Kerala Express Watch Thread

He should be in ODI team' date= world cup winner. He is an aggressive wicket taker and naturally they can sometimes go for runs but you need one person like that in ODI. He can change the game. He is made for ODI and test cricket. Even bowled well in T20 early in his career.
surely... when we are going to play Kenya now can u ask mods to change your name to Appam....:winky:
surely... when we are going to play Kenya now can u ask mods to change your name to Appam....:winky:
A world cup T20 AND ODI winner doesn't need to play against minnows. That is for rookies or people making a comeback. The speedster bowled quicker than Yadav/Aaron in world cup final. He was bowling up to 91mph, rattled the Lankan's early on with pace and they got some lucky runs. Zaheer was taken to cleaners for 35 runs in his last two overs and that gave Sri Lanka momentum and made us chase a bigger target. If Santh had bowled, it would have been with pace, venom, swing and stares. Remember how he knocked over Gilly and Hayden in t20 when it looked like we wouldn't be able to.
He should be in ODI team' date=' [b']world cup winner. He is an aggressive wicket taker and naturally they can sometimes go for runs but you need one person like that in ODI. He can change the game. He is made for ODI and test cricket. Even bowled well in T20 early in his career.
Really, really sad to see the tag of "world cup winner" being added to the name of such undeserving players who could only play because of an unfortunate injury to someone else and whose only contribution in the World Cup was being spanked out of the park by both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
A world cup T20 AND ODI winner doesn't need to play against minnows. That is for rookies or people making a comeback. The speedster bowled quicker than Yadav/Aaron in world cup final. He was bowling up to 91mph, rattled the Lankan's early on with pace and they got some lucky runs. Zaheer was taken to cleaners for 35 runs in his last two overs and that gave Sri Lanka momentum and made us chase a bigger target. If Santh had bowled, it would have been with pace, venom, swing and stares. Remember how he knocked over Gilly and Hayden in t20 when it looked like we wouldn't be able to.
i am aginst to this nonsense of Remembering what happened centuries back will affect now.. be it Bajji,Ishanth,Irfan...now Sree daily people comes up with this logic i guess Sachin,Dravid , laxman etc may run away from cricket if they read such posts after serving consistantly well for over 15-20 years
Really' date=' really sad to see the tag of "world cup winner" being added to the name of such undeserving players who could only play because of an unfortunate injury to someone else and whose only contribution in the World Cup was being spanked out of the park by both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.[/quote'] Not really, the least he deserves. If he was mananged well and not sabotaged by Mahi, he would be leading paceman in all formats for India and one of the best seamers internationally. You may have forgotten how he bowled early on in T20i and ODI but I haven't. He is class. Of course no need to mention test cricket, because that is a format which he has also shown talent to succeed at. You rarely see naturally gifted compulsive wicket takers in generations. We found ours in Kerala :dance:
i am aginst to this nonsense of Remembering what happened centuries back will affect now.. be it Bajji,Ishanth,Irfan...now Sree daily people comes up with this logic i guess Sachin,Dravid , laxman etc may run away from cricket if they read such posts after serving consistantly well for over 15-20 years
Sree doesn't need to rely on past. He still has that mastery over swing, pace and seam.
:sick:
Not really' date=' the least he deserves. [b']If he was mananged well and not sabotaged by Mahi, he would be leading paceman in all formats for India and one of the best seamers internationally. You may have forgotten how he bowled early on in T20i and ODI but I haven't. He is class. Of course no need to mention test cricket, because that is a format which he has also shown talent to succeed at. You rarely see naturally gifted compulsive wicket takers in generations. We found ours in Kerala :dance:
yeah sure!!!! the only reason Sreesanth has failed to make it to the next level has been because of poor management and being sabotaged by Dhoni. The poor guy has himself done nothing which can warrant being dropped. He has never over appealed. He never used histrionics during play. He has never been known to be a cry baby. He never ever goes for more than 3 rpo in Test and 5 rpo in ODIs. He has never been into confrontations with opposition players. He has never ever irritate Dhoni (a Captain who has not been known to lose his cool except in this case).
and what has he got to show for bowling phaaaast :cantstop: He has to remember this - he can be the most talented player ever to have played the game but at the end of the day its performance that matters. If he does not perform then he can keep all that talent with himself, sit at home and watch others (who may be less talented than him) succeed.
yeah sure!!!! the only reason Sreesanth has failed to make it to the next level has been because of poor management and being sabotaged by Dhoni. The poor guy has himself done nothing which can warrant being dropped. He has never over appealed. He never used histrionics during play. He has never been known to be a cry baby. He never ever goes for more than 3 rpo in Test and 5 rpo in ODIs. He has never been into confrontations with opposition players. He has never ever irritate Dhoni (a Captain who has not been known to lose his cool except in this case).
Look at how Jayawardene backed Santh when he was captain of kochi tuskers kerala. Santh gestured at aussie coach because he wanted to drop the speedster despite him bowling well. Jaya backed him. Dhoni wouldn't have. Punter or Waugh would have used this guys talent to strengthen the team, not weaken. Nothing wrong with aggression on the field, he is competitive guy on the field. Even when I play games with old friend, on the pitch there is that aggression.
and what has he got to show for bowling phaaaast :cantstop: He has to remember this - he can be the most talented player ever to have played the game but at the end of the day its performance that matters. If he does not perform then he can keep all that talent with himself, sit at home and watch others (who may be less talented than him) succeed.
I don't need to keep discussing this. He has already proved in bursts in T20, ODI and tests that he is very good. He should now be given a run in ODI and tests when he comes back fit. He needs Dhoni backing and selectors. He is better than most our trashy bowlers. People who say he is 28, remember Zaheer only bowled well in certain periods in his career too. Sree is our future pace spearhead trust me, Ishu is no more than a supportive steady bowler.
Look at how Jayawardene backed Santh when he was captain of kochi tuskers kerala. Santh gestured at aussie coach because he wanted to drop the speedster despite him bowling well. Jaya backed him. Dhoni wouldn't have. Punter or Waugh would have used this guys talent to strengthen the team, not weaken. Nothing wrong with aggression on the field, he is competitive guy on the field. Even when I play games with old friend, on the pitch there is that aggression.
thats not aggression its plain Monkey behaviour....:giggle:
then why was shree left o the KTK squad for most of the match i remember vinay and r p played ahead of him many times
then why was shree left o the KTK squad for most of the match i remember vinay and r p played ahead of him many times
The aussie coach (can't remember name) said Sree was good but wanted a slower bowler to suit pitches, hence RP and Vinay were preferred. Sree wasn't dropped on form, but they wanted someone with more variations in Dernbach mould. That was the coach's theory which was a lot of crap.
I don't even consider Tontee Tontee as proper cricket but Sreesanth is a "special player" so I will even consider performances of IPL. Lets see - Kochi played 14 matches and despite all the confidence shown him by the Captain, Sreesanth played only 9 matches and picked up 7 wickets :adore: