Pulp Fiction - Watta a Fu**** Movie!!

Don

Re: Pulp Fiction - Watta a Fu**** Movie!!

I love the character Marsellus Wallace - especially his chat with Butch (Bruce Willis) at bar - on the day of the fight' date=' you'll feel a slight tinge in your head. its pride fkkin wit'ch you! FKK pride!! he goes on and then finally, you my n!gg@? :)[/quote'] you missed the words that shall ring in eternity: "I m-a get medieval on his ass"

Re: Pulp Fiction - Watta a Fu**** Movie!!

Good films should have a plot at the very least, and Pulp Fiction is just some random, freaky and nonsensical scenes thrown together into a movie.
Thats an overly simplistic criticism Predator.
agreed
Most movies(90% plus I say) are fairly apparent within 15 minutes of watching them.
not agreed. try any film by tarkovsky... say Stalker for a start...
You quite possibly know how it is going to end, right down to the final shot where the hero executes the villain. Movies like Pulp Fiction, well you have to watch till the very last reel to see how it ends and there is a unique beauty to that. You are perhaps hinting at how four(or more) different story lines seem to happen at the same time and sometimes they have a common thread, other times they do not. That kind of story telling was a pathbeaker for Pul Fiction and one reason why it is considered solid gold and won the best movie Oscar.
not correct there. multiple narratives have been there in cinema since the beginning... think Intolerance by DW Griffith. Cross hatched narratives are also quite old... maybe not so in Hollywood though! Try Cine-Roman of the French, the movement spawned by the Nouveau Roman literary movement. Alain Robbe-Grillet, Marguerite Duras, Alain Resnais et al.
Today of course it is not uncommon and you may see many movies copy that, one quick one that comes to mind if Crash(incidentally another Oscar winner). If imitation is sincerest form of flattery then I doubt any movie has invoked more imitation then Pulp Fiction. xxxx
That's very true... PF has been imitated around the world... while the films which inspired PF have not... Which says a lot about how Hollywood and Yankee Culture has colonised our minds...