Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

regarding milk' date=' humans are probably the only species that drink another species' milk. seems quite unnatural. i am not a big fan of it, but need it for my early morning and evening coffee. and yes yoghurt/butter milk is part of my diet as well.[/quote'] That's because we have access to other species milk. In fact , it's proven fact that other species are also capable of this. For example , sheep can drink goat's milk and vice versa. Incidentally , this is prevalent in domesticated animals in the zoo. For example , piglet taking cow's milk . Keep in mind that Liger or Tigon are cross breed between tigers and lions and the young ones take milk from mother of these species which could be lion or tiger.
In domesticated breeding situations all kinds of unnatural things happen. Have you seen or heard of one species going after another species' milk in the wild in a natural setting? Yes, they have access as well.

The amount of meat especially beef consumed in north and south america is obscene. They make middle eastern folks sound like vegetarians.
Not our fault that American (and even Latin American, esp. Argentinian)beef tastes so damn good.

Humans have been living off meat since the days of hunters and gatherers.
Humans have been consuming vegan diets a lot longer before they started eating meat. You forget, before hunter-gatherer stage, we were fruit/sabzee pickers. That didn't exactly stop once man learnt how to burn meat on fire ya know. As per plight of animals- tbh, the reason for taking that choice is simple- simply because we can. Thats what differntiates us from lions. But its not that huge on my agenda primarily because i love the taste of meat too much. For the best diet, i think its clinically proven that the best diet is of those who eat ovo-lacto-vegitarian diets. Ie, no meats but meat product such as milk/butter/eggs are okay. The common argument made in favour of meat-eating from my understanding is that its the best source of some protiens and Vitamin Bs. True, its the most 'convinient' source but most 'pro-meat' people come from a western diet mindset and lets face it, the western diet knows squat about eating veggies. They got nowhere the variety of veggie dishes and veggie types in their cuisine, half the time 'veggies' in western food is potato, corn & beans. If you compare veggie diet as in desi Veggie diet, it covers all nutrition range. The common argument against eating meat is that even though its a very 'easy' source of protien & vitamins ( ie, if you wanted to replace the one chicken leg in your plate with equal amounts of vitamin/protien from veggies, you'd need 3-4 different veggies), its not worth it in the long term due to cholesterol, free radicals and rogue protiens that meat consumption causes. Sure, meat-eating kids might get a head-start but its proven that people in their 40s and above age group that are the fittest on average are the ovo-lacto vegitarians. Fitness as in terms of stamina, muscle tone, cholesterol level, reflexes, etc etc.

regarding milk' date=' humans are probably the only species that drink another species' milk. seems quite unnatural. i am not a big fan of it, but need it for my early morning and evening coffee. and yes yoghurt/butter milk is part of my diet as well.[/quote'] That's because we have access to other species milk. In fact , it's proven fact that other species are also capable of this. For example , sheep can drink goat's milk and vice versa. Incidentally , this is prevalent in domesticated animals in the zoo. For example , piglet taking cow's milk . Keep in mind that Liger or Tigon are cross breed between tigers and lions and the young ones take milk from mother of these species which could be lion or tiger.
In domesticated breeding situations all kinds of unnatural things happen. Have you seen or heard of one species going after another species' milk in the wild in a natural setting? Yes, they have access as well.
I have never seen other adults of any other species take milk in the first place. The answer to your question is "No". But it is possible for certain herbivorous species to provide milk to orphaned young of other species. I wouldn't be too surprised if a piglet was raised by a buffalo .

Vegetarians should stop eating plants. Plants are a form of life' date=' another one of god's wonderful creations and thus, they don't deserve to suffer the cruelty of being cut and trimmed the way they do. Fight for the existence of plants worldwide ![/quote'] So nuts and fruits are the only moral route left ? What about plucking a fruit from the tree ? does that 'hurt' the tree ? should we just grab our plates and stand under the apple tree for the apple to fall ? Wow...deep questions you stir ! :hic:

Evolved with respect to cerebral capacity' date=' but i really can't understand why that should influence a person's choice to eat meat. Humans have been living off meat since the days of hunters and gatherers. Domesticated animals serve no other purpose than to be consumed.[/quote'] Because it's very cruel the way animal are treated for meat farming. Plus meat is not healthy the way meat industry would like you to believe. http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/ChewOnThisUK/ http://www.juiceguy.com/Meat-toxic-substance-hard-to-digest.shtml

True, its the most 'convinient' source but most 'pro-meat' people come from a western diet mindset and lets face it, the western diet knows squat about eating veggies. They got nowhere the variety of veggie dishes and veggie types in their cuisine, half the time 'veggies' in western food is potato, corn & beans. If you compare veggie diet as in desi Veggie diet, it covers all nutrition range. Sure, meat-eating kids might get a head-start but its proven that people in their 40s and above age group that are the fittest on average are the ovo-lacto vegitarians. Fitness as in terms of stamina, muscle tone, cholesterol level, reflexes, etc etc.
Yes, and this obviously explains why bhejjietarian Indians are the fittest, strongest people on the planet and those stupid Westerners are markedly unhealthy and weaker by comparison.

Yes, and this obviously explains why bhejjietarian Indians are the fittest, strongest people on the planet and those stupid Westerners are markedly unhealthy and weaker by comparison.
Dude, this is because of poverty. Which is the biggest facking influencing factor in diets. The average westerner eats dozens of different kind of food every week, the average Indian can only afford three kinds of sabzee, some spices ( super-expensive in India, i hope you realize that. 1000Rs for 100g garam masala) and rice for the most part. I am talking about comparing the diets once the economic factors are taken into consideration. And yes, if you look at people following good dietary discipline in India are often healthier than their western counterparts later in life. Ofcourse India has pollution problems like crazy so your lungs will kill you by the time you are 50 anyways.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Dude, India has a BURGEONING middle class population. Not everyone is poor, and many can afford to have a very satisfactory living. Besides, I am going by the Indians i see here in the US. The economic factors don't apply in either case, but my previous point still holds true. You can rubbish all justification for eating meat 'til you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that people who consume meats are markedly superior to cabbage-heads in terms of physical prowess and overall fitness

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! This is going offtopic. But a simple answer is already there who think they've asked the ultimate question of why eat plants since they have life too. The idea imo is doing the least damage since we can't live off dirt alone. And who could argue with the statement "they (plants) don't scream so much". Also just because animals are on the food chain doesn't mean treating them in the worst possible way, or keeping/killing them without any shred of dignity and without caring for any unnecessary pain.

You can rubbish all justification for eating meat 'til you are blue in the face' date=' but it doesn't change the fact that people who consume meats are markedly superior to cabbage-heads in terms of physical prowess and overall fitness[/quote']Load of BS

You can rubbish all justification for eating meat 'til you are blue in the face' date=' but it doesn't change the fact that people who consume meats are markedly superior to cabbage-heads in terms of physical prowess and overall fitness[/quote'] There are probably more obese, unfit and heart-attack prone meat eaters than vegetarians in the US. No wonder physicians and dieticians ask folks to cut down on red meat and increase vegetable and fruit consumption.

There are probably more obese, unfit and heart-attack prone meat eaters than vegetarians in the US. No wonder physicians and dieticians ask folks to cut down on red meat and increase vegetable and fruit consumption.
Too much of something is never good, but the argument here is that lacto-ovo vegetarians tend to be fitter than those who incorporate meats in their diet. All I am saying is that this isn't true at all.

First of all I have already demonstrated to you that a balanced vegetarian diet will make you as strong as a meat eater (remember the vegan body builders?). Indians are genetically shorter in height to westerners plus the vegetarians in India that you are referring to DO NOT eat a balanced vegetarian diet. Btw Americans are hardly super fit. Ever heard of rising obesity in USA?

Although i do agree that not all slaughterhouses follow proper procedure during the killing of animals. This is changing though
It's not actually. Yeah on paper maybe.

Besides, I am going by the Indians i see here in the US.
Don't. Its junk food zone and very little variety zone. You will be surprized but you'll be lucky to find more than 1 in 10 Indians who eat Karela, Baingan, Parwal, 2 kinds of spinach, 3 kinds of gourds, bitter melons, etc. on a weekly basis. People have bad practice in their diet. How is that the fault of the diet.
You can rubbish all justification for eating meat 'til you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that people who consume meats are markedly superior to cabbage-heads in terms of physical prowess and overall fitness
And i am telling you that it is precisely the opposite. People who are ovo-lacto vegitarians are the fittest, most virile, quickest in reflex and longest in stamina in the 40+ zone over any other food 'schools'. They also have significantly less heart, stroke, liver & bowel cancer related incidents. Interestingly, amongst meat-eating diets, the vietnamese came out to be the fittest naturally ( by medical criterias, not arbitary criterias like looking buff or bench pressing 300 lb) and they are amongst the lowest per head meat eaters. Ie, amount of meat eaten per person in Vietnamese cuisine is amongst the lowest ( eg: think about how much meat is in your Pho soup..not much really!)

First of all I have already demonstrated to you that a balanced vegetarian diet will make you as strong as a meat eater (remember the vegan body builders?). Indians are genetically shorter in height to westerners plus the vegetarians in India that you are referring to DO NOT eat a balanced vegetarian diet. Btw Americans are hardly super fit. Ever heard of rising obesity in USA?
No you didn't. Lurker and i posed that question in the Fitness Thread and you never responded. Americans are the fittest people you will ever see. Sure, we have our share of fat b@stards - but obesity in other parts of the world, especially Europe isn't exactly low either. The UK for example has experienced a mcuh higher growth in obesity over the last 2 years than the US. Almost every kid here grows up playing a sport, and Americans are generally the most health-conscious individuals. Every food product in the US has nutrional data on the back outlining what it contains, and it's all goes through numerous quality control tests before it reaches the shelves of the supermarkets. Judge the US by the majority of it's population. It's no coincidence that American athletes are the best in the world; lifestyle has a lot to do with it.
Interestingly, amongst meat-eating diets, the vietnamese came out to be the fittest naturally ( by medical criterias, not arbitary criterias like looking buff or bench pressing 300 lb) and they are amongst the lowest per head meat eaters. Ie, amount of meat eaten per person in Vietnamese cuisine is amongst the lowest ( eg: think about how much meat is in your Pho soup..not much really!)
This is rubbish. I've been to many Vietnamese restaurants in my lifetime (i like the food) and they eat a predominantly non-vegetarian diet. Frogs legs and fish for appetizers, dog meat. Pho is commonly served with beef and pork too BTW. If you have ever been to a proper Viet restaurant, you will see people using "steamboats" on the table; and guess what goes in there ? Meat. meat and more meat. Google "thit bo" and "thit cho" - that is the common Vietnamese cuisine served in restaurants and eateries. Viets and south east asians in general, eat anything which has a pulse.

This is rubbish. I've been to many Vietnamese restaurants in my lifetime (i like the food) and they eat a predominantly non-vegetarian diet
Umm..dude...home food != resturant food. Comprende ? Do you think the average Indian family eats like an average Indian restaurant or the average chinese family eats chow mein and fried rice ? And notice i said that Viets are meat-eaters. Yes, they are regular meat eaters but not nearly close to the Europeans/western diet by volume. Your 'thit bo' or 'pho soup' stuff doesnt have a third as much meat as a full chicken breast. What kind of a comparison is that ? Oh and if you have a problem with this fact (that ovo-lacto vegitarians have the best average health in the 40+ age group), hang on, sometime this weekend i will try to locate the article. It was done in a Harvard controlled study of over 5000 people from what i can remember..sometime in 2002 or so. Lemme see if i can find it again.