Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

You guys are welcome Pred & Varun. Predator I couldnt find Myozene on GNC website. Maybe they sell in stores? I did find it in VitaminShoppe website. As per the website you have 4 pounds for about 51$ while on Prosource.net you get it for 43$. Generally speaking VitaminShoppe carries more brands than GNC so if you have one closeby maybe you can drop in? xxx

interesting Lurks... seems like a nice find... though' date=' i take separate amino supps, hence the additive aminos dont interest me.... the only problem with me is, my stomach takes a long time to get used to differnt whey drinks..... i would rather say, i am stuck with ON, though not out of choice.... but it aint too bad...[/quote'] Sorry Gator didnt see this post before. Which seperate Aminos do you take? Do you take the tablet format? I am kinda hoping you arent because they are almost a rip-off. If you are taking free-form powder that would be super. Of course the problem with free-form BCAA powder is that it tastes like mud yuckk. The reason I loved Scivation Xtend is - 1) its free form powdered version. 2) it has the essential BCAA needed during and after workout 3) it has great taste. You can get a small box for about 20 bucks, good for 2 weeks, if you use everyday that is. If you use say 4-5 times a week it would go to about 3 weeks. Give it a shot, it is one of the supplements that has finally worked for me and I intend to stick with this for BCAA's. Coming to Whey supplements, are you Lactose Intolerant? Cos if you are that would explain your tummy issues. Nature's Best ISOPURE is a Lactose Tolerant Whey supplement. I have tried it, is quite good(certainly better than ON), and has zero carbs(so you can mix the dextrose/maltodextrose that you want in your post-workout). Check that out sometime. xxxx

Alright, just got back from the mall. Checked out GNC, Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe - none of them had Myozene ! ...is it just me, or are prices for good supplements becoming more and more exorbitant. The good stuff like Cytogainer and N.O.Xplode are going for $60 a case now !
Two things Predator. Number 1, I stopped buying from these retailers long back. The only time I go their shops is to pick couple of protein bars, else I order everything from internet. You can get a month's supply of supplements for say 100$ which you would otherwise get from these stores for 200$ and then you will have also have to keep track of 1st week 20% off(GNC)..gold card my arse :angry_smile: Secondly why are you wasting time on NO Explode?? It is pure cr@p. If you are looking for a good solid pre-workout NO/Creatine based component try NO Shotgun by VPX or SuperPump 250 by Gaspari Nutrition. These two should be most popular pre-workout supplement right now. NO Explode never took off, even though they raked in Ronney Coleman for that. Unless of course you have had noticeable benefits by NO Explode. By the way NO Explode is going for 34$ at prosource.net. http://www.prosource.net/no-xplode-lemonade/12764-1/12658/ xxxx

Lurker' date=' what is your opinion on Cytogainer ?[/quote'] Predator. Cytogainer is a Cytosport product, the same guys that make MuscleMilk. A good company and so the products in general are good. My question though is how are you using Cytogainer? From the supplement facts of the product I see that a serving of Cytogainer gives you 50 plus grams of protein and 75 grams of Carbs. A good total of 600 calories. Now that in itself is not a bad thing. But only if you do NOT consume the entire serving at one go. Simply because your body wont be able to absorb more than 40 grms of protein at one time and the rest you would, well just pi$$ off. How do you take this product? An ideal way would be to mix one serving, take half of it during the workout and the other half immediately after your workout. This way your body would readily absorb it. But here is a catch. If you are using a NO based product pre-workout make sure you dont take ANY protein within an hour of drinking it or else it will screw both Nitrogen absorption as well as give you tummy bloating issues. Here is a thumb rule. Say you work out at 6 pm: 5:30 pm - Pre-workout drink(No Exploder or whatever) 6:30 pm -7:30 pm Workout time(Sip half a serving of Cytogainer) 7:30 pm Workout finished, devour the half serving of Cytogainer immediately. xxxx

Sorry Gator didnt see this post before. Which seperate Aminos do you take? Do you take the tablet format? I am kinda hoping you arent because they are almost a rip-off. If you are taking free-form powder that would be super. Of course the problem with free-form BCAA powder is that it tastes like mud yuckk. The reason I loved Scivation Xtend is - 1) its free form powdered version. 2) it has the essential BCAA needed during and after workout 3) it has great taste. You can get a small box for about 20 bucks, good for 2 weeks, if you use everyday that is. If you use say 4-5 times a week it would go to about 3 weeks. Give it a shot, it is one of the supplements that has finally worked for me and I intend to stick with this for BCAA's. Coming to Whey supplements, are you Lactose Intolerant? Cos if you are that would explain your tummy issues. Nature's Best ISOPURE is a Lactose Tolerant Whey supplement. I have tried it, is quite good(certainly better than ON), and has zero carbs(so you can mix the dextrose/maltodextrose that you want in your post-workout). Check that out sometime. xxxx
Lurks... i do use the Xtend... though, i have also used the 2222 softgels...i found them pretty good too.... as far as lactose intolerance, lurks... i had mentioned in an earlier thread, my stomach cant take more than a cup of milk in the states... but no problem, in europe or india.... but even isopure, i get excess bloating and all tht bad stuff... apart from tht, i didnt quite like the taste of isopure.... muscle milk taste is prolly one of the best, but it has too many calories....

Lurks... i do use the Xtend... though, i have also used the 2222 softgels...i found them pretty good too.... as far as lactose intolerance, lurks... i had mentioned in an earlier thread, my stomach cant take more than a cup of milk in the states... but no problem, in europe or india.... but even isopure, i get excess bloating and all tht bad stuff... apart from tht, i didnt quite like the taste of isopure.... muscle milk taste is prolly one of the best, but it has too many calories....
Gator. MuscleMilk is the best tasting protein out there but there are two issues with MM. The first of course is the large amount of calories coming from fat peptides(even though MM advertises it as the fat that helps in burning fat!) and secondly that it is Casein/Micellar Casein protein blend. Now post-workout Whey is the best and so MM may not be the best supplement that way. If you dont mind using MM then maybe you can try the blended proteins. You know the proteins with Whey/Casein/Egg/Soy/Proteins. Whey is infamous for stomach issues but blended proteins dont suffer from it. One good blended protein that you may want to try is VPX Zero Impact. Try the Graham cracker flavour, it is perhaps as good(in my opinion better) than MM and doesnt suffer from the xtra fat. xxxx

Predator. Cytogainer is a Cytosport product, the same guys that make MuscleMilk. A good company and so the products in general are good. My question though is how are you using Cytogainer? From the supplement facts of the product I see that a serving of Cytogainer gives you 50 plus grams of protein and 75 grams of Carbs. A good total of 600 calories. Now that in itself is not a bad thing. But only if you do NOT consume the entire serving at one go. Simply because your body wont be able to absorb more than 40 grms of protein at one time and the rest you would, well just pi$$ off. How do you take this product? An ideal way would be to mix one serving, take half of it during the workout and the other half immediately after your workout. This way your body would readily absorb it. But here is a catch. If you are using a NO based product pre-workout make sure you dont take ANY protein within an hour of drinking it or else it will screw both Nitrogen absorption as well as give you tummy bloating issues. Here is a thumb rule. Say you work out at 6 pm: 5:30 pm - Pre-workout drink(No Exploder or whatever) 6:30 pm -7:30 pm Workout time(Sip half a serving of Cytogainer) 7:30 pm Workout finished, devour the half serving of Cytogainer immediately. xxxx
Lurker, i don't use CG anymore but a year ago i used it 3 times a day. I was talking about supplements with a few people the other day and they all agreed that it's the best supplement for those people interested in adding good weight onto their frame. I was just wondering whether you are of the same opinion or not...

Lurker baba' date=' Subway ka chicken breast kha kha ke thak gaya. 11 pounds lost.. brilliant.. face looks much thinner now. But give me something else to eat.. cant eat subway all the time.. now i feel like puking whenever i see a sub...[/quote'] Good going Holy! Great to hear that you lost 11 pounds man. 11 pounds!!! That must be like 1 pant size. Now if you EVER gain those 11 pounds again I would make sure I make you eat Subway Chicken Breast sandwitch for an entire year. Alright coming to your question now. A few other recommendation that you can try: 1) Quizno's --- > Chicken Mesquite Sandwitch. (It is grilled chicken dipped in mesquite sauce. Have it on wheat bread and instead of 2 slice of cheese, have just one hehehe. Just make sure it doesnt have bacon in it, sometimes they sprinkle bacon bits, ask them not to.) 2) Samurai Sam ---- > Chicken bowl (A bowl of chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies..have teriyaki sauce on the side..and go easy on it) 3) Subway - Chicken Teriyaki (Similar to chicken breast except with teriyaki sauce) 4) Blimpie --- > Chicken sandwitch on wheat. Just a few suggestions on top of my head. Basically here is what you should have in mind: 1) Have wheat/honey-oat bread instead of white(whick rules out Burger King, McD et all). 2) have grilled chicken instead of breaded/fried kind 3) Limit the amount of cheese & sauce 4) Get some veggies so it will leave you full. Any sandwitch place that gives you wheat bread option with grilled chicken should do the trick. Let me know if you need any more info..and good job man 11 pounds..woohoo!! xxx

Good going Holy! Great to hear that you lost 11 pounds man. 11 pounds!!! That must be like 1 pant size. Now if you EVER gain those 11 pounds again I would make sure I make you eat Subway Chicken Breast sandwitch for an entire year. Alright coming to your question now. A few other recommendation that you can try: 1) Quizno's --- > Chicken Mesquite Sandwitch. (It is grilled chicken dipped in mesquite sauce. Have it on wheat bread and instead of 2 slice of cheese, have just one hehehe. Just make sure it doesnt have bacon in it, sometimes they sprinkle bacon bits, ask them not to.) 2) Samurai Sam ---- > Chicken bowl (A bowl of chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies..have teriyaki sauce on the side..and go easy on it) 3) Subway - Chicken Teriyaki (Similar to chicken breast except with teriyaki sauce) 4) Blimpie --- > Chicken sandwitch on wheat. Just a few suggestions on top of my head. Basically here is what you should have in mind: 1) Have wheat/honey-oat bread instead of white(whick rules out Burger King, McD et all). 2) have grilled chicken instead of breaded/fried kind 3) Limit the amount of cheese & sauce 4) Get some veggies so it will leave you full. Any sandwitch place that gives you wheat bread option with grilled chicken should do the trick. Let me know if you need any more info..and good job man 11 pounds..woohoo!! xxx
Dude, I live in a small town in the Midwest, in the middle of the cornfields. I dont have a Quizno's here. Ive never heard of Samurai Sam either. Have 1 Blimpie's here, but its far(at the mall), and I dont have no car. No use going to the mall(35 mins 1 way by bus) just for a meal. So we basically have just 1 street in the whole town where all the restaurants are located. Here are some of the places .. mexican - 2 places. Chipotle and Qdoba. Indian - 1 place.. but very very heavy food, so dont go there often Italian.. 2 places that serve pasta.. otherwise must be atleast 10 pizza joints chinese - lots.. but i just go to a 2-3 of em.. others are gross, what with eel and stuff... Subs.. 2 places.. subway and jimmy johns Thai- 1 Place. Other places are all the burger and steak joints, gyros and stuff, which i never go to. no McD's, no BK, none of that bs I dont eat out often.. mostly I used to eat frozen stuff, like buffalo chicken, with some soup or something similar. Oh, and maggi. :teeth_smile:, and all other various kinds of noodles. Nowadays dont eat the MTR food packets and stuff too.. sick of it :thumbs_down: I'm still eating subway.. I try new stuff everyday.. trying all different permutations and combinations of vegetables.. :hysterical: Along witht that.. I put masala's on the sub.. sometimes i put chilly powder, sometimes chaat masala, sometimes truckloadss of oregano, sometimes lots of black pepper, etc etc :haha: Today i put methi masala on my sub :thumbs_up:

