My dream of being President

Mandrake

Khushwant Singh is one of the leading intellactuals of India. His works, in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Urdu is as good as any that we have produced in past century or so. Right wing Hindu fanatics would never understand him of course. Then again, it is exactly for people like them that Ksaab has quoted that line. Kitnee aasaanee say mashoor kiya hai khud ko, mainey apney say badey shakhs ko gaalee dee Lage raho Sardaarji, we all love you, well the sane one's anyway. :two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks

as usual u have nothing to say about his deeds mentionned here and u hide behind that buzzword hindu-fanatics.... keep it up:giggle: try hard and find me one good reason why this socalled intellectual was an a$$-wipe of establshiment in darkest hour of democratic India

Khushwant Singh is one of the leading intellactuals of India. His works, in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Urdu is as good as any that we have produced in past century or so. Right wing Hindu fanatics would never understand him of course. Then again, it is exactly for people like them that Ksaab has quoted that line. Kitnee aasaanee say mashoor kiya hai khud ko, mainey apney say badey shakhs ko gaalee dee Lage raho Sardaarji, we all love you, well the sane one's anyway. :two_thumbs_up:
you are siily when you keep saying right wing hindu fanatics!

try hard and find me one good reason why this socalled intellectual was an a$$-wipe of establshiment in darkest hour of democratic India
You are such a joke at times DR. All you could dig on this intellactual was something that happened 30 years back?? Well guess what 30 years or so back BJP leaders were falling head over heels for Indira Gandhi. Did you forget how Atal Bihari Vajpayee compared Indira to Durga during 1971?? Have not seen you mention anything on that ever. Talk of being a right wing fanatic. Now back to intellactualism Prove me that Khushwant Singh is not an intellactual. 1) Tell me how many books of his have you read. 2) Tell me which novelist/writer do you think has a bigger range that KSingh. 3) Tell me of novelists who have turned up better/more famous works than KSingh. Go ahead. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
You are such a joke at times DR. All you could dig on this intellactual was something that happened 30 years back?? Well guess what 30 years or so back BJP leaders were falling head over heels for Indira Gandhi. Did you forget how Atal Bihari Vajpayee compared Indira to Durga during 1971?? Have not seen you mention anything on that ever. Talk of being a right wing fanatic. Now back to intellactualism Prove me that Khushwant Singh is not an intellactual. 1) Tell me how many books of his have you read. 2) Tell me which novelist/writer do you think has a bigger range that KSingh. 3) Tell me of novelists who have turned up better/more famous works than KSingh. Go ahead. xxx
30 years or fifty years he is the same man still licking ar$es as per his conveneience journalistic integrity cud got to hell.. Again u have changed the question, point is india's darkest hour emergency and point me any of the intellectuals who give clean-chit to the daughter-son duo.. Many and range are u kidding me his books are sleaze-fest he cud not help putting it even in Train To pakistan.. Let us not even talk about those novels dwelling on male fantassies of "large penis". yes u heard me right I forgot the name of that book but the whole book this intellectual has dedicated to his male fantassy. . Besides his writership is not under scanner here, likes/dislikes for a fiction writer is very subjective thing, his behaviour in public life is ( for president's post one does look at those) given he was a journalist that means his journalisitic integrity and whichever way u look at he sucked big time........ What makes u think this guy will not play footsy as a president in case of similar misadventure.. zero regards for people who when needed most show rubbery spine and for the rest of the time keep roaring like lion..

