Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

The Khoisan in Africa live in the kalahari' date=' they eat dried berries & nuts, meat is a once-a-year-luxury etc. and yet they are fitter, stronger & far more muscle-bound than your average westerner. .[/quote'] I googled "Khoisan" and found these pics; San-n2honden.jpgkhoisan.jpgkhoisan_main.jpgGods%20must%20be%20craZY.jpg Draw your own conclusions.

guys...answer my simple question ... what do people do with Egg-yellow...??? does it go to dustbin? where can it be used???
it is loaded with cholesterol and fat... dispose of it...

Guest dada_rocks

guys...answer my simple question ... what do people do with Egg-yellow...??? does it go to dustbin? where can it be used???
Kids eat yoke only particularly below 1 year olds

That should tell you right there that whatever you are doing is obviously not working for you. It is a misnomer to think eating less will make you thin..it wont. Eating less will only make your body understand that you will only have 2-3 meals a day and so it will store it as a bodyfat and your basal metabolism will go down. This is why it is recommended to have 4-6 meals a day, with smaller portion every time. Now since you are trying to lose weight you can probably go for 4-5 meals but with less eating portion. By the way Holy if you are intersted let me know a few things about yourself - your height, what you eat and what you do not eat , your daily routine etc - and I can create a sample meal for you. If you are serious that is. *****
Height = 5 feet 8 inches What i eat? OK ill tell u what i eat on a normal day 8 Am.. cup of milk..(sometimes..not everyday), otherwise nothing 1 pm. Footlong sub/burrito/pasta 7 pm. maggi/soup/cereal. Thats all i eat. :duh: Now i should have more time to work out.. weather is good+ semester over...
eat some cereal in the morning and the foot long sub, eat it in two installements with three hours inbetween. when you eat less and eat more periodically, it stimulates your metabolic rate and increases it, thus providing a way of weight loss in itself. moreover, lay of the maggi, too much carbohydrates too late in the day. but i do like that you eat your dinner early. see if you can replace maggi will puligaro (its still carbs but less of them). it just boiled rice from a rice cooker and to this add puligaro (get it from any indian grocery store) in a saucepan with some hot oil and you are ready to go. moreover, i dont see enough roughage on your diet, try eating some rye bread toasts in the morning. drink lots of water and take a multi vitamin tablet. hence in summary: include some toast and cereal in breakfast split the sub into two meals eat less of noodles for dinner drink lots of water take a multivitamin.

Kids eat yoke only particularly below 1 year olds
bache ko mare ga kya??? kaisa dada hai tu?

Used to take Creatine and all that stuff to 'gain muscle'. Did it do its job ? Ofcourse it did. But by 21 i had high uric acid in my blood and my kidneys were starting to tire out from excessive work. I went back to a much more 'natural diet' - uric acid is gone, fitness unaffected, etc etc. People who try to maximise their protien consumption fail to realize that our digestive system and overall health is NOT designed to eat more protien than anything else. Fitness is not just how you look and feel but also inside your own body. Maximising the external looks by killing the internal is what obsessing over protien shakes does.
creatine is not something to mess with bro. if you are taking creatine, you better work out regularly and make sure you drink twice as much more water or you will end up with kidney stones. creatine can help with a lot of things such as osteporosis, high blood pressure and other coronary diseases (though i must say, the research that promotes this has all been presented in fitness magazines so they have their own interests), but you must take it with lots of water. i meants lots. i drink about 64oz of water between breakfast to mid day, most during my commute. remember, if youre taking creatine, you better be drinking enough to piss like the Mississippi or you aint drinking enough water...

Draw your own conclusions.
All of them look fitter than a fiddle..and i am willing to bet they can outrun most of us here in terms of speed AND distance.

creatine is not something to mess with bro. if you are taking creatine, you better work out regularly and make sure you drink twice as much more water or you will end up with kidney stones.
I know bro. But instead of drinking more water to ease the load on my kidneys, i just gave up creatine. As i said, there aint anything unnatural or artificial that my body needs in terms of nutrition. It is designed through millions of years of evolution to draw nutrients from organic foods around us, not designed to drink protien shakes. Our species is supposed to be carb-heavy in diet. Thats our natural makeup- even cavemen ate more fruits/berries and stuff than whacking animals (which is a lot tougher job armed with spears than you think!)

Draw your own conclusions.
All of them look fitter than a fiddle..and i am willing to bet they can outrun most of us here in terms of speed AND distance.
?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Are you f*cking kidding me ? They look MALNOURISHED. and you said they were more muscle-bound than the average westerner ! LOL

They look MALNOURISHED. and you said they were more muscle-bound than the average westerner ! LOL
Are you nuts ? Malnourished ? Them ? Dear God man. The Khoisan spend on average travelling 20Km per day. On foot. On burning hot sand. I am willing to put my bottom dollar that neither you nor I can do what these 'malnourished' Khoisans do on an average day for them. Our 'gym fit' Indian cricket team- hell, even the Aussies 'feel it' just chasing a ball to the boundary ropes in the burning heat of Sharjah. These 'malnourished' doods will look at our 'gym fit' cricketers, laugh and run rings around them in temperatures where the Pontings and Symonds of our 'gym world' start to faint. As i said, healthyness is not muscularity alone, neither is lack of muscularity a sign of weakness or fitness. And yes, they are more muscle-bound than the average westerner. They are more muscle-bound than you or me. If you ever see a Khoisan in person, you will realize a few striking things about their physicality : those little 'malnourished biceps' that you see are rock hard and he can punch you out in a heartbeat because he is so wiry that he is much faster than you. He has literally zero body-fat and just about everything is muscle on bones. The fatass westerner gym guys dont stand a chance fighting a khoisan or outdoing them in just about anything that isnt lifting slabs of iron. The views of the west in terms of looks is so warped that it cannot differentiate between fit-as-a-fiddle nomadic Khoisan, who roams 20Km per day on average on the burning sands of Kalahari and that of a malnourished person. Thanks for proving my point !

Are you nuts ? Malnourished ? Them ? Dear God man. The Khoisan spend on average travelling 20Km per day. On foot. On burning hot sand. I am willing to put my bottom dollar that neither you nor I can do what these 'malnourished' Khoisans do on an average day for them. As i said, healthyness is not muscularity alone, neither is lack of muscularity a sign of weakness or fitness. And yes, they are more muscle-bound than the average westerner. They are more muscle-bound than you or me. If you ever see a Khoisan in person, you will realize a few striking things about their physicality : those little 'malnourished biceps' that you see are rock hard and he can punch you out in a heartbeat because he is so wiry that he is much faster than you. He has literally zero body-fat and just about everything is muscle on bones. The fatass westerner gym guys dont stand a chance fighting a khoisan or outdoing them in just about anything that isnt lifting slabs of iron. The views of the west in terms of looks is so warped that it cannot differentiate between fit-as-a-fiddle nomadic Khoisan, who roams 20Km per day on average on the burning sands of Kalahari and that of a malnourished person. Thanks for proving my point !
oh my god...i can't even respond to that ! This MUST be a wind-up !!! roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Pred they don't look that unfit actually. They look hardened to me. Average yank is over fed which is no better. I am talking about last 2 images. First two could be old members of the clan :lmao:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Dude, these guys look seriously UNDER-FED. They are the ones who run after UN planes dropping food packets. No wonder the life expectancy of people at birth in that particular region (ie; Botswana) is just 33.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! you know predator, back in 1996 i was in the garwhal hills where i saw these dimunitive women carrying this wooden blocks up the mountain side for construction. i had the aurdacity to think that i could repeat the feat... and when i attempted to lift the wooden block, i realized it weighed upwards of a 150 pounds and then carrying it on my back or head uphill along a trail was well beyond me, a well fed, city boy. trust me, those guys in the pictures have lean muscle, toned and firmed by years of regular exercise. if you think muscle volume is everything, know this, if a body builder engaged in a lot of stretching and flexibility exercises right after his workout, he wont pack muscle volume, but still gain strength by gaining a more efficient body. anyways, i think this debate is quite pointless, we have unanimous consensus save for a single imbecile engaging in futile arguments.

