Nationalist myths?

gorah_pindu

Funny thing is he still went ahead and did a "Aaja bail Mujhe maar" and thats precisely what happened. the outcome was even predicted by many of his esteemed wise friends in congress. But our man would have none of it .... held the entire country hostage to his impractical philosphies and we pay the price even today and will continue to do so.
Nothing funny about that- Gandhi never said stick to my policy re: hindu-muslims all the time forever. However, his policy made the most sense because his biggest objective was getting rid of the british and sorting out the hindu-muslim equation came later down the priority list- as it should've at that time.

Indians have to be aware of the enormity of their culture and its history to realize how we shouldnt fear the American culture or Europe- but it is our ignorance of our own culture that leads to blindly aping the western culture and that is a loss to our culture due to 'enslaved minds'' date=' too quick to adopt culture because of the financial perceived superiority of the west.[/quote'] :thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks

Maosit behead people but they have got nothng to do with religion driven frenzy, .. Most of the time it's bloody caste war piggy-backing on the eternal have and have-not feud

Guest dada_rocks
:thumbs_up:
I too will give thumbs up on that rest assured most of the people who ape suffer from cultural disconnect. I ain't even worried about western on-slaught many an onslaught like this has come and gone. i fear only those who force their culture on u and that's why I am freaking dead against islamist. With them it's not one rational pitted against another it's either u freaking accept what hey are saying or u die. They might incarcerate a Gandhi for breaking the law but they won't skin him alive like Teg bahadur. With westeren cultural invasion in peaceful way I say bring it on baby let us see who prevails. In long run I am dead sure we will prevail. But one has to be alive to survive in cultural debate unfortunately that luxury ROPers don't give you in face of disagreement.

Guest dada_rocks
GP I wish things were that simple but they are not. Btw what is with this new president covering her head? wtf!
I have many a beef with her as president but head covering is not one of them. It's her choice. For start, for the very first time we have a bonafide thug as president.