Aryan...

Gaurav

where you demonstrate belief in your own infallibility
If i had beleif in my infallibility, i'd just leave it at a one word 'false', not provided the reasons for that declarations (thereby giving YOU a chance to verify/critique my reasoning).
where you redirect the argument away from issues you cant answer
I don't redirect- i said i cannot answer something and that is logical, given that this field (history) is full of 'gaps in info'. It amuses me no end when someone asks me for an alternate theory just because i saw through their bullsh!t and made comments about it- i am more than happy to leave matters i do not know with any certainty about as a question mark rather than have the fanatical dedication of trying to supplant one theory with another and then take the current theory as gospel of truth, forgetting the limitations of those theories in the first place. It is irrelevant whether or not i got 'something better or more sensible' than the spiel you are blurting- when my stated goal is to critique that spiel on its own individual merit ( rather than comparative merit by throwing in some alternate hypothesis). it is the similar kind of response i get on the 9/11 threads where apparently saying that 'WTC collapse doesnt add up to the official story' means i *must* provide the correct theory to supplant it. Thats like saying ' even if you KNOW what i am saying is bullshyte, you must believe it so unless you can come up with a better theory rather than say we know squat and leave it at that'. Demented thinking of the highest order, really.

DR mode on - Sometimes back you must have seen the face of genetic Adam ( he presumably lived in tanzania arica) on Times magazine's cover. Well that was the culmination of the gene-mapping project. Basicallay what science has done is mapped the human migration pattern all over the globe on the basis of mtDNA. I don't want to go on on this topic it might get boring for some but if u are interestd in further knowing google it or alternatively let me know. The detailed project is still under-way under aegis of IBM but the preliminary round of research shows that human population migration happend from india towards west never from west towards India. So there goes the flawed aryan invasion theory standing on the crooked philological leg into oblivion. It wil take time for people to get over the years of propaganda but eventually truth will prevail and least we indians can do is to highlight this matter. DR mode off !:tounge_smile: