A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

Many people quote here Gambits away stats..but no one gave answer to couple of my questions.. How do u people sure about Lara made runs against great bowlers...he may just defend this bowler and made run against weaker bowler which in turn inflate his average... Also Lara may played in flat wickets while Sachin may played in green tops...so how we do we come to know who is better by this avergae.. In some cases a great bowler may be even greater away from home..

SRT's test record against McGrath is - 287 balls 11x4, 0x6 6 dismissals 88 runs (30 runs every 100 balls) Average - 14.7
are you sure about these stats..many other stats are called Fake.. Tell me how u done this...even i will try for other bowlers once i came back to Bangalore nxt week.. I can spend atleat 4/5 hours during weekends for this....this looks interesting
can we keep RSS out of this....not all the people on Bradmans side in this forum may not be against RSS by default :winky:
Actually it was meant for BB and just BB. I dont go for this whole us versus them nonsense anyway. Debate/discuss/argue individually..whats with the ganging up funda anyway?

Took it from the statistician Charles Davis' blog - http://www.sportstats.com.au/bloghome.html He filled the pieces from original scorecards, and has mentioned the ones that he doesn't have. He had done this for many batsmen against McGrath four years back (http://www.sportstats.com.au/blogmay2007mar2008.html ) . At the time, he only had the details between 1999 & 2007, so SRT had an average of 17. That did not include Tendulkar's duck against McGrath in Delhi 1996/7

Actually it was meant for BB and just BB. I dont go for this whole us versus them nonsense anyway. Debate/discuss/argue individually..whats with the ganging up funda anyway?
gang up is fine becuse there is clear partision between Sachin supporters and Bradman supporters Also no one is considered neutral....,,,
As opposed to a certain "Don" that threatened to not tour England if bouncers were used again :laugh:
Really? You gonna go there? Even in the worst series of his life where he, and his team was bombarded with bumpers, to the extent that two countries diplmatic relation came under threat...even then his average was higher than overall SRT's average! In other words DB at his worst pawns SRT. You should be able to understand that well as your cricketing knowledge is limited to statistics and video frames lol. Maybe like your bhagwaan you also got a bloody nose now...:hysterical:
gang up is fine becuse there is clear partision between Sachin supporters and Bradman supporters Also no one is considered neutral....' date=,,
Thats a fallacy created by the fanatics. There are many neutrals. Just because I personally think DB > SRT that makes me biased towards DB and anti-SRT?
Thats a fallacy created by the fanatics. There are many neutrals. Just because I personally think DB > SRT that makes me biased towards DB and anti-SRT?
but in the context of debates there is clearly sides... People think we are biased we cant do anything about it.. And i agree with fallacy of some fanatics..some one is saying people who write against Sachin are haterz and they dont even support Bradman but if tommarrow comparision between Sach and Viv they will change sides easily towrads Viv.. I dont know whether that post is from this thread or some other

Scene #1 BossBhai: Check SRT and Lara's averages in the games they played against each other Rett: Check SRT and Flower' matches in the games they played against each other BossBhai: You are moron (something to that effect). BCL is at least comparable to SRT unlike Flower Scene #2 Patiala Peg: Check BCL and SRT's record against McGrath BossBhai: By that logic, Anwar and Ijaz > SRT. Moronic logic :hmmmm2: Anwar and Ijaz are comparable to SRT/BCL?

you realized this now....finally by the way which side you are on...as per xPerts here no one is neutral..
There is no sudden realization - my stand on the issue is like this almost forever - "cross era comparisons are nonsense and beyond reasoning/scientific capabilities/knowledgebase of any individual around here"- much before your ICF existence started. And I guess you missed the part (here and elsewhere), where I exposed the flaws in peer domination theory. why just peer domination can not be taken as "THE GOLD STANDARD" across all eras, through eternity. Which side am I on - sense,scientific logic, questioning.., the arguments/points which I do not find logical enough, I debate against them - as gentlemanly as possible until my point of tolerances... I do not argue against any particular individual, does not belong to any particular camp.. and it might be just a coincidence or more than that..., most of the troll stuff originates from one rettarded side, and whenever I pointed it out, I earned extra credits towards being a fanatic.. And I am least bothered about such labeling - everyone has right to create his own alternate perception of reality.
There is no sudden realization - my stand on the issue is like this almost forever - "cross era comparisons are nonsense and beyond reasoning/scientific capabilities/knowledgebase of any individual around here"- much before your ICF existence started. And I guess you missed the part (here and elsewhere), where I exposed the flaws in peer domination theory. why just peer domination can not be taken as "THE GOLD STANDARD" across all eras, through eternity. Which side am I on - sense,scientific logic, questioning.., the arguments/points which I do not find logical enough, I debate against them - as gentlemanly as possible until my point of tolerances... I do not argue against any particular individual, does not belong to any particular camp.. and it might be just a coincidence or more than that..., most of the troll stuff originates from one rettarded side, and whenever I pointed it out, I earned extra credits towards being a fanatic.. And I am least bothered about such labeling - everyone has right to create his own alternate perception of reality.
i underatnd evry one cant understand 2nd or 3rd level meaning in some of your posts.. Still some of your posts come across as you belong to certain side rather than neuatral.. Actuallyy there is no harm in selecting a side..this is not war just debates..not one will be harmed by this..
i underatnd evry one cant understand 2nd or 3rd level meaning in some of your posts.. Still some of your posts come across as you belong to certain side rather than neuatral.. Actuallyy there is no harm in selecting a side..this is not war just debates..not one will be harmed by this..
That is because ( and when) the reader has already assumed a side for himself, and consciously or subconsciously filters and labels others like that - regardless of the reality.

Another example of nonsense - which you are not able to or willing to see, and I have already spoken against it and might do it again, and yet people are still pulling out examples.....selective filtering against particular bowlers can be easily tweaked around to prove ones supremacy over others. And even if someone wants to judge based on only this metric - then in my opinion - performance against that set of bowlers in their own backyard is more commendable than otherwise... who tops by which criteria, I am not bothered to do it - as it is just one of the 10000 metrics, and does not prove anything in the bigger picture.

SRT's test record against McGrath is - 287 balls 11x4, 0x6 6 dismissals 88 runs (30 runs every 100 balls) Average - 14.7
There is any point in putting SRT's stats against McGrath only if you can show how Don Bradman would have fared against McGrath. IMHO, whole point of this debate is to see whether comparison of Bradman with Modern day batsmen is relevant or not and in that aspect no argument can be more clinching than the following one- http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1015861&postcount=161
During DGBs times there were a grand total of 38 players who played test cricket after the age of 40yrs. For the last decade that number is a grand total of One player (Alec Stewart) . If this stat doesnt tell you the state of affairs then nothing else will .... and Iam sure it will be pretteeeee easy for me to sell that bridge next to your house to you ... it was ***ing built in that era too ...
If people want to compare Sachin with his peers, they can open a new thread so that discussion can include all aspects rather then some instances where Sachin didn't do that well can be picked.

For both the above posts.. There is no fixed point of debate in this matter...even the thread not started as showing who is best.. Some claimed here Sachin played against greatest bowlers ever and handled them well..so some of us asked stats for that.. Rett shown one stat...people counterded by telling its Fake.. Now we have one more set of stats and you countering by this is selective filtering and you cant do that etc.. So tell me how we decide Sachins batting against grratest of them all bowlers is very effective compare to others before talking about what others write as nonsense

Another example of nonsense - which you are not able to or willing to see, and I have already spoken against it and might do it again, and yet people are still pulling out examples.....selective filtering against particular bowlers can be easily tweaked around to prove ones supremacy over others. And even if someone wants to judge based on only this metric - then in my opinion - performance against that set of bowlers in their own backyard is more commendable than otherwise... who tops by which criteria, I am not bothered to do it - as it is just one of the 10000 metrics, and does not prove anything in the bigger picture.
why you are doing double talk.. One time you are writing you are totally Neuatral... In another line u are writing you have a opinio about facing great bowlers..criterea is that it on great bowlers own den....where is the stat for say Sachin faced these many number of balls against Mcgraw in australia.. Second what if the pitch in OZ where sachin played against Mcgraw is comletly flat and he scored 50 runs of his bowling..while in a pitch in India where he got out to Mcgrath cheaply in bowling conditions
why you are doing double talk.. One time you are writing you are totally Neuatral... In another line u are writing you have a opinio about facing great bowlers..criterea is that it on great bowlers own den....where is the stat for say Sachin faced these many number of balls against Mcgraw in australia.. Second what if the pitch in OZ where sachin played against Mcgraw is comletly flat and he scored 50 runs of his bowling..while in a pitch in India where he got out to Mcgrath cheaply in bowling conditions
THERE IS NO DOUBLE TALK.. Do I have to explain what it means , when some para starts like - "even if you insist"....its like picking death by poison or death by hanging.