Siachen War hero dies valiantly.

gator

ok here is the situation... you can solicit donations or even accept payment in exchange of service/goods without paying tax upto once a month at my campus so i am going to get in touch with the numerous organizations with indian roots and try and persuade them to hold a fund raiser for such an undertaking. i dont know how good their reception will be considering that its for indian soldiers and we are soliciting donations in the united states, it might have to be within the international student community and that is still substantial here. we have a freshman's welcome this august and i will try and have something running by then. i still however need the details of where and to who the money must go to.

I aint donating a penny. I feel bad for the widow/family but i am at the same time, fully aware that 80% or more of what i donate will not reach my intended target. AID agencies and I dont mix very well- last time i donated money for kids to Africa, it went into the pockets of north americans. I'd need very comprehensive assurances towards the credibility/honesty of the AID agency to ever donate money for any cause again.

I aint donating a penny. I feel bad for the widow/family but i am at the same time' date=' fully aware that 80% or more of what i donate will not reach my intended target. AID agencies and I dont mix very well- last time i donated money for kids to Africa, it went into the pockets of north americans. I'd need very comprehensive assurances towards the credibility/honesty of the AID agency to ever donate money for any cause again.[/quote'] good, wasnt going to ask you for anything. besides we were arranging to get the money to the families DIRECTLY. but thats ok, since i expected such dismissive and over judgmental skepticism from you. p.s. try donating to agencies like Oxfam or Food for Life (the only religiously affiliated program i endorse) since those i know for a fact are not decadent. infact the most corrupt religious charities promise upto 80% donations towards kids (of course not considering some of the evangelical goofs who are always on IBN and hanging out with Pat Robertson).

try donating to agencies like Oxfam or Food for Life (the only religiously affiliated program i endorse) since those i know for a fact are not decadent.
LOL..my money not going to the intended person was through Oxfam actually.
besides we were arranging to get the money to the families DIRECTLY.
No such thing as 'directly' unless you get the victim family to start a paypal acct. and wire the money over. Its always gotto pass through some 'middleman' who is gonna physically do the transfer/distribution. I am sorry but my skepticism in that regard remains. Unless its one of the ICF-ers i know personally handing over the money to the victim, i am gonna keep my purse-strings closed.

LOL..my money not going to the intended person was through Oxfam actually. No such thing as 'directly' unless you get the victim family to start a paypal acct. and wire the money over. Its always gotto pass through some 'middleman' who is gonna physically do the transfer/distribution. I am sorry but my skepticism in that regard remains. Unless its one of the ICF-ers i know personally handing over the money to the victim, i am gonna keep my purse-strings closed.
do provide some evidence to prove your claim that oxfam is corrupt and i would warn you to tread softly as i know people who have worked for over a decade for this organization. and i am glad the world does not function like you do, or we would have no charity.

do provide some evidence to prove your claim that oxfam is corrupt and i would warn you to tread softly as i know people who have worked for over a decade for this organization.
I intended my aid to go to a specific person through Oxfam- it was 20 bucks (worth a lot in Chad apparently) and it never made it to that person in the 1+ year i kept track of it. I cant be ars*d to keep track of it year after year and its been over 5 years. I also have a problem with the fact that charities spend millions of donated money under the pretext of 'operational costs' giving fat salaries to their employees. So even with the uncorrupt ones, majority of my money is going for the salary of some north american than to the intended person !
and i am glad the world does not function like you do, or we would have no charity.
Rather, we'd have no charity through charity organizations. I am all for charity but i do not like organized charity. You do realize that if all organized charities are looked cumulatively, less than 30% of the donated money goes into direct AID to the intended ?

Guest dada_rocks

30% is still better than 0% anyway here we are talking about money being delivered personally no organization will be involved.. I work with KOA ( a student run kashmiri pandit prganization) they don't even ask u to send money to them. U can directly send money to the eventual recipient. They are so clean that once they asked me I have sent them $250 more than pledged so what to do with that money. I checked my account I hadn't sent any extra money but they kept insisting I did so I told them oke go ahead pay another recipient.

No such thing as 'directly' unless you get the victim family to start a paypal acct. and wire the money over. Its always gotto pass through some 'middleman' who is gonna physically do the transfer/distribution. I am sorry but my skepticism in that regard remains. Unless its one of the ICF-ers i know personally handing over the money to the victim, i am gonna keep my purse-strings closed.
hang on a sec.... who is the middleman if u mail a check to their address??? there are sites like remit2india, icici who will deliver a check to their doorstep... yeah there is a chump change comission or something.... u r telling me, the postman gonna take some of tht???:whatchutalkingabout