The Untouchables

head coach

Re: The Untouchables

headcoach what part of india you from?? stil waiting for your answer?
I don't think he is indian. I've never met an indian who thought promiscuous devdasis or far worse, forced devdasis were in vogue at Indian temples. An Indian cannot be THAT deluded about India and be literate at the same time.
:wtg:
CC, you got to open your eyes more towards the oppressed and disadvantaged man. Read this: The report, which was commissioned by the National Commission for Women (NCW), is a grim reminder that heinous practice - dedication of young girls from socially disadvantaged sections to Goddess Yellamma as devdasis - is not only continuing but is on the rise. Call them by any name - devdasi, Jogin, Basavi, Kalavant, Paravati, Mathamma, Mahari,Natir, Murali, Vardiyar and Matangi - the Dalit women are being forced into prostitution under religious cover. The practice of dedicating Dalit girls to the local Goddess at an young age, between five to 10, is prevalent in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Assam. According to an estimate, girls dedicated as Devdasis to Yellamma and Khandoba temples in Maharashtra-Karnataka border area number about 2.5 lakh and all are from the Dalit community. Now for those who are reminded of caste system only by a government action, let me tell you this. There are people who are born in these so called blue blood families with a silver spoon in their tongue conveniently ignoring the bloodcurdling acts of religious idolaters. You got to remember that arrogant fool can break every rule it'll be nothing but pride that kills him. Speaking about my nationality and region of locality, you are free to make any assumptions (hell no on selling identity free).

I don't think he is indian. I've never met an indian who thought promiscuous devdasis or far worse, forced devdasis were in vogue at Indian temples. An Indian cannot be THAT deluded about India and be literate at the same time.
CC, you got to open your eyes more towards the oppressed and disadvantaged man. Read this: The report, which was commissioned by the National Commission for Women (NCW), is a grim reminder that heinous practice - dedication of young girls from socially disadvantaged sections to Goddess Yellamma as devdasis - is not only continuing but is on the rise. Call them by any name - devdasi, Jogin, Basavi, Kalavant, Paravati, Mathamma, Mahari,Natir, Murali, Vardiyar and Matangi - the Dalit women are being forced into prostitution under religious cover. The practice of dedicating Dalit girls to the local Goddess at an young age, between five to 10, is prevalent in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Assam. According to an estimate, girls dedicated as Devdasis to Yellamma and Khandoba temples in Maharashtra-Karnataka border area number about 2.5 lakh and all are from the Dalit community. Now for those who are reminded of caste system only by a government action, let me tell you this. There are people who are born in these so called blue blood families with a silver spoon in their tongue conveniently ignoring the bloodcurdling acts of religious idolaters. You got to remember that arrogant fool can break every rule it'll be nothing but pride that kills him. Speaking about my nationality and region of locality, you are free to make any assumptions (hell no on selling identity free).
Do you even have National Commission for Women (NCW) in your country ??

Do you even have National Commission for Women (NCW) in your country ??
KR, not sure whether question is directed at me but'll answer to your satisfaction - YES!

Re: The Untouchables For whatever its worth I am not too sure why some of you are having a go at HC. Whether he is from India or not who cares? I for one do not. Here is why: 1) If he is non-Indian then that only adds to our website. I for one would like this website to have members from all parts of the world, not merely India. 2) Whether he is Indian or non-Indian he has as much right to criticize Hinduism or India. How come we Indians are free to criticize Islam and all its intricacies but when others do we start folding up? A simple thread where MP is asked some question slowly transcends into a cornering act where many seems to have a go at him. So what is true for goose should be true for gander as well. 3) His points about Untouchability is pertinent. Whether it is to the degree as he thinks can be debated, just as me and others have debated to the extent of the state of Gujrat. I beleive Gujrat has a problem, others beleive not so much. Fair enough. But why can't we do the same on this topic? 4) The tradition of Devdasi, while certainly on the wane, is hardly something that HC has enlightened us for the first time. I have heard of it. I have also heard of a lot of tales about Vrindavan and how females are abused there. The point being such things unfortunately happen. The great news of course is such activities are going down. 5) Finally I have experienced casteism in India first hand. My very first unfortunate memory was during my Engineering Days. I had gone to the room of a friend of mine who was Dalit and was having food with his friends. I was hungry and so I delved right in. I couldnt understand their surprise and indeed shock. After I was done I was told that they had not expected me to do so as I was of "upper" caste! That seems all good and poetic now but can you imagine how I would have felt if the roles were reversed? If a group of "upper" caste people were in the room and if I was born a lower caste, and refused to be allowed to eat with them? It would have made my life bitter like hell. So the point is Untouchability/Casteism etc are a bane of Hinduism and should be severely dealt with. I am glad to see everyone agrees here on that account but lets criticize the post and not the poster. Cheers! xxxx

Re: The Untouchables Lurker, thanks for the post. I dont mind people getting personal, I take it as a tactic while debating. You see one gets to crticize the opponent only if he lacks confidence with his view point. My attempt is not at all to criticize India or Hinduism in general. I'm only trying to find a balance in issues pertaining to each religion not just criticizing one religion in all thread and saying all who follow that reglion are fools per say! Also my take on spirtuality is that it is something essential to your life which gives you a needed control when you feel unsettled or unstable with the situation around you. It doesnt matter which religion you follow just live your life and let others also live. There could be people following your religion killing other but can you attempt to put a stop to it no!. You can only follow the rules! For everyones relief let me just tell that I'm not a Pakistani or a muslim and have not visited this country so far but would like to visit once in life which is in my wish list of doing a world tour :lol:

Re: The Untouchables Lurker , nobody is criticizing the poster , At least I am not. I think Head coach is a Pakistani and he is welcome to post in this board. And yes , his points about Untouchability is pertinent and sadly true. Like CC pointed out, Even I have never met an indian who thought promiscuous devdasis or far worse, forced devdasis were in vogue at Indian temples. Here is where , HC's start's losing the plot. Also , In all honestly , people from Islamic countries should be the last ones to talk about women's plight in other countries . They need to clean up their houses first . For starts , abolish that Draconian Sharia. Just my two cents.

Lurker , nobody is criticizing the poster , At least I am not. I think Head coach is a Pakistani and he is welcome to post in this board. And yes , his points about Untouchability is pertinent and sadly true. Like CC pointed out, Even I have never met an indian who thought promiscuous devdasis or far worse, forced devdasis were in vogue at Indian temples. Here is where , I start doubting HC's true intentions. Also , In all honestly , people from Islamic countries should be the last ones to talk about women's plight in other countries . They need to clean up their houses first . For starts , abolish that Draconian Sharia. Just my two cents.
KR, you simply missed my previous post(hit that F5 key pal)

Re: The Untouchables Head coach , I did miss your post. But with all due respect , I still feel you are a Pakistani. Don't get me wrong here, I would love to see posters from Pakistan post here and actually start posting some rebutals. Unfortunately , posters like MP and Badshah are too nice ! :lol: And if you are a Indian , Jai Hind. :wtg:

Re: The Untouchables non issue for the rest of the world. already taken care of by the ind. govt in more ways than one. now i have a task for you head coach. pls list all the initiatives by the indian govt since independence to address this issue. googling should be sufficient.

Also my take on spirtuality is that it is something essential to your life which gives you a needed control when you feel unsettled or unstable with the situation around you. It doesnt matter which religion you follow just live your life and let others also live. There could be people following your religion killing other but can you attempt to put a stop to it no!. You can only follow the rules!
Spoken like a true slave to religion--> Ek number ka religious Zombie :hic: Spirituality/religion is definitely not needed in "unsettled" or normal times. Yes it's needed by weak minded people who feel better by living a lie :hic: "Follow the rules"? wtf! Come I will give you some rules- Rule1- Don't follow rules set by some ignorant f**k 1000+ years ago! Rule2- Face reality instead of running to a fairy world like a kid. Rule3- Worship me :lmao: Your points about untouchables are valid but you loose little bit of the plot when it comes to prosis in temples. If that was the case then I would have been at the temple 24/7 J/K :hic:

non issue for the rest of the world. already taken care of by the ind. govt in more ways than one. now i have a task for you head coach. pls list all the initiatives by the indian govt since independence to address this issue. googling should be sufficient.
:lol: hehe good one Yoda! I love google do you? Govt action is not enough in these issues. Educating people to the core level using media and pouring these out to the people time to time is also needed. But as you know concerns fallen on deaf ears remain that way until there is a catastrophic loss.

non issue for the rest of the world. already taken care of by the ind. govt in more ways than one. now i have a task for you head coach. pls list all the initiatives by the indian govt since independence to address this issue. googling should be sufficient.
:lol: hehe good one Yoda! I love google do you? Govt action is not enough in these issues. Educating people to the core level using media and pouring these out to the people time to time is also needed. But as you know concerns fallen on deaf ears remain that way until there is a catastrophic loss.
don't get all dramatic about catastropy BS. there is too much reverse discrimination going on in india. that is a real issue, not vice-versa. govt is made up of people. govt action is people's action in a democracy.

Re: The Untouchables headcoach, The reason I want to know is because you were talking BS about Gujarat and lot of other stuff..I want to know if you are indian or not..if your indian I dont have to waste my time explaining different things..but if you are not..we should first start with your education. So dont be shy..Just let us know what part of India you from? Most ppl wil be proud to tell their origins...your deafening silence is telling me that you are not sure of your origins.. If you dont want to answer it? Just say "I dont know" and I will take that answer...

headcoach, The reason I want to know is because you were talking BS about Gujarat and lot of other stuff..I want to know if you are indian or not..if your indian I dont have to waste my time explaining different things..but if you are not..we should first start with your education. So dont be shy..Just let us know what part of India you from? Most ppl wil be proud to tell their origins...your deafening silence is telling me that you are not sure of your origins.. If you dont want to answer it? Just say "I dont know" and I will take that answer...
Kabira, if it's not required to mention in this website then why can't you leave it as a voluntary thing without pressing on it. As I stated earlier I dont represent any other country in this forum or I'm trying to tarnish the image of any country. If you think its mandatory to give out the details let me know. But I ldo appreciate your willingness to educate and love to hear your perspectives... I hope we can leave this here and trun our attention to the topic discussed. Thanks!

Re: The Untouchables >As I stated earlier I dont represent any other country in this forum well if you represent any country, we would like to know..We love to have posters from different country..Its not voluntary though..But will be good to know about your country.. Most ppl here have no hesitation...most ppl are proud to represent their particular country..

Can a Indian be expected to say "Jai Hind" back ? :hmph:
Jai Hind! I may actually break into that Doordarshan snippet "Hind desh ke niwaasi sabhi jan ek hain..rang roop bhesh bhaasha chaahe anek hain". Does anyone remember that? Or the other one, "Ek chidiya anek chidiyan" :stickman: :stickman: