Meditation Won't Boost Health: Study

kumble_rocks

This is really a bull$hit study and again, science passing off judgement on a thing they know very little about. I fail to see how this survey has any substance, given that the concept of meditation is actually vastly different in India/east asia than it is in the west. Meditation isnt gonna 'magically' heal your cancer or your hypertension- but what meditation does is give you control of the brain- by focussing your ability to control what you think ( and no, we normally don't control what we think- the empty-mind meditation is exceedingly hard to do because some other thought just keeps popping in the brain). The effect of this is purely psychological and a calming effect on the mind. Now what that translates to is clearly not measurable by science since science understands the brain so little. This is nothing more than the arrogance of western medicine rearing its ugly head- yet again.

This is really a bull$hit study and again, science passing off judgement on a thing they know very little about. I fail to see how this survey has any substance, given that the concept of meditation is actually vastly different in India/east asia than it is in the west. Meditation isnt gonna 'magically' heal your cancer or your hypertension- but what meditation does is give you control of the brain- by focussing your ability to control what you think ( and no, we normally don't control what we think- the empty-mind meditation is exceedingly hard to do because some other thought just keeps popping in the brain). The effect of this is purely psychological and a calming effect on the mind. Now what that translates to is clearly not measurable by science since science understands the brain so little. This is nothing more than the arrogance of western medicine rearing its ugly head- yet again.
Good Post . But in all fairness , the western cabal have generally supported the concept of mediation for physical health. That is why , I was surprised that this study came in google/yahoo news today.

Good Post . But in all fairness , the western cabal have generally supported the concept of mediation for physical health. That is why , I was surprised that this study came in google/yahoo news today.
The western cabal also rubbishes what it cannot understand- chief example is homeopathy. My grandpa, who was a homeopathic doctor, used to argue with my uncle, an 'allopathy' doctor when my uncle used to make sly remarks about the veracity of homeopathy. Yet, if it wasn't for homeopathy medicine, i'd be dead 13 yrs ago of typhoid fever. The so-called 'allopathic medicine' did diddly squat to control my fever- homeopathy medicine is what kept my fever below seizure levels.

The western cabal also rubbishes what it cannot understand- chief example is homeopathy. My grandpa, who was a homeopathic doctor, used to argue with my uncle, an 'allopathy' doctor when my uncle used to make sly remarks about the veracity of homeopathy. Yet, if it wasn't for homeopathy medicine, i'd be dead 13 yrs ago of typhoid fever. The so-called 'allopathic medicine' did diddly squat to control my fever- homeopathy medicine is what kept my fever below seizure levels.
I remember that my jaundice was cured by ayurvedic medicine . Allopathy didn't help my cause. So , both homeopathy and ayurveda have their usefulness especially considering the fact that they try to cure the "Cause" and not the "Effect".