Taj Mahal needs your vote to retain Seven Wonder status

DesiChap

Re: Taj Mahal needs your vote to retain Seven Wonder status

How many years islamist need heck they got 1000 years.
So now, it is Akbar's fault that two out of three before him were utter tossers and morons ? Why the hell are you holding and judging one man on a societerial basis ? What the hell was Akbar supposed to do ? Build an university and find teachers in them from outta his posterior ? So now we fall into the intellectually lazy category of lumping huge chunks of people and history together, just because finer reading is perhaps not one's fine aspect really(no pun intended) and categorizing hundreds of years of history and dozens and dozens of rulers under one broad stroke. How very convininent, inarticulate, unreasonable and insane!
Those who have drive to do smoethign bring changes in less than a decade example shershah suri those who are useless neanderthals for them no time is enough.
Umm. He built a freaking road. A freaking road. I am pretty sure, in 40 years of rulership, Akbar built roads. Ofcourse, he didnt need to build another cross-india road so he didnt. What did he have to build that was big enough for your mind to comprehend ? Should he have built the biggest lake or something for you to have enough visual stimulus and go for your buzzer ?
And for the zilliotnth time nobody deserves pat on the back for the natural self-driven bastardization amulgamation evolution whatever u call it.
Then nobody deserves a pat on the back for anything,for all ideas are spawned off by ideas comming before it-cultural or otherwise. Since you are so big in Indian history and culture, i assumed you'd be familiar with karma. But i guess not.
Givng them clean cheat based pn the work of evolution that will be tanatamount to patting the back of a murdere who takes hostage my family kills its members keeps me hostage for months and by the end of this saga I end up learning some new lamb recipe from that murderer and thereby conclude it was not bad after all.
Almost every ruler is a murderer to one extent or another. And i see no reason why you cannot acknowledge any good in the islamic period of India- actually nevermind, i can. You have this rather infantile and 1950s Hollywood westerns style idea of 'good guy' vs 'bad guy' idea for hundreds of years of historical portions and dozens and dozens of guys simply because you find it convininent to think that way. Somehow, you think its both wise and intelligent to judge a person by the basis of the overlying culture. Which in reality is nothing more than 'looks good on paper'. And as i said, you are ignoring the work and efforts of thousands of YOUR ancestors just because of the guy who wrote their cheques. Like, good job! :doh:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Taj Mahal needs your vote to retain Seven Wonder status Wrong analogy of pharaoh building pyramid and shahjehan building tajmahal from scratch or remodeling tejo mahlaya temple. (1) One is obvious there is no controversy of other's monument being destroyed to erect pyramid (2) Pharaoh may be war monger but he was not in business of persecuting his own citizen unlike muslim rulers (3)Pyramid is engineering marvel whereas tajmahal is anything but one

That said, spending millions on cleansing this monument while a lot of half destroyed original Indian monuments don't even getting a look is simply not on.
I think it is. If anything, we should be spending just as much on other religious monuments of significance and significantly increase our spending on all religious monuments. No need to bring it down or undercut it to bring something up. Just because the head guy who paid the gold was a muslim or a hindu doesnt make he ART any more significant, considering the artisans were all mostly our people. I dont think the Greeks go around dissing their monuments or allocating funds based on who/what built it or the Italians picking and choosing between the Coloseum and the Catacombs based on who paid the gold to its builders.
Why would anyone that appreciates good work want craftsmen's thumbs and hands cut off? Would you support such attitude just because he wanted best looking building all for himself?
I see no credibility in this aspect of the story. May or may not be true. Unknown. Shah Jahan wasnt a particularly violent man. He was mostly his wife's 'female dog' and a drunk. Not the best of doods but not someone i'd consider a 'disgrace'. Dont see why this story should be assumed true. Besides, dont you get it ? I dont give a flying <expletive> on who the guy that paid the gold was. All i care for is what this thing was built/modified for and people who built it. People who built it, who were mostly Indians, deserve AS MUCH as adulation as the Taj gets and more- they were our ancestors, they were bloody good at what they did and its a disgrace and total disservice to them to deny them appreciation for their lifelong work - work to build something that stood as a monument of 'love' (or atleast, not a tower of butchery or prison!) - just because you dont like the geneology/actions of ONE MAN who gave the gold. Shah Jahan didnt build the Taj. The workers did. The artisans, the engineers, the craftsmen did. All of whom are our ancestors, all of whom were masters of the highest art form and all of whom who are deserving of praise.And i dont think most people think of cultural monuments in that way either (except for people with religious issues) as i already mentioned. I would like you to comment on this because i tire of repeating myself. If you dont, i'll just have to assume that you dont give a toss about the thousands and thousands of workers who built it, their skill, their artistry and is just another tosspot and 'wannabe and supposedly superior hindu who really is inferior than what they are dissing personally in many ways' type of person.
They can rather be termed someone that has a strong opinion about something and are well learned. Not just another sheep that just follows its herd because it looks good in the rest of the company.
Given my experience with most hinduvta thinkers, i think exactly opposite is the case. Our intellectual side out of the sciences have turned away from the universalist approach of Ram Mohan Roy, Rabindranath Tagore, etc. and are instead turning out in polarised 'hindu retards', 'muslim retards', 'sikh retards', etc. fashion by the dozens. India's biggest problem is that too many are sheep to a particular school of thought.

Guest dada_rocks

How many years islamist need heck they got 1000 years.
So now, it is Akbar's fault that two out of three before him were utter tossers and morons ? Why the hell are you holding and judging one man on a societerial basis ? What the hell was Akbar supposed to do ? Build an university and find teachers in them from outta his posterior ? So now we fall into the intellectually lazy category of lumping huge chunks of people and history together, just because finer reading is perhaps not one's fine aspect really(no pun intended) and categorizing hundreds of years of history and dozens and dozens of rulers under one broad stroke. How very convininent, inarticulate, unreasonable and insane!
Those who have drive to do smoethign bring changes in less than a decade example shershah suri those who are useless neanderthals for them no time is enough.
Umm. He built a freaking road. A freaking road. I am pretty sure, in 40 years of rulership, Akbar built roads. Ofcourse, he didnt need to build another cross-india road so he didnt. What did he have to build that was big enough for your mind to comprehend ? Should he have built the biggest lake or something for you to have enough visual stimulus and go for your buzzer ?
And for the zilliotnth time nobody deserves pat on the back for the natural self-driven bastardization amulgamation evolution whatever u call it.
Then nobody deserves a pat on the back for anything,for all ideas are spawned off by ideas comming before it-cultural or otherwise. Since you are so big in Indian history and culture, i assumed you'd be familiar with karma. But i guess not.
Givng them clean cheat based pn the work of evolution that will be tanatamount to patting the back of a murdere who takes hostage my family kills its members keeps me hostage for months and by the end of this saga I end up learning some new lamb recipe from that murderer and thereby conclude it was not bad after all.
Almost every ruler is a murderer to one extent or another. And i see no reason why you cannot acknowledge any good in the islamic period of India- actually nevermind, i can. You have this rather infantile and 1950s Hollywood westerns style idea of 'good guy' vs 'bad guy' idea for hundreds of years of historical portions and dozens and dozens of guys simply because you find it convininent to think that way. Somehow, you think its both wise and intelligent to judge a person by the basis of the overlying culture. Which in reality is nothing more than 'looks good on paper'. And as i said, you are ignoring the work and efforts of thousands of YOUR ancestors just because of the guy who wrote their cheques. Like, good job! :doh:
He ruled for close to fifty freaking years and so far all u have presented is that he used to loved to be indulged in intellectual discusison in his court with those navratans. Do you think this is enough for someone to be called pioneering anything. Shahjehan had bigger fetish for thsi kind of meaingless courtroom discussion so had aurangjeb only differcne in his case was that he was less tolerant of thoughts other than islamic but he was islamic scholar ( may be bigger war monger for that very reason)... Point I am making is the thing which u are trying to pass off as pioneering work was the fetish of ruling elite only difference in case of akabar being he was tolerant of other religious doctrine too in those leisurely intellectual activities. Point is, is this enough. Leering on court dancers while listening to tansen all the while talking about idea of God doesn't a pioneer make every two penny king had this fetish in those days. Shershah suri was pioneer it's not just a road he even had arrangements for pyau every few kms for the travellers on lines of today's Mcdoanldss on inter-state highways. I am sure he had much more in store but his rule was cut short by his death and hardly lasted a decade. anyway this is getting repetitive now.

He ruled for close to fifty freaking years and so far all u have presented is that he used to loved to be indulged in intellectual discusison in his court with those navratans. Do you think this is enough for someone to be called pioneering anything.
how flipping retarded and totally removed from reality ! " Okay, very little evidence exists, so lets just hypothesise in the negetive and idiotic just because i dont have a freaking clue how rulers tended to work." Or the above, is essentially your viewpoint. It is recorded as a fact through several sources that Akbar was intellectually highly tolerant and curious. It is also noted as a fact that several of his navratnas were 'techical geeks' of their times. If you expect that, as a ruler with absolute power, he isnt gonna say ' okay hey i like this new idea of waterwheel- i shall make sure that those craftsmen who make waterwheels get the new plans" then you are, i am sorry to say, too much 'inside the books' and 'not outside in the world'. I guess that'd make sense, given that you are what i suspect to be a professor and professors tend to sometimes live 'too much' in the 'pages' and not too much into the outside world of 'people'. That is not how people work, thats not how rulers work and i am sorry to say, if a ruler has a reputation for something - be it tolerance, religion, artistry, technology or all, it is almost a given that he/she will contribute to the growth of schools for that kind of stuff. If you dispute this, know then that you will be disputing the observations and commentaries of several noted historians, mainly R.G. Collingwood and what is seen and agreed upon as one of the few common grounds in all world history in absolutist monarchism.
(1) One is obvious there is no controversy of other's monument being destroyed to erect pyramid
If you bring up such a petty little point, fine, i will then change my example to the Parthenon. It was built, rebuilt, built over, modified, destroyed, etc. by the Turks, Romans and even the Bulgarians. Yet the Greek dont throw a hissy fit towards the parthenon.
(2) Pharaoh may be war monger but he was not in business of persecuting his own citizen unlike muslim rulers
You obviously don't know much of Egyptian history or havn't read Mantho at all.
(3)Pyramid is engineering marvel whereas tajmahal is anything but one
I am an engineer and i think i am sufficiently qualified to say 'horseshit' to your above comment. You dont know engineering and i personally dont give a toss about your experience or expertise ( i will debate you this from a theoretical engineering standpoint if i have to) in Engineering if you claim the above to be true. Anyways, its late in the night, i am upset over several reasons, i need to go to sleep and then take my flight to India in a few days- so i am going to drop this conversation and might as well withdraw from this site seeing that what is passed off as intellectual debate here is nothing more than hinduvta backpatting and a totally laughable and semi-literate view on history that i find is distinctly 'third world mentality'. I am sure intellectual avenues exist for an indian community outside of here that isnt so dominated by such hollow 'hindu-centric' idiosyncrasy. Nice meeting you all- adios. Rahul, Aditi and Rajeev- stay in touch. Bye

Guest dada_rocks

(1) One is obvious there is no controversy of other's monument being destroyed to erect pyramid
If you bring up such a petty little point, fine, i will then change my example to the Parthenon. It was built, rebuilt, built over, modified, destroyed, etc. by the Turks, Romans and even the Bulgarians. Yet the Greek dont throw a hissy fit towards the parthenon. GO ask greek they will certainly put forth that point. Nobody is throwing hissi fit over taj either . Just refusing to vote for its induction into world's wonder
(2) Pharaoh may be war monger but he was not in business of persecuting his own citizen unlike muslim rulers
You obviously don't know much of Egyptian history or havn't read Mantho at all. I have pal i have bringing one off example doesn;t prove any point here we are talking about religious persectuion current flowing across every dynasty with exception of one or two here and there..
(3)Pyramid is engineering marvel whereas tajmahal is anything but one
I am an engineer and i think i am sufficiently qualified to say 'horseshit' to your above comment. You dont know engineering and i personally dont give a toss about your experience or expertise ( i will debate you this from a theoretical engineering standpoint if i have to) in Engineering if you claim the above to be true. Anyways, its late in the night, i am upset over several reasons, i need to go to sleep and then take my flight to India in a few days- so i am going to drop this conversation and might as well withdraw from this site seeing that what is passed off as intellectual debate here is nothing more than hinduvta backpatting and a totally laughable and semi-literate view on history that i find is distinctly 'third world mentality'. I am sure intellectual avenues exist for an indian community outside of here that isnt so dominated by such hollow 'hindu-centric' idiosyncrasy. Nice meeting you all- adios. Rahul, Aditi and Rajeev- stay in touch. Bye
Finsish ur degree first I believe I am more qualified on that count as of today. :lmao: Tajamahl is an exercise in spendthrift not anywhere close to be enggg marvel and less so when comparison is with pyramid... and u love to throw this word hindu-centric idosyncracies don't u.. despite the fact being even in this thread appreciation for shershah have been expressed appreciation for british rule have been expressed and I belive none of these two fall under hindu ruler category do they.. :wall: yeah have safe trip and do drop by....