Are We All SKCs?

Dhondy

Re: Are We All SKCs?

take the Ranji trophy too ... only VVS and SMG have scored triple hundreds IIRC ... :
Dinesh Mongia, Wasim Jaffer, Arjan Kripal Singh (who ?) and Devang Gandhi (among others) have scored triple hundreds too !!
You forgot the granddaddy of them all, Vijay Merchant. Not to mention the one with highest score by an batsman in Indian first class - BB Nimbalkar(he scored 400 plus dont quite remember how much though).

Re: Are We All SKCs? >Even today it is better simply because its at a better level and involves far more skilled foreigners than domestic cricket in india. why its better? It does test different skill sets..but no way its any better...

I dont know believe county cricket is any better than our domestic cricket...take an example of Dinesh Mongia...dude was hero there.. If English county was any good..England would have ruled world cricket..but heck, in mid to late 90s they had miserable team...
I think county cricket is not at all good. Just because they invite foreign players by giving them good money does not make it good. Its only outer beauty or the presentation which is why it remains in limelight

Much much more than what you would get by having met a few dozen yanks at best in your entire lifetime ...
Don't be retarded - if you want to know what the WORLD thinks of the yanks, you have to go out to the WORLD,not base it on living amongst the yanks. Its like saying 'i live in India, so i know what the world thinks of India'. Ie, utterly illogical.
you wouldnt have found so many Desis living happily amongst them
Most desis are pro-yanks by default because yanks are anti-muslim by default and it sits well with our largely hinduvta desi crowd in the US. Most desis support america because they have ZERO clue about just how diabolical America is and its history is. Thats SKC right there - the blind aping of America and trying to pretend to be a chest-thumping desi when they don't even have the balls to go live in India and toil hard there.
If anything it shows your blind prejudice against the Americans without having met any decent number of them.
Pffft. I've seen more americans in 2004 for four months than most people have in 10 years. Working the hospitality industry (Alaskan cruiselines) made sure of that. Been to America several times, dated American girls for years. So keep that chat to yourself.

>Even today it is better simply because its at a better level and involves far more skilled foreigners than domestic cricket in india. why its better? It does test different skill sets..but no way its any better...
It is better because : 1. Better variety of pitches 2. A more cohesive and sound structure to the tourney 3. Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games.

Re: Are We All SKCs? > Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. You mean those players who have not been selected in their team because of a bad patch

> Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. You mean those players who have not been selected in their team because of a bad patch
???? Such as ? There are ample Aussies playing the county league who'd knock down the door in any other international side. Hussey is the most recent example. Lehmann another. And even players like Dinesh Mongia, Azhar Mehmood, Mustaq Ahmed, who may not be quality enough at this point to play Test cricket are a whole lightyear ahead of the average FC players like Amol Mazumdar or Gagandeep Singh types.

Re: Are We All SKCs? >1. Better variety of pitches hmm...and I still havnt seen England produce 50+ average batsman in recent history....nor they have produced any decent spinners...how come so called better variety is not helping them. >2. A more cohesive and sound structure to the tourney here we are talking about actual cricket..11 against 11... >3. Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. Ok how many internationally established players played in last season...

are you saying that my experience of living for 10 yrs amongst the Yanks is of no consequence
It is of no consequence when talking about how Yanks are perceived worldwide. That is about as simple as logic gets.
it turned out to be utterly false
SKC 101 right there !

>1. Better variety of pitches hmm...and I still havnt seen England produce 50+ average batsman in recent history....nor they have produced any decent spinners...how come so called better variety is not helping them. >2. A more cohesive and sound structure to the tourney here we are talking about actual cricket..11 against 11... >3. Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. Ok how many internationally established players played in last season...
This is assuming that all players are product of the system, when in reality, several Indian players of the past - Kapil, Gavaskar, etc. are on record saying that Indian system is utter garbage and great players come out DESPITE the system than due to the system. I think it is a testament to Indian greats that they succeeded despite having such a shitty system. But the system deserves no credit for producing a tendulkar or a gavaskar or a kapil.

Re: Are We All SKCs? >But the system deserves no credit for producing a tendulkar or a gavaskar or a kapil. it does...Tendulkar and Gavaskar are product of tough and competitive Mumbai cricket... Kapil is an exception, but even then in developed his inswinger playing in our domestic cricket...

It is of no consequence when talking about how Yanks are perceived worldwide. That is about as simple as logic gets
If the perception was indeed a fact I would have ended up with some pretty bad Yankee experiences considering my long stay right amongst them ... Understand ? Or you want it broken down further :wall:
Americans in their homeland = not travellers. American travellers = worst of the bunch based on worldwide perception/opinion. Your experience dealing with Americans in their HOME TURF is not reflective of their attitudes and how they are perceived IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES. Comprende ? Need me to spell it out further ?

You may not know this but most High scoring Batting records are set in Eng/Aus .. especially the Team records ... If what you say is true India should have had boat loads of high scoring records set IN INDIA and most of them would have been against us considering how we have never had truly "Mean" sub 23 avg bowlers ... That was the whole point of that website that I built ... there are more stats that I can throw .... if you insist .... This is mearly a result of one of the greatest false propaganda combied with our SKCness that we loath ourselves bigtime....
Sorry that made absolutely no sense. Yes I do realize a lot of high scores have happened OUTSIDE India. But you are also conviniently forgetting that a lot of such scores would,and did, happen on the back of cricketing greats like Bradman, Sobers, Hutton etc. A dead track does not mean that any Tom, Dick and Harry shall go and score 400* on it. Indian pitches have also been dead at times, certainly the likes of those at Green Park Kanpur. However if there have not been a huge score(at home) can that also not mean that Indian players were not capable of playing such scores? For 50 odd years Indian batsmen could not score 250 plus(in words of Sunil Gavaskar - it was a matter of shame since every other Indian country could boast of a batsman) and within a matter of years VVS topped 250 and then Sehwag 300. Were the tracks(Calcutta and Multan) the best batting pitches in Indian subcontinent history? Hardly. Indian batsmen did not score high because they did not use the conditions. End of story. Not even sure what your argument overlooked all of that and went all tangential with a SKCish suggestion?
Again nothing more than a Big myth ... plenty of fast bowlers have done very well in India ... whereas you will only find a handfull of Spinners who have done well in Australia ... and the grounds are mostly batsman friendly .....
Plenty of fast bowlers have done wonderful in India? Like who? Other than Marshall and Holding I can not seem to remember too many. On the other hand even bowlers of calibre of Agarkar have done well in Australia. As a bowler Agarkar is hardly rated so why dont you suggest his success was due to Australian pitch? XXX

> Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. You mean those players who have not been selected in their team because of a bad patch
???? Such as ? There are ample Aussies playing the county league who'd knock down the door in any other international side. Hussey is the most recent example. Lehmann another. And even players like Dinesh Mongia, Azhar Mehmood, Mustaq Ahmed, who may not be quality enough at this point to play Test cricket are a whole lightyear ahead of the average FC players like Amol Mazumdar or Gagandeep Singh types.
Lehmann played there for long time becoz he is married to Craig White's sister... Most of the other players play becoz of the salary or personal reasons.

>3. Far more # of internationally established players playing the league than in India, thus raising the overall quality of the games. Ok how many internationally established players played in last season...
The foreigners who will be starring in English CC this season include (but not limited to); Katich, Di Venuto, Andy Flower, Kaneria, Nel, Jimmy Maher, Umar Gul, Hamish Marshall, Spearman, Stuart Clark, Shane Warne, Andrew Hall, Arafat, van Jaarsveld, Hodge, Muralitharan, Murali Karthik, Vaas, Klusener, Rogers, van der Wath, Stephen Fleming, David Hussey, Langer, Cameron White, Azhar Mahmood, Saqlain, Rana Naved, Mushtaq Ahmed, Goodwin, Sangakkara, Dale Steyn, Streak, Phil Jacques, Jason Gillespie, Younis Khan. Factor in all the good English cricketers, and it's fairly obvious why the standard of county cricket is regarded as being higher than Indian domestic cricket. It's quite obvious isn't it ? The better cricketers there are in a league; the higher the standard would be. Established Indian internationals play no part in the Ranji, and the more reputed players like Saurav Ganguly go as far as denigrating the whole system by claiming that runs scored in Indian FC cricket aren't a reliable yardstick for determining an international cricketers' form or qualty. SKC plays a part; but you have to acknowledge the fact that Indian FC cricket doesn't showcase the kind of quality that you would normally see in an English CC match. Look at the list i compiled above - it reads like a virtual who's-who of the cricketing world !

Americans in their homeland = not travellers. American travellers = worst of the bunch based on worldwide perception/opinion.
...you better back this up with statistics or credible facts, otherwise it just sounds like nothing more than a foolish generalisation. :Cry:

Re: Are We All SKCs? Another fact that shows the superiority of CC over Indian cricket : The level and regularity with which they've produced decent Test cricketers. Even in the last 10 years, compare the 'new guns' bought forth by India and England : England has Strauss, Flintoff, Trescothik, Jones, Harmison, Panesar, Pietersen. India has pretty much Harbhajan, Sehwag and a whole heap of no-name flashes-in-the-pan over the same period. The job of an institution is to maintain a standard. Not just produce great players. Great players cannot be held as a benchmark - they are too good to be held back significantly by any system. But look at the # of players who are hardworking performers without much talent but a product of the system (THAT is where the system plays the biggest part - in assisting the not-so-brilliant ones) and its pretty evident that English CC is far better than Indian FC system even today.

Another fact that shows the superiority of CC over Indian cricket : The level and regularity with which they've produced decent Test cricketers. Even in the last 10 years, compare the 'new guns' bought forth by India and England : England has Strauss, Flintoff, Trescothik, Jones, Harmison, Panesar, Pietersen. India has pretty much Harbhajan, Sehwag and a whole heap of no-name flashes-in-the-pan over the same period. The job of an institution is to maintain a standard. Not just produce great players. Great players cannot be held as a benchmark - they are too good to be held back significantly by any system. But look at the # of players who are hardworking performers without much talent but a product of the system (THAT is where the system plays the biggest part - in assisting the not-so-brilliant ones) and its pretty evident that English CC is far better than Indian FC system even today.
still england were ranked lowest in ICC if this rate continues you will see that they will bring 10 more new players after 4 yrs :lmao:

Re: Are We All SKCs? the list you complied...I can see only few established cricketers..rest are either retired or not so established. If you count 11 against 11...you have one good foreign cricketer, couple good English cricketers and rest are piece of $hit. Apart from few games here and there I dont see much competition...I have watched lot of county cricket. The cricket standard was going down..remember that was the reason to launch 20/20... Give same exposure to our domestic cricket...and you will complete turnaround..those foreign cricketers coming to India..