Lurks, what i meant to say is if you are fitness motivated and not looks motivated, gyms are not the way to go. You may want the overall solid 'brick sh!thouse' structure or lithe & toned body of a Barishnikov, they all can be done without an eye on the calorie chart.
You are making a generic statement that is definitely not going to work for me. Yes that might have worked 50-100-500 years back but not today. Why will it not? Well because of the lifestyle, simple. When I was growing up I would start my day with 6 ghee waale parathe with some aloo bhujia and a cup of dahi, a typical Bihari diet really. That would have been like 1500 calories right there. I used to have about 3 meals like that everyday with in between tea and seasonal fruits(which Indian doesnt have a mango a day in summer?) Suffice to say my daily calorific intake then was atleast about 5000 calories plus, more than twice of what is recommended. It was twice when i was lot smaller and lighter. So why did I not get fat? Well because I used to be playing the entire day. In the school we played for atleast 45 minutes(2 recess), then had a 45 minutes Physical Education classes everyday. In the evenings there was atleast 2-3 hours of cricket, football you name it. Not to mention hours of flying kites(dont quite think todays kid fly kites anymore..sad). So not only was I not fat I was very fit for my age and the diet went to the right places. Now whats my lifestyle today? Get up in the morning, go to the gym, come back and go to work for 8 hours, come home, cook maybe have some time with friends/family and go to sleep. And while as a kid I would ride my bicycle everywhere, often pedalling 5-10 km one-way, going to market and carry sabzi/bhaji ka jhola, throw water in the gardens etc etc, today I sit in my car go to teh nearby grocery and buy stuff. If I did not watch my calories I would put weight very fast. So your thought that we do not need to watch calories is incorrect. Yes it would have worked 100 years back when people had that hectic lifestyle..heck it would have worked 15 years back when i was a kid...not today. Do you think today a kid can start the day with 6 parathas ghee waale and not get fat? NO. Why? Because there is a greater chance he would come home and sit on computer and play a game than go out and play cricket for hours. xxxx

Not to mention hours of flying kites(dont quite think todays kid fly kites anymore..sad).xxxx
Go to Delhi sometime Lurker. Visit places like Janak Puri, Daryaganj (close to Ferozshah Kotla), or even Gole Market and you will see plenty of kites during this time of the year. Although fewer kids fly kites now, since everyone seems to have a PC and they would much rather sit on their fat @sses and play LAN games all day. Anyway, i am glad to see another kite flying enthusiast on this forum ! Not just the kite-flying but the actual looting of kites was fun too...i remember i would use the "langaar" from the balconies and rooftops of my apartment to snare cut kites. Once during kite season, i didn't buy a single kite for 15th of August...looted about 15 of them in a month. 15th of August is the time i miss living in Delhi...kheech lagetey ho ya dheel ?

Excessive protien consumption is actually bad for you and several of the gym types consume too much protien. How do i know ? i used to do this whole 'gym *****' from 17-21 years of age and i got stretch marks to prove that.
That will depend on the definition of excessive protein CC. Excess of anything is bad. This is where one needs to be aware. See I have always mentioned to have 1-2 gms per pound of bodyweight. In other words if you are a 150 grams lad have 150-300 grams of protein if you are working out. If you are not you can have less. But say you are working out and have 500 grams of protein for a 150 pounds bodyweight of course it will created problems. Just as it shall create problems if you eat a lot of sugars/mithai, you will quickly get diabetis or if you eat a lot of nuts you will get fat. If you have followed my posts you would have also observed that I suggest to have 4-6 meals with veggies like broccoli thrown in. This is for two reasons. Reason 1 this way you can have small portions of protein(if you want to take 150 gms, you can take 25 grms each time). Reason 2 is protein doesnt have any fibre so it doesnt pass through your body. Have fibrous veggies like broccoli and you are eating the amount of protein your body can readily digest as well as giving fibres. The key again is knowing about stuff. When you start driving you learn the rules first, you can not land in accident and then blame the system. Thats not done. Similarly if you want to take in protein read about it and you should be all set. xxx