Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

That is just CRAZY! If i ate 8 eggwhites + 2 slices of wheat bread + OJ in the morning, i probably wouldnt get hungry before 3 PM. :doh:
You are mistaken Holy. That diet is not only something that I have. I am not sure if you have followed this thread but here is what few others have written
Morning: 5-6 egg whites, or half a carton of egg whites scrambled 2 slices of plain bread 1 (rather large) glass of soya milk
around 7 AM - oats/cracked wheat, 6 egg whites for brekfast.... 1 oneaday for men multivitamin
Mine is not very different from those, are they?
I eat half of what u guys eat, maybe even 1/3rd And still I'm overweight.
That should tell you right there that whatever you are doing is obviously not working for you. It is a misnomer to think eating less will make you thin..it wont. Eating less will only make your body understand that you will only have 2-3 meals a day and so it will store it as a bodyfat and your basal metabolism will go down. This is why it is recommended to have 4-6 meals a day, with smaller portion every time. Now since you are trying to lose weight you can probably go for 4-5 meals but with less eating portion. By the way Holy if you are intersted let me know a few things about yourself - your height, what you eat and what you do not eat , your daily routine etc - and I can create a sample meal for you. If you are serious that is. xxx

Nobody needs 190 grams of protein every day!
Mind you these could be non body building type...anyway I thought I would let you know.
GKD, That is a wrong statement. I would probably say people do not know what they are talking of. By most accounts a person should take a minimum of 1-2 gms of protein perr pound of his bodyweight. Since I am 190 pounds I should intake 190-380 gms of protein a day, I only gave the lower statement. Now bear in mind I workout a bit, so my protein intake would be more than most. You should be able to look that up on web quite easily. Here is a quick one
Too Much Protein? By: Randy Herring Question: I have read one of your articles on Bodybuilding.Com and in it you said you take in about 300 grams of protein per day. I was wandering if this is too much daily protein. I read an article on WebMD, which stated approximately .36 grams of protein per pound of body weight is enough. I weigh 200 pounds, so my intake should be around 70 grams of protein per day. You're taking 300 grams per day. Several doctors told me too much protein is a bad thing. The liver cannot break down that much protein daily, which can ultimately lead to liver failure. I was wondering what your thoughts on this issue were. A: t 200 pounds 70 grams of protein would get you by to maintain your health but is "not realistic," not even for my scrawny 8-year old son! I have heard the same about protein and the liver and kidneys.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy11.htm Look up on any serious site that deals specifically with workouts and bodybuilding and you will get the pros tell you to take a minimum of 1 gm protein per lbs. Of course it is dependent on a person as well. If you are happy with 0.25 gm protein per lbs then all powers to you but I personally have had good results by 1 gm standard and I am sticking by it. xxxx

Lurker' date=' by the way, your menu is anything but Indian.[/quote'] How so? Check my comments after every meal. Morning 7:30 am Egg whites(6-8) Cup of Oatmeal OR 2 slice of wheat bread Glass of Orange Juice (*** nothing non-Indian here) Mid morning meal 10:30 Casein Protein Shake with Flaxseed (in India I would get the shake but otherwise just have a cup of milk/yogurt with nuts) Noon 1:00 pm Brown rice with chicken curry(I prepare myself with oil spray) Steamed vegetable. (No problems in India, if I dont get veggies I take salad) Mid evening snack 4:00 pm Casein Shake with Nuts (in India I would get the shake but otherwise just have a cup of milk/yogurt with nuts) Evening meal 7:30 pm Chicken with two cups of broccoli Cup of low-fat yogurt with half a boiled potato in it. (nothing non-Indian here) xxxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! All this diet, calories, etc. are crap in my mind. Humanity didnt need such benchmarks for fitness even just until 50 years ago and it should be so. Eat normal, play normal and work normal- and you will be fit. That is my policy.

guys...answer my simple question ... what do people do with Egg-yellow...??? does it go to dustbin? where can it be used???
Rub it on your face and you will never age again :hic: :lmao: Or you can rub it on your nut sack and it will act as an aphrodisiac :lmao:

Or you can rub it on your nut sack and it will act as an aphrodisiac
i dunno about you but the gooey sticky sensation as my nuts meets my underwear will never ever work as an aphrodisiac for me. :hic:

All this diet, calories, etc. are ***** in my mind. Humanity didnt need such benchmarks for fitness even just until 50 years ago and it should be so. Eat normal, play normal and work normal- and you will be fit. That is my policy.
I personally do not believe in that policy. My stance is that half of a man(or woman's) problem is due to his diet and lifestyle. If one monitors his/her diet closely, exercises regularly he would be in a good shape. I would much rather be the guy who wakes up at 5 am, watches what he diets, watches his calories and protiens, sleeps well and has a good overall physique. A lot of people do not do that but in my own experience that is more due to lazyness or ignorance on their part(a generalization of course and like all generalisation it is not always true). It takes a lot of discipline to make sure you do not eat crap(specially for someone like me who loves his food) and often survives on egg whites and chicken breast which are not exactly the most tasty things. Then again thats what I choose to do and hey it works for me. Whatever works for you. xxxx

guys...answer my simple question ... what do people do with Egg-yellow...??? does it go to dustbin? where can it be used???
GIB. Egg-yellow are supposed to be heavy in cholestrol. I say "supposed" to be since the jury is still out on this one. But by most accounts you can have atleast 2 whole eggs(including yellow portion). If you want to eat more eggs the yellow part is thrown away, be it in the sink of dustbin. Whatever you do do not break the egg and drink it raw like Rocky movies. Sure shot method to catch a few diseases. :doh: xxx

If one monitors his/her diet closely, exercises regularly he would be in a good shape.
I completely agree. What i meant is, i am not sold on this 'calorific quantification' of diet. Eating healthy without one's eyes glued to the calorie chart is the way to go i think. Until 50 years ago, we didnt have calorific quantification of food. When it comes to eating healthy, exercising and being in very good shape, we have ayurveda traditions as well as several marshall arts tradition. Fitness and being in good shape to me is not the 'gym body' idea. I'd much rather be Bruce Lee from 'fists of fury' ( his pre-weight days) physically than Rambo. This obsession about muscle mass, fat content, etc etc. is not fitness motivated- its looks motivated. For i've never seen a gym guy match the fitness of a developed martial arts trainee in just about every possible criteria except lifting weights. Stamina, agility, dextirity, flexibility & balanced figure are all found through means other than 'calorific and free weights obsession of the western world'.

2) Is this diet something that you can try and follow by yourself? Whole grain crackers with peanut butter? Steamed collared greens? Tofu with brown rice etc etc. This meal would not even be followed by 1% of Indian diaspora, be they in India or outside. Agree or disagree?
Casein Protein with nuts? Brocolli? Boiled vegetables? Lurker, tell me what % of the Indian diaspora, in India or outside follow your diet or will be willing to follow your diet.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Although I fully understand where Lurker is coming from but I think CC has a point when it comes to looks oriented bulking up compared to real fitness. For example I rate this kind of body http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/soccerox12/cristiano_ronaldo.jpg MORE than this kind of body- http://www.kopykake.com/images/bodybuilder72dpi.jpg We all know that the first kind is highly polished and full of stamina. The second type is useless for me personally. The thing is that even looks wise girls prefer the first type in most cases.

That should tell you right there that whatever you are doing is obviously not working for you. It is a misnomer to think eating less will make you thin..it wont. Eating less will only make your body understand that you will only have 2-3 meals a day and so it will store it as a bodyfat and your basal metabolism will go down. This is why it is recommended to have 4-6 meals a day, with smaller portion every time. Now since you are trying to lose weight you can probably go for 4-5 meals but with less eating portion. By the way Holy if you are intersted let me know a few things about yourself - your height, what you eat and what you do not eat , your daily routine etc - and I can create a sample meal for you. If you are serious that is. *****
Height = 5 feet 8 inches What i eat? OK ill tell u what i eat on a normal day 8 Am.. cup of milk..(sometimes..not everyday), otherwise nothing 1 pm. Footlong sub/burrito/pasta 7 pm. maggi/soup/cereal. Thats all i eat. :duh: Now i should have more time to work out.. weather is good+ semester over...

Casein Protein with nuts? Brocolli? Boiled vegetables? Lurker, tell me what % of the Indian diaspora, in India or outside follow your diet or will be willing to follow your diet.
You will be surprised as to how many Indians enjoy Protein shakes. Within this thread only I have had many other Indians suggest that they take Protein Shakes one way or the other. Also I have clearly mentioned that if I do not have Casein Protein(which is nothing but solidfied milk protein by the way) I can easily substitute it with milk/yogurt. Nuts should not be an issue, whether in India or abroad. Boiled vegetable/broccoli can be made in India. Then again if you can not go for the Indian salad. I have mentioned that as well. xxx

Until 50 years ago, we didnt have calorific quantification of food. When it comes to eating healthy, exercising and being in very good shape, we have ayurveda traditions as well as several marshall arts tradition. Fitness and being in good shape to me is not the 'gym body' idea. I'd much rather be Bruce Lee from 'fists of fury' ( his pre-weight days) physically than Rambo.
See this is a difference of opinion then. You would much rather be like Bruce Lee. All powers to you but I wouldnt want to be. I just wouldnt. He was too skinny for my taste. of course he had great stamina, very powerful(pound for pound) etc but thats just not what I am looking for. To give you an analogy I would much rather be like a Sanjay Dutt or a Sunny Deol than a Salman Khan. The formers are big, strong guys with prominent muscles while latter has six pack. This is just the difference in aspirations, me and Predator tend to talk a lot about fitness but his goals are very different to mine. He wants more cuts and lines, I want more solid structure with bulk(and no fats obviously). xxxx

Height = 5 feet 8 inches What i eat? OK ill tell u what i eat on a normal day 8 Am.. cup of milk..(sometimes..not everyday), otherwise nothing 1 pm. Footlong sub/burrito/pasta 7 pm. maggi/soup/cereal. Thats all i eat. :duh: Now i should have more time to work out.. weather is good+ semester over...
Holy re. EK mahina man laga ke diet and exrecise karega? Agar serious hai to bol I will make you a routine. Nothing fancy but one you can follow. The key is self-discipline, aisa nahin ke main routine banaoon and you dont follow. So bol kya kahta hai. By the way do you take eggs?

Holy re. EK mahina man laga ke diet and exrecise karega? Agar serious hai to bol I will make you a routine. Nothing fancy but one you can follow. The key is self-discipline, aisa nahin ke main routine banaoon and you dont follow. So bol kya kahta hai. By the way do you take eggs?
I will try.I eat eggs/meat. I am gonna be shifting/working for the next two months.. but will try for sure :wtg: Abhi i was trying this.. http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/006836.html

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Lurks, what i meant to say is if you are fitness motivated and not looks motivated, gyms are not the way to go. You may want the overall solid 'brick sh!thouse' structure or lithe & toned body of a Barishnikov, they all can be done without an eye on the calorie chart. Excessive protien consumption is actually bad for you and several of the gym types consume too much protien. How do i know ? i used to do this whole 'gym shyte' from 17-21 years of age and i got stretch marks to prove that. :hic: Used to take Creatine and all that stuff to 'gain muscle'. Did it do its job ? Ofcourse it did. But by 21 i had high uric acid in my blood and my kidneys were starting to tire out from excessive work. I went back to a much more 'natural diet' - uric acid is gone, fitness unaffected, etc etc. People who try to maximise their protien consumption fail to realize that our digestive system and overall health is NOT designed to eat more protien than anything else. Fitness is not just how you look and feel but also inside your own body. Maximising the external looks by killing the internal is what obsessing over protien shakes does. All this talk about which diet is best suitable is rubbish in my mind. If you want to become big and strong or fit and toned, its much more what you do than doing unnatural food plans of 5 egg whites & chicken breasts only with broccoli. That is just an insulting perspective to have for our digestive system in my opinion- our digestive system is the most adaptive and our bodies are just fine following a host of different dietary conditions. The Khoisan in Africa live in the kalahari, they eat dried berries & nuts, meat is a once-a-year-luxury etc. and yet they are fitter, stronger & far more muscle-bound than your average westerner. Shows how much credibility all this 'protien diets/carb diets' etc really have. Point is, whatever kind of fitness you desire - the dancer's grace, the martial artists's agility or the lumberjack's hulking frame, its far better to do it by natural training & diet than gym work and unnatural diets. The route to maximal fitness isnt eating weirdly or lifting slabs of iron.