Breaking news- India stands at doorstep of communal violence again

CC1981

Re: Breaking news- India stands at doorstep of communal violence

See it's Gujarat slug-fest season hence these small event take gangantuan proportion otherwise selective sensor of opposite school of thought has been as old as India.
Typical fundie response. When proved wrong, bury head in sand. How dare you pretend to be 'desh-loving' when you dismiss Indian army mobilizing two battalion of commandos ( do you even know how big a battalion is?!?) to contain a situation where TENS of THOUSANDS of people have formed themselves into mobs ?

How about few nude paintings How about few nude paintings of Ayesha sitting on Mo's lap? Btw is it true that the hypocrite MF Hussain did not support freedom of expression and art when it came to the Danish MO cartoon fiasco?

Guest dada_rocks

Quote:Typical fundie

Typical fundie response. When proved wrong, bury head in sand. How dare you pretend to be 'desh-loving' when you dismiss Indian army mobilizing two battalion of commandos ( do you even know how big a battalion is?!?) to contain a situation where TENS of THOUSANDS of people have formed themselves into mobs ?
it's serious matter clown come back when the joke session starts.. Why am I humouring a semi-literate clown anyway.. continue

Guest dada_rocks

kumble_rocks wrote: Quote:

For instance that old man M F hussain's one painting I was looking at other day he had naked goddess SITA riding God Hanumaan's tail. What's the sense of this kind of creativity is beyond me.
Would he have dared to be creative with Mo ?
Not in a million year the senile Hussain these days leaves in some gulf country evading his presence in Indian court. Forget about nude painitng even a ecent caricature of muhd will relieve him from the misery of old-life in his host country..

Guest dada_rocks

gai_ka_dood wrote:How about

How about few nude paintings of Ayesha sitting on Mo's lap? Btw is it true that the hypocrite MF Hussain did not support freedom of expression and art when it came to the Danish MO cartoon fiasco?
Whole world will burn the day it happens..

Guest dada_rocks

Anakin wrote:GKD I'll bet

GKD I'll bet anyone would be killed if they painted the most decent picture of the prophet' date=' let alone in any other posture or clothing. [/quote'] Precisely..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Breaking news- India stands at doorstep of communal violence Actually when Muhd cartoon episode of denmark erupted then islamist of India for the sake of consistencyafter 20 odd years of keeping a studied silence on that naked Sita -hanuman painting expressed their displeasure over this senile old man called M F hussain. Keeeping in line with the islamist brouhaha and call for beheading some of them even put bounty on M F Hussain's head. Few hindu organization too put some awards on his head. SO Islamist in this episode at least aborted their double standard albeit belatedly but psecs are still clinigng on to their indefensible double standard.

Why is MoFo Hussain allowed to paint naked goddess SITA riding God Hanuman's tail and the same creativity is not extended to Mo.
IMO, Hussain painting naked Sita is fine. IMO, painting naked Muhammed would be fine too. Its too bad that it isnt fine with the muslims but i don't see why its not fine to paint naked Sita just because it isnt okay to paint naked Muhammed or any pic. of Mo.

....... but i don't see why its not fine to paint naked Sita just because it isnt okay to paint naked Muhammed or any pic. of Mo.
That's not the point at all, the point is the apparent double standard and intolerance among some people. Although I'm sure few would like to jump in now and say hindus are so ignorant and that's the sole reason for this seeming intolerance :duh:

That's not the point at all, the point is the apparent double standard and intolerance among some people.
Well duh. If Islam was a tolerant faith, we'd not have a zillion times more problems with Islam-related violence than all other religions put together.
Although I'm sure few would like to jump in now and say hindus are so ignorant and that's the sole reason for this seeming intolerance
Well ofcourse those morons who object to Hussain's art are intolerant. I don't get this idea of relative moralism replacing empirical moralism. What relevance there is to Islamic tolerance when someone talks about this particular incident ? The issue is simple- whether showing Sita as naked is offensive or not/whether it has precedence in Indian art or not. Whether Muslims find Mohammed offensive is not relevant and the cry of 'well muslims are even less tolerant' is a bit like saying 'well he steals too, so me stealing is okay too!'. Sorry but that doesnt fly. In my opinion, those who react to a piece of art like this are morons. Pure and simple. Doesnt matter if they are hindu/buddhist or muslims. I have no problems with nudity or sexuality- as long as the potrayal is not a mispotrayal, i am okay with it. In other words, if someone wanted to make a potrait of near-disrobed/tits-hanging out Draupadi, thats okay with me. But if someone wanted to make a topless, flaming haired vajra-casting potrait of Kunti, i'd have a problem with that. If someone wants to potray a picture of Arjun and Subhadra in some kama-sutra pose, its fine with me. If someone wants to potray Krishna and Draupadi together in that fashion,its not okay with me. If you wanna potray a young Buddha having sex with his wife, no probs. But i'd have a problem with old buddha humping young chicks. I think i've made my position pretty clear and i am not going to further comment on this.

but i don't see why its not fine to paint naked Sita just because it isnt okay to paint naked Muhammed or any pic. of Mo.
I could care less , if the playing field is the same for all the communities. I only wondered why muslim painter choose a hindu goddess for his creativity. And your above stated comments answered my question on why he dared to do what he did.

I only wondered why muslim painter choose a hindu goddess for his creativity.
I don't think him being a muslim is of any consequence- if you arnt aware, M.F.Hussain has had fatwas on him previously too. You are only exposing your steriotyping muslim/hindu bias by speculating on that front.
And your above stated comments answered my question on why he dared to do what he did.
Nothing daring about doing what he did IMO- since i view it to be how it should be anyways.

Re:

You are only exposing your steriotyping muslim/hindu bias by speculating on that front.
What Speculation. He is a muslim. Obviously, I would be concerned on why he choose a hindu goddess and not his own god. Provide me one link were Prophet was the subject of his creativity. At least in India he was still alive after his creative endeavor and courts were deciding his fate. Do you think he would have survived in your favorite gulf , where he is residing now, if he had dared to be creative with Prophet. I will appreciate an answer to my question. Also,did you even read what I posted. I could care less if Buddha, Vishnu or Prophet etc are being used as a subject for creativity by these artists. I just want uniform playing field for every community.
but i don't see why its not fine to paint naked Sita just because it isnt okay to paint naked Muhammed or any pic. of Mo.
And what does that make of people/community who are ok with paintings of naked Muhammed or any pic. of Mo. Can we say that they are enemies of Freedom of speech . Answer to the point please. And who decides if it is okay or not ? . BTW, I did meet this guy in a restaurant in Pune in 1992. He has this strange habit of walking barefoot. Not a good idea in Indian roads.

Obviously, I would be concerned on why he choose a hindu goddess and not his own god.
He can chose any God/Goddess he wishes and for various host of reasons. Your speculation is based on steriotype. Period.
Do you think he would have survived in your favorite gulf , where he is residing now, if he had dared to be creative with Prophet.
He would've survived in Dubai/Qatar, Bahrain and Oman. Nowhere else. But the question is irrelevant as i said before- what Muslims find offensive/not offensive has no relevance to this conversation. The benchmark is not Islamist behaviour,therefore that comparison is nothing more than using the most hardline retards to justify less hardline retardedness.
Can we say that they are enemies of Freedom of speech
Obviously. But again, irrelevant.

He can chose any God/Goddess he wishes and for various host of reasons. Your speculation is based on steriotype. Period.
And your opinion is irrelevant to me . Period. BTW, if a black person uses "N word " , the sting is for less, but god forbade , if a white person uses that word, all hell will break loose. Same analogy here. He is a muslim , so he has to be careful when dealing with sensitivities of people following other faith. Looks like you are indirectly condoning his bigotry towards Hindus by saying that it is irrelevant if a muslim criticizes hindu gods by virtue of art. Let MF hussain be creative with his god first and then he can be creative with gods of other religion. He would've survived in Dubai/Qatar, Bahrain and Oman. Nowhere else. But the question is irrelevant as i said before- what Muslims find offensive/not offensive has no relevance to this conversation. Not true . Proof of the pudding is in the eating. Let him dare to be creative with Prophet in gulf countries and most pollsters here would agree with me that he would be given death sentence.
The benchmark is not Islamist behaviour,therefore that comparison is nothing more than using the most hardline retards to justify less hardline retardedness.
You don't set the benchmark. It would be more retardate not call for even playing field wherein every community is held accountable for it's actions.

BTW, if a black person uses "N word " , the sting is for less, but god forbade , if a white person uses that word, all hell will break loose.
True and an equally ridiculous position as you steriotyping based on MF Hussain's religion. Using one steriotype to justify another is retarded in my viewpoint.
Looks like you are indirectly condoning his bigotry towards Hindus by saying that it is irrelevant if a muslim criticizes hindu gods by virtue of art.
I am categorically saying tht i have no problem with naked Sita. I thought i made that obvious in some previous posts.
Let MF hussain be creative with his god first and then he can be creative with gods of other religion.
Bigoted thinking. He is under no obligation to live up to your idea of what a muslim should/shouldn't paint.
It would be more retardate not call for even playing field wherein every community is held accountable for it's actions.
Agreed. Therefore the focus should be on getting Islamist retards to recognize art, not to make hindu retards spread their retardedness by propagating intolerence towards arts.