is one test..How do they own him? What are their stats along with other Saffers againt Bhajji in India?
What has Ishant being doing to not being Amla and Kallis's bunny?
What a cowardly post. Everyone is an unproven performer at the start of their career. It's why you give a newcomer like Mishra some time to see what he can do. I don't care who it is (mishra/ojha/karthik) sooner or later we need to drop Bhajji and give someone else a chance to grow. If Bhajji keeps going wicket less against the top order, and can't bowl well by creating pressure and getting maidens then even a 3rd class domestic spinner can do the same.
Cowardly. What OTT bakwaas. Its calling backing your players who are proven performers. If backing proven players who may have gone in to a slight dip in form is cowardly, then so be it call me a coward. Please give your thoughts on Bhaji being top wicket taker in 2008 and 2009 in tests. Its a fact that sits uncomfortably with anti bhaji mob who refuse to discuss this fact.
Cowardly. What OTT bakwaas. Its calling backing your players who are proven performers. If backing proven players who may have gone in to a slight dip in form is cowardly, then so be it call me a coward. Please give your thoughts on Bhaji being top wicket taker in 2008 and 2009 in tests. Its a fact that sits uncomfortably with anti bhaji mob who refuse to discuss this fact.
How many times do people here have to explain this to your grade school mind? Bhajji bowled amongst the most overs, played amongst the most test matches hence he had more wickets. Even children know quantity is not necessarily equal to quality.
How many times do people here have to explain this to your grade school mind? Bhajji bowled amongst the most overs, played amongst the most test matches hence he had more wickets. Even children know quantity is not necessarily equal to quality.
Ah the abuse has started from the clown of clowns In Fontaine. :hysterical: Your mind is more akin to a toddlers so me thinks my grade school mind wins out. What a pathetic way to dismiss the massive amount of wickets Bhaji has collected by simply saying he bowled a lot. Thats the thinking of a toddler:hysterical:
Because they completely dominated his bowling. Dumbhajan couldn't even bowl any maidens.
What's with the name calling? Has he done anything personally bad to you? He did get Kallis and Duminy out even though Kallis scored heaps against everyone....What did Ishant and Mishra do? How many wickets did they get? You haven't answered this? Why dod Ishant and Mishra deserve to play at Eden's and not Bhajji? On what basis?
So, I am assuming Dravid's hundreds are not important either because he took more balls than Sehwag to get to hundred... Both are equally important depending on the circumstance.
What's with the name calling? Has he done anything personally bad to you? He did get Kallis and Duminy out even though Kallis scored heaps against everyone....What did Ishant and Mishra do? How many wickets did they get? You haven't answered this? Why dod Ishant and Mishra deserve to play at Eden's and not Bhajji? On what basis?
Why call him Dumbhajan? Because it's funny and it fits. Ishant bowled average, and Mishra bowled well at times beating the bat only to not get edges. And get it right. I'm not saying drop Bhajji necessarily, but not going with two full time spinners if the track isn't a turning one.
So, I am assuming Dravid's hundreds are not important either because he took more balls than Sehwag to get to hundred... Both are equally important depending on the circumstance.
yes both are important but context is everything. A century with a greater strike rate is more aggressive and attacking. Just like a bowler getting wickets with a higher strike rate is more aggressive and important. Like I said even children know this, except for KT.
Why call him Dumbhajan? Because it's funny and it fits. Ishant bowled average, and Mishra bowled well at times beating the bat only to not get edges. And get it right. I'm not saying drop Bhajji necessarily, but not going with two full time spinners if the track isn't a turning one.
Ishant bowled average. Got 0 wickets. Mishra bowled well. Got 0 wickets. Bhajji bowled terribly. Got 2 wickets. In fact Bhajji bowled better of the three on day 2.
yes both are important but context is everything. A century with a greater strike rate is more aggressive and attacking. Just like a bowler getting wickets with a higher strike rate is more aggressive and important. Like I said even children know this, except for KT.
So if only one spinner is playing, Mishra should play and replace Bhajji at Eden Garden?
Ah the abuse has started from the clown of clowns In Fontaine. :hysterical: Your mind is more akin to a toddlers so me thinks my grade school mind wins out.
It's not abuse if it fits. You have the mental and emotional capacity of a child evidenced by the fact that you've been banned from this site before.
You want to give the benefit of doubt to an unproven performer at this level(although has been in and around team for 1 and half years). While I want to give the benefit of doubt to a proven performer (top wicket taker for India in 2008 and 2009). I back Bhaji to get his mo jo back and prove his worth again!
I don't really follow your argument. Why exactly do you want to consider a comparison between Mishra and Harby unless you consider them to be equal? Strawman arguments are very poor in a debate. Try again.
Lets get a second seamer performing before we talk of 3rd seamers. Ishant has been poor and he is not even a proven performer. No idea how he still stays in side
46 overs, 2 for 166. Do you actually believe that another seamer is going to do more damage to us? We are not producing the great spinners of yesteryears anymore to go with the 2 seamer + 2 spinner strategy.
Ishant bowled average. Got 0 wickets. Mishra bowled well. Got 0 wickets. Bhajji bowled terribly. Got 2 wickets. In fact Bhajji bowled better of the three on day 2.
Yes, Dumbhajan did bowl better the 2nd day. But after the crap he bowled in Day 1 anything would have been an improvement. Too little too late.
It's not abuse if it fits. You have the mental and emotional capacity of a child evidenced by the fact that you've been banned from this site before.
Ah the mods fav has spoken. More brown nosing from you to the mods. Yeah I have been banned from this site befoe. And...:hysterical: Better then sticking your tongue where the sun don't shine to curry flavour, or what ever flavour the toddler is looking for:hysterical: