England names Ashes squad - Monty makes a comeback

Sir john

Where is Vortex? Does he still think that that the English attack is the best in the world right now? I think these bowlers will be slaughtered in Australia. And why did they go for Tremlett? Why not choose Shahzad instead? What do you guys think?
Tremllet is your hit the deck type bowler who,because of his height,can generate steep bounce. I think this feature of his can be useful to break the monotony of their current swing oriented bowling attack. He can be really useful in places like Gabba,where there is always extra bounce and carry for the faster bowlers. And the OP has also mentioned about his fine bowling form recently. But WTF Monty?? I am not sure of his latest form. Has he done anything to be selected?? Anyone? Or are they banking on another Sikh bowler's(read Harbhajan) fine record against Ponting and hoping that he would emulate the same??
Tremllet is your hit the deck type bowler who,because of his height,can generate steep bounce. I think this feature of his can be useful to break the monotony of their current swing oriented bowling attack. He can be really useful in places like Gabba,where there is always extra bounce and carry for the faster bowlers. And the OP has also mentioned about his fine bowling form recently. But WTF Monty?? I am not sure of his latest form. Has he done anything to be selected?? Anyone? Or are they banking on another Sikh bowler's(read Harbhajan) fine record against Ponting and hoping that he would emulate the same??
Monty's the 2nd best spinner in England by a distance - aside from him you're looking at the likes of Tredwell and Michael Yardy who aren't genuine wicket takers. If Swann's injured you'd rather have Monty's flight than their darts