Who are sikhs more closely related to Muslims or Hindus?

Rohan495

Re: Who are sikhs more closely related to Muslims or Hindus? when i was in school in india, one of my best friends was a muslim.... he would come to our place during festivals, eat, burst crackers during diwali and all tht.... but his parents would never let me and our other hindu friends inside their house....

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Who are sikhs more closely related to Muslims or Hindus?

my experience says that hindus,sikhs,Budhists, christians, etc etc are more comfortable in dealing with each other...than with muslims...
I'd agree except i'd remove Christians from the fray. Indian catholics are allright - they have 'adapted' catholicism to dharmic faiths and are content to remain within their sphere. But protestant christianity is very abrasive, particularly the type that involves US fanatics like Benny Hinn setting up base in India and getting a few 'chamchaas' to do his bidding. They've aggressively converted a significant portion of north-east india to christianity and whenever they prosthelyse, they diss Hindu Gods and Goddeses by calling them 'fallen angels' and 'devils in disguise'. They mostly focus on Neoti or Yama and Kali and potray Hinduism as a bloodthirsty (ironic!) faith that has ignorant masses worshipping terrorist Gods who'd blow up the followers if he/she doesnt get worship. The protestant christianity even goes around giving money to people to convert and tries to plop down churches right next to hindu holy sites. If i am not mistaken, the christians tried to/have built a church right next to Tirumala temple complex.
Agreed 2000%

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Who are sikhs more closely related to Muslims or Hindus?

when i was in school in india' date=' one of my best friends was a muslim.... he would come to our place during festivals, eat, burst crackers during diwali and all tht.... but his parents would never let me and our other hindu friends inside their house....[/quote'] That's stinkingly cheap have witnessed not eating in each others house from both sides but not letting in the house. :wall: