let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

Guest dada_rocks

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

dr' date=' I would much rather be an apologist or a pacifist than an extremist.[/quote'] Hilarious. You are labelled an extremist cos you stand up against extremisim which attempts to supress kaffars and women.
I wasn't referring to Tasleema Nasree here. Yes, she is truly standing up for her rights. I was referring to "know it all hindus" whose main past-time is to bash Islam, pretty much every waking hour. These people are obsessed with that religion and will scour websites all day looking for articles which might show the religion in some bad light and then rush to post them. I could care less but for the fact that it shows Hindus in bad light.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen What about the fact that non muslims are kaffars (infidels) and should convert (by force if neceesary) or die. This is not what I make up but what muslims actually believe. What do you think of this? They also suppress and subjugate women. This is exemplified by them burying women face down. What do you think of this?

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Are yaar, christians believe that every non-christian is under the influence of the satan. And the crusaders and have killed their own share of people. Regarding suppressing woman, all religions have done their fair share with varying degrees. Read some of the posts above regarding that. If you take the Jihadists and the terrorists out of the equation, Islam in general is probably on par with other religions in terms of modern-ness if you factor in the age of the religion. May be a little behind, but not to be riducled 24x7.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Not at all. The fact is that muslims actually believe everyting in their religion and follow it religiously if you pardon the pun. The kaffar thing they believe totally. The way they treat their women is a disgrace. Islam has not modernised at all. They have had not had a reformation like christianity for example. muslims seem to pride themselves on being backward. No other religion in the 21st century has counries like afghanastan, pak and sadia arabia whaich are so strict and oppressive. The reason why islam gets bashed is cos they effect other non believers by killing them. This is why people world wide and on this forum dislike islam and why its a hot topic.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Yoda, I have a question for you . If we don't insist on correcting the wrongs of certain religion vis a vis Burqa wearing just because it is their custom and we have no right as a non believer to interfere in their custom , then should a digambhar jain be allowed to roam in the streets in the western countries naked ?? Even he can claim that it is custom in his religion and we have no right to intefere. Don't take saree analogy because people in the west are not complaining about saree and the last I checked , I have never seen a Indian Hindu women wearing Saree and working in Office in USA.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Everyone knows about the Burqa yaar. And in this day and age with non-stop news channels, no one can bury their head in the sand. The question is not whether you want to bury your head in the sand, rather whether do you want to poke your nose and spread hatred 24x7.

Yoda' date=' I have a question for you . If we don't insist on correcting the wrongs of certain religion vis a vis Burqa wearing just because it is their custom and we have no right as a non believer to interfere in their custom , then should a digambhar jain be allowed to roam in the streets in the western countries naked ?? Even he can claim that it is custom in his religion and we have no right to intefere. Don't take saree analogy because people in the west are not complaining about saree and the last I checked , I have never seen a Indian Hindu women wearing Saree and working in Office in USA.[/quote'] 1. Walking naked is illegal (according to the laws in the US). Wearing a Burqa is not. We can debate why separately, but that is the main distinction. 2. BTW, I have seen Indian women wearing Salwar Kameez to work. Not often, rather on rare occassions. I have also seen Sikhs wear their turban and long beard to work.

Everyone knows about the Burqa yaar. And in this day and age with non-stop news channels, no one can bury their head in the sand. The question is not whether you want to bury your head in the sand, rather whether do you want to poke your nose and spread hatred 24x7.
I think who is spreading hatred is debatable. I for one, am a Moderate who is willing to take positions which are not clouded by religious sentiments . I found many Hindu customs repugnant and would be glad if muslim posters or other posters start posting about it . Do I agree with DR and Bheembhai , not necessarily. In fact I found sweeping generalisation about Indian muslims offfensive.But they are stand up guys who are more than willing to debate their positions. Other side is not willing to and therein lies the problem,IMO.

1. Walking naked is illegal (according to the laws in the US). Wearing a Burqa is not. We can debate why separately, but that is the main distinction. 2. BTW, I have seen Indian women wearing Salwar Kameez to work. Not often, rather on rare occassions. I have also seen Sikhs wear their turban and long beard to work.
Wearing Burqa to work is against company laws . That is why we have the concept of Business casuals. Please don't equate Saree which happens to be a beautiful attire according to most Indian women with that Black BeeKeeper dress. Also, coing back OT , you haven't answered my question . Do you think Muslim Personal Board has any right in demanding the extradiction of Taslima just for stating that Burqa should be banned.

BTW' date=' I have seen Indian women wearing Salwar Kameez to work. Not often, rather on rare occassions. I have also seen Sikhs wear their turban and long beard to work.[/quote'] Feel free to elaborate with evidence on which holy Book considers salwar kameez as a mandatory attire for Women ... ditto with Saree.
Everything in Hinduism is not from any Holy book. A lot of hinduism is practiced (quite forcefully), not necessarily written. Yes, Saree was pretty much compulsory during my Mom's generation. They were not allowed to walk around in a gown or a skirt. The Priests were not the only enforcers of Hinduism, it was the families and society itself. You would be an outcast if as a Brahmin you threw away your sacred thread or as a woman you decided to walk around in a bikini.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen I personally know 3 brahmins who don't wear the thread at all, may be except once or twice a year. And again, wearing sari was NOT a must, rather a social norm, because of the same mentality kissing wasn't shown in indian movies even few years back

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen People like yoda get confused. He is very liberal and PC. In that he wants everyone to have the right to do and practice what they like. This is fine, but then what happens is that their desperation to allow people to do what they want. They end up supporting bigoted, oppressive customs in their desperation to allow people to do what they want. They forget that the oppressed people need rights as well.

Guest dada_rocks

I wasn't referring to Tasleema Nasree here. Yes, she is truly standing up for her rights. I was referring to "know it all hindus" whose main past-time is to bash Islam, pretty much every waking hour. These people are obsessed with that religion and will scour websites all day looking for articles which might show the religion in some bad light and then rush to post them. I could care less but for the fact that it shows Hindus in bad light.
Load of bird poo ..only reasonf a shindu or a chirstian got involved with these guys baloney was because they brought it with them to a hindu or christains door-step as long as they confine themselves to their own hell-holes i would care less... If their bullcrap didn;t make any different to rest noone wud have cared.. Even in thsi thread I have given deatiled reason why this particualr crap too is a threat...Be is poona jewellers airlines road side traffic police or university under-grad students facing their TA........Anyone who could think a little could get this much.. There could not be bigger testimony to the fact that world could care less about Taliban as long as they were adminstering shariah in theor own house when they exported their crap then only attention was given..

Guest dada_rocks

Are yaar, christians believe that every non-christian is under the influence of the satan. And the crusaders and have killed their own share of people. Regarding suppressing woman, all religions have done their fair share with varying degrees. Read some of the posts above regarding that. If you take the Jihadists and the terrorists out of the equation, Islam in general is probably on par with other religions in terms of modern-ness if you factor in the age of the religion. May be a little behind, but not to be riducled 24x7.
You could believe in stone as long as you are not throwing that stone at me.. remeber that words of Wafa Sultan.. Yes they believe in crap but they are not forcing it down anyone's throat unlike islamists.. Don't start that crap taken from past I live in present as of today. Oh that Age of religion defence. Do you know how old is scientology ..... Moreover if I start another religion tomorrow can I come and slit your throat (not to be taken seriously) and hide behind the crap that since my religion is new it will take me time to get civilized. it's your own logic at work :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

Everyone knows about the Burqa yaar. And in this day and age with non-stop news channels, no one can bury their head in the sand. The question is not whether you want to bury your head in the sand, rather whether do you want to poke your nose and spread hatred 24x7.
And who are u some kind of hatred-meter. BS as usual..

Guest dada_rocks

If you are so really worried about the harm to Hinduism feel free to venture into a fact based discussion .... on the hazards and true nature of this faith that you still seem to think is "just another faith".
That will be some constructive work he specializes in apologists' job

Guest dada_rocks

BTW' date=' I have seen Indian women wearing Salwar Kameez to work. Not often, rather on rare occassions. I have also seen Sikhs wear their turban and long beard to work.[/quote'] Feel free to elaborate with evidence on which holy Book considers salwar kameez as a mandatory attire for Women ... ditto with Saree.
As usual messers is comparing cultural practice with religious edict.......The day saree becomes security hazard the day wone not clad in saree get their faces painted with acid by some clown brigade, the day parents start forcing their kids to wear saree , rest assured saree practice is goign to get mouthful.. right nwo this is just another cultural attire harmless and beautiful.. :wtg: