Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

So' date=' How am I implying anything different now?? Haven't I blamed other players for factor#1?? [b']Just that that factor exists only in case of sachin's tons n nobody else's.
What factor? And what do you think are the reasons behind this factor? And whose fault it is?
So' date=' How am I implying anything different now?? [b']Haven't I blamed other players for factor#1?? Just that that factor exists only in case of sachin's tons n nobody else's.
Following could be factors that might be working together, not necessarily one-at-a-time in each match, as a reason why we see those stats: 1. Sachin's ton affects performances of other players in the sense that they: ->can get overconfident or overjoyed or lax. Maybe thinking in their sub-conscious that their best batsman has dominated, so they should win relatively comfortably. ->are in awe of sachin's performance so they dont perform their own roles as expected. -> Feel pressurized by greater win expectations by the crowd after the hundred. This factor could be partly responsible for india losing 9/29 Vs SA and 7/23 Vs england and then letting them make 338. .
"Haven't I blamed other players for factor#1??" AND "Sachin's ton affects performances of other players" :hmmmm2:
What factor? And what do you think are the reasons behind this factor? And whose fault it is?
quoting it again n writing for the nth time, its other players' fault but the fault exists only in case of sachin's hundreds n nobody else's
1. Sachin's ton affects performances of other players in the sense that they: ->can get overconfident or overjoyed or lax. Maybe thinking in their sub-conscious that their best batsman has dominated, so they should win relatively comfortably. ->are in awe of sachin's performance so they dont perform their own roles as expected. -> Feel pressurized by greater win expectations by the crowd after the hundred.
Why are you making a connection between the SRT hundred and the collapse ( the reason for the loss) if he has no control over it ? And you didnt answer the question about yesterdays 100 by UV after which we collapsed and ended up with a far lower score. Are you saying that we would have lost the match if SRT made 113(121) and UV made 2(4) and still posted 268 at the end of 50 overs ?
I wrote factor#1 was one of the factors, not the only factor responsible for the collapse. and without that facor, india would have done better than 9/29.
quoting it again n writing for the nth time' date=' its other players' fault but the fault exists only in case of sachin's hundreds n nobody else's[/quote'] So its sachin,s fault that other players dont perform we only have one tendulkar who performs not 11 tendulkars.
quoting it again n writing for the nth time' date=' its other players' fault but the fault exists only in case of sachin's hundreds n nobody else's[/quote'] So the players feel in "awe of Sachin's performance" or "overconfident" only 25-30% of the time that Sachin makes a hundred? The majority of the time when Sachin's hundreds feature in an Indian win, they aren't in awe of his performance or aren't over confident? At what point do the players decide to be overconfident, is it a switch that ten others turn on collectively, or what?
So the players feel in "awe of Sachin's performance" or "overconfident" only 25-30% of the time that Sachin makes a hundred? The majority of the time when Sachin's hundreds feature in an Indian win' date=' they aren't in awe of his performance or aren't over confident?[b'] At what point do the players decide to be overconfident, is it a switch that ten others turn on collectively, or what?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: seems like some of our players (Chawla, Yusuf, Dhoni, Nehra/Munaf) have decided to be overconfident for the entire duration of the World Cup because they know that Goddy will be performing well in most of the matches.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: seems like some of our players (Chawla' date=' Yusuf, Dhoni, Nehra/Munaf) have decided to be overconfident for the entire duration of the World Cup because they know that Goddy will be performing well in most of the matches.[/quote'] :haha: It all makes sense now!