Dude, I live in a small town in the Midwest, in the middle of the cornfields. I dont have a Quizno's here. Ive never heard of Samurai Sam either. Have 1 Blimpie's here, but its far(at the mall), and I dont have no car. No use going to the mall(35 mins 1 way by bus) just for a meal. So we basically have just 1 street in the whole town where all the restaurants are located. Here are some of the places .. mexican - 2 places. Chipotle and Qdoba. Indian - 1 place.. but very very heavy food, so dont go there often Italian.. 2 places that serve pasta.. otherwise must be atleast 10 pizza joints chinese - lots.. but i just go to a 2-3 of em.. others are gross, what with eel and stuff... Subs.. 2 places.. subway and jimmy johns Thai- 1 Place. Other places are all the burger and steak joints, gyros and stuff, which i never go to. no McD's, no BK, none of that bs I dont eat out often.. mostly I used to eat frozen stuff, like buffalo chicken, with some soup or something similar. Oh, and maggi. :teeth_smile:, and all other various kinds of noodles. Nowadays dont eat the MTR food packets and stuff too.. sick of it :thumbs_down: I'm still eating subway.. I try new stuff everyday.. trying all different permutations and combinations of vegetables.. :hysterical: Along witht that.. I put masala's on the sub.. sometimes i put chilly powder, sometimes chaat masala, sometimes truckloadss of oregano, sometimes lots of black pepper, etc etc :haha: Today i put methi masala on my sub :thumbs_up:
Okay Holy a few no-no shops for you - Indian, Chinese and Italian. I know thats pretty much half of the shops but you know it as much as I do that Indian hotels in USA are some of the worst for health, same with Chinese(too much oil) and Italian is a lot of carbs and very little protein. I see that you have Chipotle. Yeh Chipotle is the following o right...? http://www.chipotle.com/ I personally like Chipotle. Regular chicken burrito is a good lunch option. It has chicken, choice of bean, rice, salsa, guacamole wrapped in flour toortilla. The only think I want you to watch for is not too much rice, as it is white rice, and unless you really want it, dont let them sprinkle cheese on it. My personal favorite is Burrito Bowl. This is basically chicken currito but there are no tortilla(so you can cut carbs). I generally ask them to give me half of the rice they usually give and sometimes will ask for extra helping of chicken(costs you about a buck and a half extra), loaded with beans, lettuce, salsa, corn etc. Quite good and healthy. So atleast Chioptle will have a few good/healthy options for you. You can also eat at other chain of restaurants provided: 1) They give grilled, and not breaded/fried, chicken. 2) They use wheat bread and not white. 3) You can ask them to go easy on cheese/mayo etc. I see that you consume Maggi and MTR. Stop. Yes stop. Well MTR you have already so not much point there, but here is something I want you to know...really know. Any pre-made food, be it Campbell soup or MTR paratha, is loaded with Sodium. You can check the label and see how a couple of parathas have almost your entire day of sodium content. Which does two things - 1) It gets your blood pulse racing leading to health issues. 2) It seeks water, leaving you with holding extra water -also known as water retention. This would mean that you would have an extra 5-10 pounds simply because you carry extra water. Not to mention that such food are never nutritious. Maggi is probably as bad, if not worse. The carbs used in it are fast-burnt. In other words you can have two of Maggi and feel hungry within an hour. I would say dont consume more than 2 packs of Maggi in a week, and never as a full meal. A good idea would be to prepare Maggi and then fry it with onions, green chilly, tomato and 3-4 egg whites(not whole egg). This would be a more complete meal. Also at home, or at work if you can, try to increase your fibre content. Go heavy on boiled veggies like Broccoli. They will keep you full for long and also extra enegry is used in burning them by the body. Hope that helps. Buzz me if you need more info. :thumbs_up: xxxx

Lurker on a roll.
Hehehe. Holy is the one on the roll here Yoda. 11 pound he has lost already..:omg_smile: Holy how about taking some before and after picture? :wink_smile: Not now obviously but how about at the end of this year, give yourself 6 months of discipline and control and we all here, specially Gator, Pred, Varun and moi shall kick your butt if you falter.. Aie..kya bolti tu?

Lurks... we r pretty similar... even i go for the burrito bowl, to cut tht useless tortilla carbs out... the grilled chicken in chipotle is the bomb for 5-6 bucks... in my local joint, they double-meat for an extra buck and half.... i will give people who live in small villages in US a simpler idea.... go to the local grocery store... get a full rotisserie chicken... they make it fresh everyday.. bring it home... cut it into pieces... put them into foil, dark meat and white meat separately, or drumsticks, wings or however u wanna split them.... refrigerate them.... now, all u need to do is, stir fry with onion, tomatoes along with those pieces and some spices... u can have with rice or roti.... very healthy and cheap....