30 years or fifty years he is the same man still licking ar$es as per his conveneience journalistic integrity cud got to hell.. Again u have changed the question, point is india's darkest hour emergency and point me any of the intellectuals who give clean-chit to the daughter-son duo..
Ridiculous. You are the one changing topics here. This topic is about a comment on Pratibha Patil and NOT on Khushwant Singh's character. You can not complain of a crime that you yourself started. And yes I say it again, BJP leaders were all prostrating infront of Indira Gandhi 30 years ago, why dont you pick that up to slaughter them?? Why this selective hypocracy?
Many and range are u kidding me his books are sleaze-fest he cud not help putting it even in Train To pakistan..
And what exactly do you mean by "not even" in Train to Pakistan??? FACT : Some of the greatest books in literature world have had erotica in it. But then right wingers like you would NOT understand it. FACT: Train to Pakistan is one of modern India's greatest works. Dont make yourself look like a fool complaining about it.
Let us not even talk about those novels dwelling on male fantassies of "large penis". yes u heard me right I forgot the name of that book but the whole book this intellectual has dedicated to his male fantassy. .
So let me get this straight now. I asked you to prove that KSingh is not an intellactual and the best you could come up with were: a) A hidden attack on Train to Pakistan, which only makes you look like a orthodox Christian nun since the book, and its contents is widely celebrated. b) A "penis" book whose name beats you!!! This when you have the galls to write about him, "a so-called intellactual"? Why should I not think of you as an illiterate and uninformed person when it comes to Khushwant Singh then??
Besides his writership is not under scanner here, likes/dislikes for a fiction writer is very subjective thing, his behaviour in public life is ( for president's post one does look at those) given he was a journalist that means his journalisitic integrity and whichever way u look at he sucked big time........
You are suggesting that the man is anything but intellactual and feel free to smear some cr@ppy "his book on penis" comments. Atleast when you criticize a man read/understand and then judge him. I repeat again, KSingh is one of modern India's greatest writer-intellactucal. Prove me wrong. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
Ridiculous. You are the one changing topics here. This topic is about a comment on Pratibha Patil and NOT on Khushwant Singh's character. You can not complain of a crime that you yourself started. And yes I say it again, BJP leaders were all prostrating infront of Indira Gandhi 30 years ago, why dont you pick that up to slaughter them?? Why this selective hypocracy? And what exactly do you mean by "not even" in Train to Pakistan??? FACT : Some of the greatest books in literature world have had erotica in it. But then right wingers like you would NOT understand it. FACT: Train to Pakistan is one of modern India's greatest works. Dont make yourself look like a fool complaining about it. So let me get this straight now. I asked you to prove that KSingh is not an intellactual and the best you could come up with were: a) A hidden attack on Train to Pakistan, which only makes you look like a orthodox Christian nun since the book, and its contents is widely celebrated. b) A "penis" book whose name beats you!!! This when you have the galls to write about him, "a so-called intellactual"? Why should I not think of you as an illiterate and uninformed person when it comes to Khushwant Singh then?? You are suggesting that the man is anything but intellactual and feel free to smear some cr@ppy "his book on penis" comments. Atleast when you criticize a man read/understand and then judge him. I repeat again, KSingh is one of modern India's greatest writer-intellactucal. Prove me wrong. xxx
Which BJP leader was prostrating before idnia gandhi in darkest hours of evergency or otherwise wud love to know? U know ur words don't have much value wud like to see some reference.. Go check my post again i have quipped on prospect of this a$$-wipe being better president than patil and juxtaposed how is no different than patil as far as boot-licking is concerned.. I am sure pratibha patil an indepedent journalist wud have done better than this senile man.. First prove urself right , I say he is a dim-wit pondy writer who sells his books by peppering it with dose of sleaze.. and to top it all is a biggest ar$e licker that ever was going by noone else supported emergency excpet communazis that has credence.. nwo prove me wrong.. Popular or otherwise Train to Pakistan does have extra dose of sleaze .. Whether I remember the other pondy book dedicated to his "big dong" depraved fantassy ( I am sure we are nto debating my recollection capacity) or nto it remains a sleaze fest.. A guy studying in USA starts with a black girl and goes on sexing up whoever come in his way that's the story-line.. I say sleaze-ball.. prove me wrong.. PS: Once again I am not least worried about how well or badly he writes I am worried about what he does in face of adversity ; stands up or stars licking ar$e.. very important for someone for being posted in Raisina Hills

Which BJP leader was prostrating before idnia gandhi in darkest hours of evergency or otherwise wud love to know? U know ur words don't have much value wud like to see some reference..
Since you are being selective about Emergency I am going to be selective avout 1971 war and bring what Vajpayee said then, "Indira is Durga" with all the BJP leaders prostrating infront of Mrs G. So why dont you go ahead and chastise some of your ideal leaders now?
Go check my post again i have quipped on prospect of this a$$-wipe being better president than patil and juxtaposed how is no different than patil as far as boot-licking is concerned.. I am sure pratibha patil an indepedent journalist wud have done better than this senile man..
And using the same logic I have also proved very conclusively that Vajpayee would be one step ahead of Khushwant Singh(or Pratibha Patil).
First prove urself right , I say he is a dim-wit pondy writer who sells his books by peppering it with dose of sleaze.. and to top it all is a biggest ar$e licker that ever was going by noone else supported emergency excpet communazis that has credence.. nwo prove me wrong..
Which only means you are clueless when it comes to reading quality books. Here are a couple of questions to you again. Be more clear this time, no namby pamby "penis books whose name beats me". 1) How many books by KSingh have you read? Name them. 2) Show me a few writers in Indian literary scene that have as good a range and have produced books that are widely appreciated. Show me your reading side, or the lack of it. And be clear.
Popular or otherwise Train to Pakistan does have extra dose of sleaze ..
Not popular but a milestone. And who are you to define what is "extra" in a book? It was written by KSingh, not you! Go write your own book and be ultra conservative. Which brings me to another question. 3) Name me 3 books that are as celebrated as Train to Pakistan, specially on the topic it deals with(partition).
Whether I remember the other pondy book dedicated to his "big dong" depraved fantassy ( I am sure we are nto debating my recollection capacity) or nto it remains a sleaze fest.. A guy studying in USA starts with a black girl and goes on sexing up whoever come in his way that's the story-line.. I say sleaze-ball.. prove me wrong..
Now this is hilarious to say the least. Here is a gentleman who has written books about Partition, has written books about history of Delhi, has written books on Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, has written books on history of Sikhs etc etc etc. Now you come along and read one of his books that deals exclusively with "dong" and you have the gall to raise question marks lol... Dont you think it would be better to pick his seminal works and then see for yourself? It is like picking Sachin's innings of today(8 or 9 runs) and then go about suggesting "Sachin is ultrahyped and cr@p player". By the way what book and context are you on about. Give me a bit of elaboration and I might be able to recall. xxx