Harsha Bhogle

Harsha is boring. His commentary is stereotypic. He keeps forgetting that he is actually commenting on a cricket game and not writing a book or something. He gets anecdotal/deep for useless reasons.
That is a generation shift Sriram. Harsha belong to the rare, and ever dwindling breed, of old-school commentators who were taught not to comment unless they could add something to the proceedings. I shudder to think what you would have felt had you listened to the old commentators on radio(specially TMS) who would talk everything about families sitting watching a game, comment on how a certain player might be thinking after being beaten successfully for 3 consecutive deliveries. This in essence, I dare say, shall take away the art of cricket. It is becoming more and more mechanical these days, statistical driven and now anti-anecdotal. xxx
That is a generation shift Sriram. Harsha belong to the rare, and ever dwindling breed, of old-school commentators who were taught not to comment unless they could add something to the proceedings. I shudder to think what you would have felt had you listened to the old commentators on radio(specially TMS) who would talk everything about families sitting watching a game, comment on how a certain player might be thinking after being beaten successfully for 3 consecutive deliveries. This in essence, I dare say, shall take away the art of cricket. It is becoming more and more mechanical these days, statistical driven and now anti-anecdotal. xxx
WTF?????? He does not stop talking, its like he is in a talking race. On TMS you have to talk all the time as you are on the radio. On the TV you can have long pauses of silence as the pictures do the talking. Ridiculous post from Lurker
WTF?????? He does not stop talking, its like he is in a talking race. On TMS you have to talk all the time as you are on the radio. On the TV you can have long pauses of silence as the pictures do the talking. Ridiculous post from Lurker
And you butt in uninvited, as usual. My comments were about Sriram and his critique of Harsha commenting about anecdotes. You should read my reply in that regard. As for his fast talk, I dont have problems with it. Apparently most dont considering Harsha is the most popular Indian commentator. You may not agree with that and thats all fine as well. xxx
Well if you dont want people to analyse and respond to your posts or but in as you put it! Then I feel a worldwide internet forum is not the place for you!
That doesnt answer my point, does it now? My question is not very complex DSR. Here let me repeat again. My post was in response to Sriram's comment about anecdotes by Harsha and I replied to him. Your criticism to my post had little to do with anything. You just assumed I was defending Harsha and his "fast talk". Now again, do you have a problem with my comments to Sriram? You are more than welcome to critique my post about anecdotes etc. but stop getting riled up for nothing. xxx