Muhammad is the 2nd most popular boy name in the UK !

Predator_05

Ever met a teenager who absolutely hated her parents, rebelled against them, had a trashy life and by the time she is in her 30's, starts understanding where her parents were coming from and eventually goes back to having good relation with them? Happens all the time. xx
Correct me if I am wrong Lurker but I clearly remember that you were defending someone few months ago by saying to me that you were an atheist as well. I always thought the way you were defending religion in various other threads was bit odd. Why did you say to me that you were an atheist? Anyway it's not a problem just was curious what made you say in one of those threads that you were also an atheist? At least we know clearly where you stand now :shades_smile: Lurker your teenager example is COMPLETELY silly even if the crowd here loves it :wink_smile: A correct example would be a parent who was never seen and had never ever interacted with the teenager. At least give correct comparisons. Anyone can compare apples with oranges!
And anyway why this hurry in judging? Remember the ONLY truth as suggested by Yuddhistra "We all shall die", so one day we shall meet our maker anyway. Keep your options open until then.
Lurker there is no hurry. It's just kind of bloody noticeable that I have had zero communication with your god for last 30+ years :hysterical: I have absolutely no reason to worry about an after life that does not exist. I rather live this life fully without bowing to some Santa figures. Even if there was an after life then so what? Tough sh*t. Dead people don't talk hence this cr@p about after life to keep the ignorant in check! If god exists tell him to come to me. Have a chat with me and explain his reasoning. Once I hear everything then I will decide if he is worthy or not. We know that ain't going to happen. So you can continue giving your smart @ss metaphors but that does not change the ground reality :wink_smile: You and your type can say stuff like "god is too busy and we are just one tiny hair follicle among many....yadda yadda". Guess what???? I am too busy to give him any play time as well :hysterical:
Those are classic lines of athiests, or shall I say uneducated athiests. tounge_smile.gif
You can call me whatever you want but does not make your "make believe world" real :wink_smile: I rather deal with what is clearly evident than the millions of mumbo jumbo thoughts that religious people have.

I never said I know it all in fact I am in utter confusion but can't stop asking while hiding behind some baseless similes. It doesn't satisfy me. Point is when u equate somone to parental love one gets inclined to have a comparison. Anyway Benefit of doubt upto what extent. When u see scores of just born kids dying in a tsunami in an earth-quake u wonder what was their fault. It's not aboot pessimims or optimism, it's about realism. If I blow ur head off tomorrow I am sure u are not going to give me benefit of doubt but when it comes to God character everything becomes for some larger good, what good. How long will this insanity continue till almighty deigns us with the purpose of it all. Never said life is a constant suffering but question is why suffering at all. As far as I am concerned I have no reasons to complain but I am not about myself only. Why should a somalian kid suffer why should Kalahandi kid suffer. Why should anyone suffer constantly or otherwise. My point is this drama has been on since 200000 years so to say that people are hasty in judgement is plain wrong.
So you think God exclusively caters to humans ? What about the millions of chickens and beef that people consume every day. The thousands of germs that you kill every time you brush ? The loads of potatoes and onions that "die" after being uprooted for our benefit. What I'm trying to get at is.. This chakkar of life and death is never-ending, and if there is a "God", to assume that it caters to only living things, and that too us humans is presumptuous arrogant and delusional.

the answer to ur entire post is one word..... "KARMA".... we have the ability to see one lifetime at a time... hence the confusion of "why me?".... well, u might have done something to deserve it... and it may not really be a punishment afterall of dying in a tsunami.... maybe it is God's way of removing ur sufferings and giving u A BETTER life next time around.....
You are plain ignorant mate. That is the exact reasoning used by dumb people in India to discriminate against handicapped people who are already down and out :angry_smile: You and your bloody MAYBEs!!!!

So you think God exclusively caters to humans ? What about the millions of chickens and beef that people consume every day. The thousands of germs that you kill every time you brush ? The loads of potatoes and onions that "die" after being uprooted for our benefit. What I'm trying to get at is.. This chakkar of life and death is never-ending, and if there is a "God", to assume that it caters to only living things, and that too us humans is presumptuous arrogant and delusional.
Well Varun depends which of the many colourful religions you follow :shades_smile: Some religions will tell you that god placed animals on the planet to fatten our @ss and block our intestines:haha: Btw there are people who eat exclusive diets which do not result in death of the plant. For example if you eat fruits you are not killing the plant. If you eat green beans then you are not killing the plant. Nuts etc etc. Just saying :thumbs_up: Now see what I love about religious folks...even our Hindu ones is that they will say ram ram but then stuff one of these in their fat ass :hysterical: http://www.goveg.com/photos.asp (click on the photos) Wo ky kahawat hai? "Mu me ram ram bagle mein churri" (Chanting ram ram but carrying a knife) Religion is the playground of hypocrites:thumbs_up:

Btw there are people who eat exclusive diets which do not result in death of the plant. For example if you eat fruits you are not killing the plant. If you eat green beans then you are not killing the plant. Nuts etc etc. Just saying :thumbs_up:
Well you're falling into the same trap of considering plants to be a "higher form of life" than say microorganisms and germs and parasites which you kill every day. That is the same reasoning that people who eat meat (but aren't cannibals) use: that the animals that they eat are a lower form of life than them. At the end of the day (or life, or universe lol) it doesn't matter if you consume plants, animals, only fruits or what not. Death, pain and suffering is a consequence of being "alive". Deal with it :devil_smile::hysterical:

I am not falling into that trap! There is a greater lack of compassion shown when you kill brutally something that bleeds like you, looks with painful eyes just like you, cries out in pain just like you... breast feeds like you (ok not you LOL)...etc etc. With breathing and killing smaller organisms you don't have that much choice but with animals you do! So why exactly does religon not sanction cannibalism? If animal farming is allowed I don't see why human farming should not be allowed? You know humans bred specially for meat? :giggle: It's religion that says human are higher form of life not me! I consider humans to be just like animals and not some higher form of life. Even if I take your line of reasoning then god surely did create a messed up world. Hardly a good reflection on him and his sadistic attitude!

Guest dada_rocks
the answer to ur entire post is one word..... "KARMA".... we have the ability to see one lifetime at a time... hence the confusion of "why me?".... well, u might have done something to deserve it... and it may not really be a punishment afterall of dying in a tsunami.... maybe it is God's way of removing ur sufferings and giving u A BETTER life next time around.....
If god willed then I might not have done that very thing which resulted into the punishment and the question is why he didn't will so. I say why even bother creating people and taking stock of what karma are they doing and then doling out punishment on that basis.

If god willed then I might not have done that very thing which resulted into the punishment and the question is why he didn't will so. I say why even bother creating people and taking stock of what karma are they doing and then doling out punishment on that basis.
Aree baba god works in MYSTERIOUS ways :hysterical: MAYBE you are just one pubic hair on his nut sac. He has no time for your meaningless questions :hysterical: Or maybe this or maybe that..... Ama so many maybes and then these religious folks ask the atheist to disprove the countless maybes. Chutiy@panti ki bhi had hoti hai :wink_smile:

Even if I take your line of reasoning then god surely did create a messed up world. Hardly a good reflection on him and his sadistic attitude!
You say messed up because you see death, pain, suffering, etc etc. I wonder if a rock thinks so. :haha:

I say why even bother creating people and taking stock of what karma are they doing and then doling out punishment on that basis.
if u had a pet dog, it must be thinking the same.... y the hell do these humans do this, do tht, leash me, and all.... lets jus say, it wont understand even if u bother explaining cos its brain is not wired to understand something higher than it can... same goes for us...

if u had a pet dog' date=' it must be thinking the same.... y the hell do these humans do this, do tht, leash me, and all.... lets jus say, it wont understand even if u bother explaining cos its brain is not wired to understand something higher than it can... same goes for us...[/quote'] Again orange and apple walla example! Dog sees the master, feels him, pisses on his shoes etc etc. Btw hardly anything noble about treating a dog like **** either.
You say messed up because you see death' date=' pain, suffering, etc etc. I wonder if a rock thinks so. :haha:[/quote'] Rock does not think anything. Free feel to ask one of those god ka rock statue when you pray next time. Do let me know what the rock baba said :tounge_smile: Acha I am out...I hope! Please don't think that I am ignoring anyone if I don't respond. I am just completely fed up and bored of this thread. Gator, Lurker, Ravi, Varun, KR, Bheem...etc etc don't take any of my friendly digs/insults personally! :thumbs_up: I love you all :guy_handsacrossamer:giggle::hysterical: Note to self- Stay out pleaseeeee!!!!!

When u see scores of just born kids dying in a tsunami in an earth-quake u wonder what was their fault. It's not aboot pessimims or optimism' date=' it's about realism. [/quote'] Okay help me understand this. Had there been no Psunami where newborn kids died, you would have been in glow of God? My guess is NO. You would dig up something else and then try to prove your viewpoint. All these 200000 years old history is dug up for one reason only - to show the negatives and not give a damn about good things. Am I wrong? xxx

Originally Posted by gator viewpost.gif if u had a pet dog, it must be thinking the same.... y the hell do these humans do this, do tht, leash me, and all.... lets jus say, it wont understand even if u bother explaining cos its brain is not wired to understand something higher than it can... same goes for us... Again orange and apple walla example! Dog sees the master, feels him, pisses on his shoes etc etc. Btw hardly anything noble about treating a dog like **** either.
both are round, both are fruits.... thts as close a comparison as u will get on such a complex issue.... this aint first grade mathematics where u can jus count bananas on fingers... try to see the bigger picture than nit-pick.... the analogy meant, unless ur brains have evolved to a higher plane, u might not really understand the meaning and the power behind God's actions and creations...

Correct me if I am wrong Lurker but I clearly remember that you were defending someone few months ago by saying to me that you were an atheist as well. I always thought the way you were defending religion in various other threads was bit odd. Why did you say to me that you were an atheist? Anyway it's not a problem just was curious what made you say in one of those threads that you were also an atheist? At least we know clearly where you stand now :shades_smile:
I am not surprised that you did not get me GKD. Yes I have clearly mentioned too many times that I am not religious. The best way to describe myself is that I am partly agnostic partly athiest. The difference between me and you is that I do not claim to know everything and go around making fun of religious figures like Buddha(or others for that matter). Why should I? I have no reason to be religious but I have reasons to know that I do not know everything and if tomorrow I realize I was wrong then I would correct myself. Of course if I was right all along no harm done. Regardless one thing that I would not do is cast stones at followers of religion out of stubborness or rigidity.
Lurker your teenager example is COMPLETELY silly even if the crowd here loves it :wink_smile: A correct example would be a parent who was never seen and had never ever interacted with the teenager. At least give correct comparisons. Anyone can compare apples with oranges!
See this is exactly where you go wrong. You assume too much and also have the nerve to think you are right. Boss I gave an example. You did not appreciate it, fair enough but dont tell me how to give a "correct comparison". Now coming to your analysis of teenager whose parents were never seen or heard. As a teenager you either be: 1) Pretty pissed at your parents cos you never saw and heard them.(Athiest) 2) Be devoted to them regardless of what they did to you(blind faith) 3) Wonder if/where your parents are? And if you meet them, if at all, have an open mind to hear their side of story and then judge Tell me what would you pick and why?
Lurker there is no hurry. It's just kind of bloody noticeable that I have had zero communication with your god for last 30+ years :hysterical: I have absolutely no reason to worry about an after life that does not exist. I rather live this life fully without bowing to some Santa figures. Even if there was an after life then so what? Tough sh*t. Dead people don't talk hence this cr@p about after life to keep the ignorant in check! If god exists tell him to come to me. Have a chat with me and explain his reasoning. Once I hear everything then I will decide if he is worthy or not. We know that ain't going to happen. So you can continue giving your smart @ss metaphors but that does not change the ground reality :wink_smile: You and your type can say stuff like "god is too busy and we are just one tiny hair follicle among many....yadda yadda". Guess what???? I am too busy to give him any play time as well :hysterical: You can call me whatever you want but does not make your "make believe world" real :wink_smile: I rather deal with what is clearly evident than the millions of mumbo jumbo thoughts that religious people have.
Ignored as this is all irrelevant and my retort would only create bad blood. :tounge_smile: xxx

Rock does not think anything. Free feel to ask one of those god ka rock statue when you pray next time. Do let me know what the rock baba said :tounge_smile:
Vohi to bol raha hoon. The ability to think is the cause of all suffering and pain. (and also the feeling of being alive and conscious)