Are We All SKCs?

Dhondy

Re: Are We All SKCs? lowest ? i dont think England are ranked lowest in ICC. Oh and just for the record, i attach far more importance to test cricket than ODIs. So ODIs are laregely out of my discussion unless it is categorically a thread about ODIs or i specify so. The bottomline is that County cricket has produced way more decent performers than Indian FC cricket - which is what the job of domestic cricket is- to help/polish the ones who arnt just born with magical talent.

Re: Are We All SKCs? >Even in the last 10 years, compare the 'new guns' bought forth by India and England : England has Strauss, Flintoff, Trescothik, Jones, Harmison, Panesar, Pietersen. India has pretty much Harbhajan, Sehwag and a whole heap of no-name flashes-in-the-pan over the same period. we did not chip and change like England in last 10 years..Just look up and see how many cricketers they had to introduce...and compare it with India...there is absolutely no place for anybody in Middle Order..Likes of Yuvraj Singh, Rao are not finding place in XI..

Re: Are We All SKCs?

lowest ? i dont think England are ranked lowest in ICC. Oh and just for the record, i attach far more importance to test cricket than ODIs. So ODIs are laregely out of my discussion unless it is categorically a thread about ODIs or i specify so. The bottomline is that County cricket has produced way more decent performers than Indian FC cricket - which is what the job of domestic cricket is- to help/polish the ones who arnt just born with magical talent.
but whats the point...if lehman performs well, will he play for english?

If you count 11 against 11...you have one good foreign cricketer, couple good English cricketers and rest are piece of $hit.
And thats better than the average Indian FC team.
the list you complied...I can see only few established cricketers..rest are either retired or not so established.
None from my list are retired and every single one of them, when fit, walk straight into their English Test lineups.
The cricket standard was going down..remember that was the reason to launch 20/20...
Yes, it is going down and India's standard is going up. But County cricket is going down from a level where it was 95% as good as test cricket and Indian FC cricket is improving from a position where it was 10% as good as test cricket. But overall quality-wise, its still better than Indian FC.

lowest ? i dont think England are ranked lowest in ICC. Oh and just for the record, i attach far more importance to test cricket than ODIs. So ODIs are laregely out of my discussion unless it is categorically a thread about ODIs or i specify so. The bottomline is that County cricket has produced way more decent performers than Indian FC cricket - which is what the job of domestic cricket is- to help/polish the ones who arnt just born with magical talent.
but whats the point...if lehman performs well, will he play for english?
How is that relevant ? we are discussing the level of competence of various FC competitions. Not what the players who play in them end up playing for.

You only mentioned the players comparison... Then why its not relevant... then compare only english players who play there... rest are only to earn money
Regardless of what reason they are there, the bottomline is they are there and they are playing in CC and thus raising the level of CC. A FC vs FC comparison is a straight comparison on team quality, not how many domestic players are in it. If Warwickshire hires Lara, Tendulkar, Pollock and McGrath tomorrow, they will be better than Mumbai. Its just that simple.

Re: Are We All SKCs? >And thats better than the average Indian FC team. how is that better. North Zone team has likes of Sehwag, bhajji, Jadeja, Gambhir, Mongia etc etc and they are against South Zone with likes of Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, SS, Rao, Badri etc etc. I see better competition...than any county game...

Re: Are We All SKCs? The retired players aren't exactly old farts in their 50's; they are still very good players.

If you count 11 against 11...you have one good foreign cricketer' date=' couple good English cricketers and rest are piece of $hit.[/quote'] ...which is still markedly better than what you get in Indian FC cricket - ie; 9 crappy cricketers and 2 international prospects. Go down to the Plate division of the Ranji, and it's 22 sh*tty cricketers facing one another.
The cricket standard was going down..remember that was the reason to launch 20/20...
20/20 was an attempt to increase cricket's flagging POPULARITY - it was not a reflection of the standard of cricket there. Twenty20 essentially was about drawing crowds to the stadiums. Did you watch any 20/20 cricket BTW ? Star Sports covered it, and the games were exciting as hell. Lots of internationals playing; i remember Graeme Smith captained Somerset to a Twenty 20 victory, and Langeveldt was their team's leading fast bowler. It's cricket of a high standard; albeit not anywhere close to internatinal.
Give same exposure to our domestic cricket...and you will complete turnaround..those foreign cricketers coming to India..
I have been crying about this for ages. Remember my post on the PHL ? That is what India needs; a total revamp of the system. The talent is there, but if there is no adequate media exposure or publicity there won't be any incentive for the talented young guys to perform.

North Zone team has likes of Sehwag, bhajji, Jadeja, Gambhir, Mongia etc etc and they are against South Zone with likes of Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, SS, Rao, Badri etc etc.
Because Sehwag, Bhajji, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, play 0.0001% of domestic cricket and are largely only present 'on paper'. The '1-2 international players, 1-2 decent home players per team' etc. in CC are playing mostly day in and day out and a lot more than the 1-2 FC per year like Tendulkar or Dravid for the last god-knows-how-many-years.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Are We All SKCs? Regarding SKC: In post graduate studies in north american universities indian students avoid indian profs like a plague. Reason they more often than not are pain in the a$$ and come with chip on their shoulders. BTW exactly same sample's behaviour towards white students is so starkly different in positive way.

Reason they more often than not are pain in the a$$ and come with chip on their shoulders.
Nah. Its because Indian professors don't fall for BS excuses ( i was sick/got a flat tyre/etc etc) as much as gora professors do. :hic: I avoid Indian professors as a plague too - they never give you an extension on a project or assignment unless someone died.

Guest dada_rocks

Reason they more often than not are pain in the a$$ and come with chip on their shoulders.
Nah. Its because Indian professors don't fall for BS excuses ( i was sick/got a flat tyre/etc etc) as much as gora professors do. :hic: I avoid Indian professors as a plague too - they never give you an extension on a project or assignment unless someone died.
That's not the reason, anyway u will get to know once u will start the post-graduate studies

If anything the yanks would act more snobbish on their home turf
Everyone acts more snobbish on their home turf. Yanks just don't know how to 'turn it off' when they go visit other people. Something you won't realize sitting in America. But i suppose you know how Americans are viewed in the world without even travelling the world. :wall: :wall: