Breaking news- India stands at doorstep of communal violence again

CC1981

Roger. But i don't see what you are disagreeing on. On one hand you say that you dont care who does what and paints what as long as playing field are even and then on the other you say that how *dare* Hussain paint a picture of naked Sita. Those two positions are not logically consistent. If you don't care who paints what, so long as playing field are even, then your stance should be geared towards being tolerant of Hussain's drawings and condemning hardline Islamists for their intolerance for the art. If your position is how dare a Muslim like MF Hussain paint a picture of naked Sita, he'd not have dared to paint that of Mo. blahblah, then its logical conclusion is you are intolerant of artistic expression and thus equally guilty as the fundie Islamists for their rectal-retentiveness for Mo's cartoons.

If your position is how dare a Muslim like MF Hussain paint a picture of naked Sita, he'd not have dared to paint that of Mo. blahblah, then its logical conclusion is you are intolerant of artistic expression and thus equally guilty as the fundie Islamists for their rectal-retentiveness for Mo's cartoons.
Millions and Millions of muslims all over the world were angry with Mo's cartoons. So , on record are you going to call Millions and Millions of Muslims fundie Islamists with rectal imbalance ?

So , on record are you going to call Millions and Millions of Muslims fundie Islamists with rectal imbalance ?
Yep. While i consider fundie Muslims to be a minority of Muslims, they are by no means, a miniscule minority unlike other religious fundies. If i were to ball-park it, i'd say that while fundie hindus/christians/etc. are maybe 1% of their population, fundie muslims are several times higher. But can you please explain your perspective a bit more ? As i said in the previous post (and unless i am misunderstanding you), your two comments are irreconcilable. So what exactly is your argument ?

But you're missing another important point, while almost all kafirs will protest the actions of their fundies, almost all muslims will be very apathetic to theirs. And for once I'd like one "progressive educated" muslim to admit they have more intolerance in many regards, it's no use if you or I agree on that.

But you're missing another important point, while almost all kafirs will protest the actions of their fundies, almost all muslims will be very apathetic to theirs.
I agree. But i don't see how this point has to be dragged into this thread, which to me is very cut and dry. You either support MF Hussain's actions because you see artistic potrayals of mytholoy/religion to be fine or you do not support MF HUssain's actions because you think figures of religious significance should be exempt from such potrayal. What muslims do, don't do, etc. is irrelevant to this topic at hand and i don't see the point of dragging in the muslim equation into this.
And for once I'd like one "progressive educated" muslim to admit they have more intolerance in many regards, it's no use if you or I agree on that.
Such muslims are indeed very rare because regardless of the blantant obvious, 99.999% Muslims believe that the Koran is holy/godly and those who are blowin up in its name are either 'not muslims in spirit' or 'upholding the faith'. Sad but true. Btw, as i have specified many times- i recognize the problem posed by this Islam but i quite disagree with the retarded methodology of the fundies here to deal with it.

Guest dada_rocks

u guys are wasting ru time with this guy... who will thorw up numbers but if u ask him to back then he gets all coy