China Runs Circles Around India In Basic Science

Birbal3

Re: China Runs Circles Around India In Basic Science

"extra-ordinary brain power" I call Bullshit on that.What the hell does brain power means?Iq? India has a below avg IQ..Common sense? Pls.....Education? Yeah right.. The only thing goin for India is the number of ppl with so called science degrees.. Lets take TN for example (cos i grew up thr and was part of the education system). I went to a good school and thank god that particular school was more worried about what you learn and how you learn it and not how high you can get.. But unfortunately how intelligent you are never mattered in the 12th grade system. The final exam basically depends on how much you can memorize and rarely on practical or reasoning basis. The only schools which takes you for actual intelligence are less than 20. Maybe 30. 30 schools(with its own quota systems to let lesser minds into it) in a country with a billion ppl. Other Engineering/Science/Business schools have to very little basic requirement to hand out degrees. What we are left with are millions with very basic working knowledge of anything. Just compare a community colleges eng program with TN's top private school..The kids in the community college can build robots while the top scorer in venkateshwara can write the periodic table in under a minute.. Its not perfect in US either but when it comes to science they are way ahead of India .Even the Chinese students know more than an average Indian Student..Dont compare the cream of India(IITans,IIM etc) with the cream of American students.. Compare the avg american student with the average Indian student to know the real deal abt science studies in India. Esp. in the long run....as the salary in India keeps increasing, there will be no more advantage over Americans.. IF we want to improve India, we have to start with a major overhaul of our education system.
I kind of agree with you.

Re: China Runs Circles Around India In Basic Science I have worked with some killer (brain, dedication, work ethic, the total package) sw engineers from India in my reasonably long working career in the US. I have had a chance to work with quite a few people of chinese origin and of course several locals from top universities as well. So far, Indians have been miles ahead of the other two groups in terms of brain power. Chinese are very good in following instructions without asking questions and implementing them well. Americans are of course good at managing and interacting with others well. Indians are excellent in analyzing a problem situation, evaluating solutions, debating them eloquently, thinking through what-ifs, essentially the whole nine-yards.