Irreplaceble man/woman in Indian Cinema?

Lurker

Funny, that you used his verses from Ijaazat in your post. There is a funny anecdote about it. When Gulzar wrote Mera Kuch Samaan he went to RD Burman with the lyrics who was apparently pi$$ed at him saying, "What next? Are you going to ask me to compose on a Times of India Headline?" All three(RD, Gulzar, and Asha) did a superb job on the album but only Gulzar and Asha Bhonsle got the national award. I have Kinaara's OST LP which has Gulzar's commentary before every song (dont think the cassette or CD has it). Before Jaane Kya Soch Kar Nahin Guzra, he says : For me it epitomizes his creativity of expressing deeply complex emotions and situations in simple words.
Thanks for that lovely snippet Shwetabh :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: That song - "Jaane kya soch kar nahin gujra" - is quintessential Gulzar and also happens to be one of my all-time favorites. A popular theme in Gulzar's writing is how he celebrates moments, instead of periods. I personally can sooooo relate to that ideology. It is almost like if someone asks me what did I do between 1990 and 2000 and my mind would perhaps draw a blabk(isnt it strange how time flies?), but then if someone asks me where I was when Jadeja massacred Waqar and the entire day comes alive infront of my eyes like it was yesterday, and perhaps so it shall remain for the rest of our lives. Jaane kya soch kar nahin gujra ek pal raat bhar nahin gujra xxxx