Indian army's biggest enemy

Gaurav

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Indian army's biggest enemy

Do you even read what others write....? Do you even know that these suicides happen in high pressure anti terrorist postings... Frankly speaking your rant against officers of the armed forces is getting to be quite silly.And you come off looking like a bitter man. The point is ...some people are only happy to see a fauji dead with a bullet in his body...if he gets lucky and does not die...it is a such a waste of your resorces.God you pay taxes to keep this army ...how dare they not die. If it is such agreat life....then explain why there is such an accute shortage of officers in the armed forces. >>>>>. Moreoev these folks knew at the time of joiing IAF that there is private trainign going on which will 15 lakh around and they will be free to join after that trainign whichever company they want but no they took easy rout of free-training and that too fighter plane pilot training the best you could hope for. All of a sudden they want their whims to be rspected by govt. Not buying it. You really don't think twice before writing anything na??In that one paragraph you have questioned the dedication of all IAF pilots..... Well if it is so easily to become a fighter pilot.....how come there is a shortage. P.s...from your arguments till now...i am assumming that you tried to join...hence the interviews for NDA...but either did not or could not. and hence i refuse to argue with you....because it just seems like rant to me. May be you can't respect men in uniform or specifically officers in uniform...you may have your reasons ...you have the right to not respect.
Again comprehesion problem; where did I say I don't respect military men. My point for the zillionth time is justification of suicide on financial basis which is biggest baloney. Yes no offcier remains stationed in high tension zone for life they keep rotating and moreover this is not the first time officers have gone to war. Still this tension argument may be understandable up to some extent but financial bogey is unadulterated baloney. My brother-in-law is siachin return and he did complain for wuite a while about depression but then siachin is most extreme condition. Let me see so in one post u mentioned that young generation don't llike to join armed froces and theey rather go for iit/iim ewhere there is possibility of bigger pay perks. Then I mention it's not the case I tried my best to join armed forces even when I was already in iit. Now your deduction from this is that I am bitter and rejoice over dead military men. :lmao: Keep it up with these deductions u will go places. :wtg: On why there is shortage: (1) People are taking premature retirement (2) Training cost is so high that they are not churning many pilots from training schools. These oldies who would have trained would rather earn money in private airlines (3) Lately there have been spurt of fighter plane accidents There is no dearth of people who are willing to join for sure

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Indian army's biggest enemy There u go traning cost for you lurker: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030413/spectrum/main1.htm While the cost of each aircraft is about Rs 100 crore, the cost of the training of pilots is about Rs 23-45 crore per pilot (Fifth Pay Commission's Report Volume III page 1921). Thus, the loss of a pilot, apart from being a human life lost with all its tragic consequences, is a heavy cost to the exchequer. Thus in the period since 1 April 1993, India has incurred a loss of Rs10, 000 crore on account of the cost of the aircraft lost and another Rs 2250 crore on account of the loss of the pilots.