Guess the Player?

My first as well as the last Test came in my home country at different venues. I started my international career at a very young age of 19, was tipped as one for the future. But I had to leave the game due to certain political issues with the board. In my debut game, a player from the opposition also made his Test debut. I made my ODI debut with another player from my team who was known for his innovative style of play. In my final ODI, a bowler from the opposition played his final ODI and he got best figures of his career in that very game.

Another one : I made my Test debut in my own country. In my debut Test, a player from our side took his career best figures in Test Cricket, both in an innings and in a match. That player (who took his career best) is now coaching a domestic side of the same country against which he grabbed those wickets. Even after his efforts, we went on to lose that game despite having the first innings lead. In that very game, an opener from the opposition made his debut as well. A bowler from the opposition also took his career best in that match. It was the first and last Test of my career. Final Clue : I share my first name with an English legend :P

I made my test debut in a match where 3 other players were making there test debuts.It turned out to be memorable test match as a world record was made in that test.I was a regular for my team in most part of the 90's and I played my last cricket game against a team with which I am associated with.Who am I?