Golden farce: The 'shortlist' for the FIFA World Player of the Year

Sooda

that was considered great at that time!! and the argument about Zidane playing as a left wing forward or left midfield is so stupid, because it all depends on formation. 4-3-3 and he would be playing as forward, 4-4-2 and he would play as left midfield. Teams routinely change formation during games as well - so stop bickering about his position!! oh god...
No, it wasn't. The only reason Maradona top scored was because Van Basten was injured. The next season, the Dutch legend and Inter's Serena scored over 20+, IIRC. 20+ has always been the benchmark - in fact, it was easier to score 20+ back then since leagues went as long as 41 matches. Zidane never played as a forward - NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. No matter what the formation. Real Madrid never played 4-3-3 either and Juventus certainly didn't. Get it through your head.

Zidane never played as a forward - NEVER' date=' NEVER, NEVER. No matter what the formation. Real Madrid never played 4-3-3 either and Juventus certainly didn't. Get it through your head.[/quote'] I mentioned in my previous posts that Zidane played amf. I was just trying to point out why the discussion whether he was a left wing forward or midfield was pointless.