Whole story of hyde and 123 act regarding nuclear deal with USA

Guest dada_rocks

Ur sentiments are ridiculous on many counts. first just because nuclear weapon status was not i the opne doesn't mean it was nto there.. and the very fact that within a week pakistan successfully did its own test confirms that. If anything that test made the status of both states out in opne and both nations have to keep that factor in mind while launchign any agression in near future.. There is no need to second-guess what other could do. To me this is positive development. I don't know how u come up with conclusion that voluntary moratorium made us lose our sovereignty on foreign polciies.. Yes deal has some big snag which has nothing to do with development of 98... What govt is assuring by verbal words could very well have been put in writing in the 123 act or hyde act..
bit of a controversy on that... in my sophomore year in 2001, we had a guest speaker give a lecture titled "China, and the enemy" (it was about how Chinese economic policies would impact united states and where could this country expect its next singlemost significant adversary to be. the lecture was virtually clairvoyant in predicted the prolific penetration of chinese businesses in american economy from mortgage loans to toys, and it also predicted that the next threat would come from small unstable states that would be a hot bed for weapons proliferation and training grounds for terrorists, eg. sudan, sub saharan nations, afghanistan and pakistan). in this lecture the speaker discussed the 1998 nuclear tests by india and pakistan at length. he claimed that the indian tests were rather unsuccessful and the weapon was far from ready for tacticle deployment. whereas the pakistani tests incorporated chinese made bombs which were also not very effecient.

Ur sentiments are ridiculous on many counts. first just because nuclear weapon status was not i the opne doesn't mean it was nto there.. and the very fact that within a week Pakistan successfully did its own test confirms that. If anything that test made the status of both states out in opne and both nations have to keep that factor in mind while launchign any agression in near future.. There is no need to second-guess what other could do. To me this is positive development.
Wrong! 1. The BJP govt's declaration of no first use option and Pakistan's refusal to the same equalizes our military strengths. 2. The immediate conflict that followed in Siachen proves that nookelear weapons in the hands of unstable nations with declared policy of first use makes them belligerent. 3. The sanctions that followed set India;s economic devp back by quite a few years.
I don't know how u come up with conclusion that voluntary moratorium made us lose our sovereignty on foreign policies..
neither do we hold the decades old moral advantage we had over our not signing the nookelear treaties, nor can we choose an independent path anymore, lest we incur the wrath of the Security Council nations and those European countries that are well adept at wielding the moral cosh on third world nations ever since they lost them as colonies.
Yes deal has some big snag which has nothing to do with development of 98... What govt is assuring by verbal words could very well have been put in writing in the 123 act or hyde act..
Sorry, didn't get you here. And could you please run a spell check before you press 'submit'?