The Untouchables

head coach

Re: The Untouchables headcoach.... wat is ur personal opinion on quotas.... to make it simpler.... do u think, it is fair that 2 families, both have middle class income.... 2 kids from those families compete for a medical seat..... the kid from the so-called forward caste gets 95% and the kid from the so-called backward caste get 85%..... both kids sacrificed a lot in preparation.... but the BC kid gets through, while the FC kid doesnt... Your take on this?

Re: The Untouchables

headcoach.... wat is ur personal opinion on quotas.... to make it simpler.... do u think, it is fair that 2 families, both have middle class income.... 2 kids from those families compete for a medical seat..... the kid from the so-called forward caste gets 95% and the kid from the so-called backward caste get 85%..... both kids sacrificed a lot in preparation.... but the BC kid gets through, while the FC kid doesnt... Your take on this?
Gator, good question. It is the flaw in reservation govt has set. I am of opinion that reservation should be based on the economic condition of the person. And you are right many misuse the reservation set by govt just because of this. But that doesnt change my view on oppression against Dalits and lower caste hindus. They should be treated with dignity when it comes to social status. It is same as the racial discrimination in US. It should the character of a person not the color/race that determines his class!

The practice of dedicating Dalit girls to the local Goddess at an young age, between five to 10, is prevalent in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Assam.
Okay, as i said, i never ventured in India south of Vizag. So dunno about Andhra ( Vizag is very north Andhra), Karnataka, Tamil Nadu or Kerala. But i've been to Maharashtra, Orissa, UP and Assam - never seen a devdasi in my life in either states. Only place i've seen devdasis is at Vaishnodevi. And usually they are there risking their lives (against terrorism) to make the arduous trek for pilgrims easier. I am willing to stick my neck out and say whichever organization wrote about devdasis were in grave error.

Re: The Untouchables Thanks for the info, BB. Thing is, i am aware of the devdasi practices too (and as i said, encountered them very rarely in India) but i've honestly never met or heard of devdasis forced into mass sexual frenzy or something. If that happens, they obviously got the devdasi thing all wrong, since it is the devdasis who are supposed to determine out of their free will who the 'lucky bhakta' is going to be or if there is goin to be a 'lucky bhakta' in the first place. And i can tell that his story is exgaggerated manyfolds - for if situation was as grave as implied, Indians would be far more aware of it and doing something about it. Caste or no caste,Indians tend to be conservative and respectful as a society with women's sexual rights. Almost everybody i know personally would be royally pissed at forced sex in the name of religion. Isolated incidents like these happen but what the poster seems to forget is that 1/6th of humanity is contained within India and China. India is a liberal democracy unlike China, where the govt. peeks into your bedroom to see how many times you've impregnated your wife.So by default, if he is hunting for weird stories and crazy stuff, he'd find more than any in India.Its not supposed to be a reflection on India but a reflection on humanity.

There could be people following your religion killing other but can you attempt to put a stop to it no!. You can only follow the rules!
Well, as Buddha said- 'don't believe anything i say. Believe nothing. Go find out for yourself and only if you find it valid or you, then show beleif. For only the truly profound will remain constant- everything else will change'. Since i am a follower of buddhist philosophy, anything 'he said/she said' is irrelevant. Don't care if Mohammed said something or Jesus or Krishna or Jehovah or Allah himself/itself came to me and said something to me with folded hands. If it doesn't make sense to me, they can count me out.

Re: The Untouchables One more thing- how is the caste situation in Kerala, anyone ? The reason i ask is because i am interested in finding out if communist states have lesser incidents of casteism ( its what should be happening according to commie theory but i dunno if it actually happens that way). I may be drawing an inference too quickly but i noticed that when it comes to caste stuff, educated Bengalis tend to be less caste-minded than most Indians and casteism is pretty much almost exclusively alive in the very poor/illiterate domains of Bengal. My guess is the communism in west bengal (which has been very dilligently anti-caste there) has played a major part in it.

Thanks for the info, BB. Thing is, i am aware of the devdasi practices too (and as i said, encountered them very rarely in India) but i've honestly never met or heard of devdasis forced into mass sexual frenzy or something. If that happens, they obviously got the devdasi thing all wrong, since it is the devdasis who are supposed to determine out of their free will who the 'lucky bhakta' is going to be or if there is goin to be a 'lucky bhakta' in the first place. And i can tell that his story is exgaggerated manyfolds - for if situation was as grave as implied, Indians would be far more aware of it and doing something about it. Caste or no caste,Indians tend to be conservative and respectful as a society with women's sexual rights. Almost everybody i know personally would be royally pissed at forced sex in the name of religion. Isolated incidents like these happen but what the poster seems to forget is that 1/6th of humanity is contained within India and China. India is a liberal democracy unlike China, where the govt. peeks into your bedroom to see how many times you've impregnated your wife.So by default, if he is hunting for weird stories and crazy stuff, he'd find more than any in India.Its not supposed to be a reflection on India but a reflection on humanity.
I was not going to pursue this matter here again but since you categorically deny something cannt ignore it either so here is a story from a victim. read yourself: <>

One more thing- how is the caste situation in Kerala, anyone ? The reason i ask is because i am interested in finding out if communist states have lesser incidents of casteism ( its what should be happening according to commie theory but i dunno if it actually happens that way). I may be drawing an inference too quickly but i noticed that when it comes to caste stuff, educated Bengalis tend to be less caste-minded than most Indians and casteism is pretty much almost exclusively alive in the very poor/illiterate domains of Bengal. My guess is the communism in west bengal (which has been very dilligently anti-caste there) has played a major part in it.
Yes Communist has played a role in bring unity among Hindus in this aspect. In West Bengal and Kerala there is improvement. But remember these happen in villages (rural settings) and people living in city/town are unaware and only hears it through media(which doesnt occur that much)

But remember these happen in villages (rural settings) and people living in city/town are unaware and only hears it through media(which doesnt occur that much)
What happens in rural india is a function of poverty and illiteracy more than anything else.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The Untouchables as usual dead isse being flogged just because burning issue can;t be found and u got to balance potherwise islamsit might feel offended..... Waise mujhe pata batao us jagah ka bhai jahan ye forcible devdasi system in place abhi tak to sare wild conjecture hi lag rahe hain......