Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

Aamer wasn't the reason we were losing. Infact he was one of the factors that made us competitive, to an extent that is. Infighting and ego problems amongst the seniors resulted in us 'languishing in the bottom", as you said. I'm fully against any reduction in his ban period. I said it before, this was his first ever offense and him being under-age only goes in his favour. The innocence and stupidity of youth. Surely one doesn't banish a boy for
It's the easiest thing in the world to play good in a match but intentionally play bad at crucial points to lose it. An eighteen year old is not exempt from any crime in the world for a reason. He is an adult for all purposes. Clearly the atmosphere of fixing on the team, of which amir was party of demoralized the others on the team too. I can remember at least two crucial matches, Asia chip final and t 20 semis against Australia where he played good overall but changed his length in the last crucial overs and went for lots ofruns and Pakistan lost.
Aamer wasn't the reason we were losing. Infact he was one of the factors that made us competitive, to an extent that is. Infighting and ego problems amongst the seniors resulted in us 'languishing in the bottom", as you said. I'm fully against any reduction in his ban period. I said it before, this was his first ever offense and him being under-age only goes in his favour. The innocence and stupidity of youth. Surely one doesn't banish a boy for erring?
Simply the dumbest line I have heard.... A kid steals a car, crashes it and kills a family, but the answer is, oh well he's a kid who erred give him a go.... WTF :facepalm: He is a cheat pure, simple and unarguable... He is banned because he is a cheat..... He knew the rules and made a dumb mistake... now pay the penalty.... Any case to bring him back before the end of his ban will be to the detriment of cricket and will mean the case against any kind of fixing for the future is irrelevant. I close with HE IS A CHEAT.
It's the easiest thing in the world to play good in a match but intentionally play bad at crucial points to lose it. An eighteen year old is not exempt from any crime in the world for a reason. He is an adult for all purposes. Clearly the atmosphere of fixing on the team, of which amir was party of demoralized the others on the team too. I can remember at least two crucial matches, Asia chip final and t 20 semis against Australia where he played good overall but changed his length in the last crucial overs and went for lots ofruns and Pakistan lost.
I am not saying it would ever happen, but lets change the arguement a bit here... lets say some young Indian player was found guilty of the same offense and got the same penalties.... What would be the attitude of the Paki supporters and officials to the prospect of an earlier returen to cricket.... They will say, we would let him, but we all know that is utter cr@p.. If he comes back and Australia was scheduled to play Pakistan, I would hope that CA or the players elected to boycott the matches (irrespective of the consequences financial or rankings).... Cheats are cheats and the arguement to figive him is just plain dumb... Best bit of advice I ever received with regard to a person's character is "a leopard never changes its spots"... once a liar and cheat always a liar and cheat.... Best of luck to this kid in life but its not in cricket, he mae his bed now lie in it no matter how good he is or could have been. Cheat supporters are the worst kind of fans because they take away from the game we all love by essentially condoning the behaviour.