Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

It gets very interesting then during the early part of next year when Nadal has all that defending to do in the clay season. You'd expect him to win a few tournaments, the only man capable of beating him is Novak on clay, so this rivalary which is already the greatest the sport has ever seen will just continue to grow.
Nadal most likely won't be repeating his this year's performance. But he has a cushion of 2 grand slams where he has zero points to defend. That's a lot of points, if he stays healthy I expect him to retain his number #1 rank at least till about this time next year.
But also realistically we've only got a max 18 months of them playing SFs and finals, they are now about to enter that phase where their level gradually drops and the younger guys start to improve.
That is true but the younger guys(age group 20-24) are not showing any promise and because of that the current top players will have an extended run. A 75-80% Novak or Rafa is still better than most of the guys on tour, especially in GS.

Nadal most likely won't be repeating his this year's performance. But he has a cushion of 2 grand slams where he has zero points to defend. That's a lot of points, if he stays healthy I expect him to retain his number #1 rank at least till about this time next year. That is true but the younger guys(age group 20-24) are not showing any promise and because of that the current top players will have an extended run. A 75-80% Novak or Rafa is still better than most of the guys on tour, especially in GS.
Yes, time to pull out the calculators again, Rafa has potentially 4000 points to collect from two slams where he has 0 points. I can't see him winning Wimbledon, or in fact getting even to the Semis cause he gets bullied on the quicker surfaces, What you're saying is a 75% Novak/Rafa would beat a 100% Dimitrov or Benoit Paire, but I don't think that's right. I think a Novak or Rafa playing at four fifths of their full level would still beat them.

What you're saying is a 75% Novak/Rafa would beat a 100% Dimitrov or Benoit Paire, but I don't think that's right. I think a Novak or Rafa playing at four fifths of their full level would still beat them.
So u think that percentage is 80 at which Novak or Rafa would beat rest of the guys while zep says it is 75%. Is that the only difference or I am missing some thing?

Yes' date=' time to pull out the calculators again, Rafa has potentially 4000 points to collect from two slams[b'] where he has 0 points. I can't see him winning Wimbledon, or in fact getting even to the Semis cause he gets bullied on the quicker surfaces,
I am not sure why one would need a calculator to do 2x2000=4000. :haha: FYI he has 10 points from this year's Wimbledon but he just needs to appear there to regain those, so technically he isn't defending anything as long as he shows up.
What you're saying is a 75% Novak/Rafa would beat a 100% Dimitrov or Benoit Paire, but I don't think that's right. I think a Novak or Rafa playing at four fifths of their full level would still beat them.
I think now I understand why you need to pull out the calculator all the time. :hysterical:

Nadal through, interesting match shortly coming up, Djokovic vs Verdasco, Verdasco has a potent 2nd serve, one of the most dangeous on tour. Nadal coasting through as expected. The one big surprise for me this tournament is Novak and Stan Wawrinka playing doubles, did not see that one coming.

Nadal comes from a set and a break down to beat Fognini. Nadal fans saying this was an amazing fight back, nothing of the sort. Fognini choken big time, even a semi decent point and he'd have won the match. But as usual, Nadal grinding his opponents down.

Gasquet playing a very high level at the moment, some sumptuous shots from him. He's serving very well. I hope this isn't a long match else once again as so many finals this year, Nadal goes into the final against an opponent who's played a long match. Interesting 5th game in the first set between these two, gone on for several mins now.

I think it's a long long time coming, but Djokovic has to be the greatest attacking returner the game has ever seen. When his movement and flexibility decline, his returning will too and that's when a lot of guys can take advantage of him. Until then, you've got to enjoy his returning cause at times it's outrageous and that is arguably the hardest part of a tennis player's make up.

A good win for Djoko against Nadal. Some really entertaining rallies.
Actually of their recent matches, I think it was by far and way the most boring. Djokovic crushed him. In fact the scoreline flatters Nadal, Djokovic was in toying mode throughout and once he got the breaks was just swinging at everything. Hopefully we see some quicker HCs the remainder of this year and next year because it allows the shotmakers to flourish. Nadal and his posse of fans will no doubt be happy about his dominance this year. But I'd like to see how next year pans out, does he remain dominant or do Murray and especially Djokovic get their **** together. Raghav_12 and Zep, I'd just like to take this opportunity to :finger:. Been a long time coming.