Guess the Player?

A right-handed batsman, my first-class batting record was nothing special but at International level I was considered one of the best of all times. In my debut test a batsman from my region hit an "unbelievable" century by his standards. My last test match was at a venue which holds lot of International matches in that country, a player who debuted in that match also went on to become a great in his department. I also took part in four World Cups but my country couldn't win any of those world cups.

I made my test debut and ODI debut against same opposition and at the same venue.In my debut test ,2 other players were making their debut ,one of them was making his debut after being 9 years into the game(intl. cricket). My last test match was at a venue for which I played some of my domestic cricket.A teammate of mine top scored for us in both the innings but unfortunately we lost that game.My best bowling performance in test cricket is also my best performance in 1st class cricket.Who am I?

My first appearance in an International match came quite unexpectedly, I made test debut along with a future great of the game. Made my ODI debut at a ground which no longer hosts odis.My best batting performance in odis came at a venue which hosted a historic match to be held in that country. In test matches, the same year when a team mate of mine was good enough to better his own record,I went past him and set a new record for my country. I've been part of couple of big controversies in my cricketing career Tad tough but should be easy for the likes of Sid, CT, Ganesh or Gaurav :P