Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. As we are marking time, let's review another of Sachin's innings. The 240 odd in Australia on the last tour........made I think at Sydney. What a boring innings that was !! The proceedings following up to that innings was not dissimilar to what has happened in SA. Sachin pooped thru Tests 1 and 2 and 3...........failing thru-out with some help from Umpire Bucknor. In test 4, he decided not to play outside his off stumps......no cover drive, no off drive....no square-cut............he made 242 or something like that....all on the leg-side............BUT it was BORING and almost put me to sleep. Big total in the end.........but very boring for someone like me brought up on the swashbucklin Richards and Lara.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Again, did you even watch it? Just to make sure since you're very adept at making baseless comments without actually watching. But yes, that was indeed a boring innings by SRT's standard :hic:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Anakin...........compare that innings with the 167 made by Laxman on the last match of the previous tour. Laxman's knock was scintillatingly exciting. Sachin's 240 follow-up though was Boringly Disappointing, especially for someone called the Master Blaster. Actually, some people wanted to call him the Master Boredom ! :lol::lol::lol:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. I'm sure you're just trying to annoy people. If you wanna compare innings don't be so random. Go watch 92 series and a 19 yr old kid or 98 series or even 2001 series. But I'm sure your intention behind this thread is different.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time.

Basically to show that Sachin sits a distant third in the Indian pantheon. I think this debate has conclusively proved this.
Nah, it just proves how you chew out the same bs without any reasoning

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. But don't be shy to enlighten us why the FTB didn't find enough pressure from the best bowlers of the era Great logic, every loss by laura is because of the team, are you a lawyer :lol:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time.

Look..........both Sachin and Lara are flat track bullies..........undoubtedly ! However, in crunch situations...........Lara personally performs at least 1.75 times Sachin ! Perhaps 2.0 times. And scintillatingly so !!
LMAO, SRT has been called a lot of things, but never heard FTB. Good one. Thanks for wasting enough time. Although it's pretty obvious you just wanna argue with some imagination in your fertile mind rather than facts, but thanks for an excuse to waste time at work :hic:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Anakin..............did or did not Sachin make one of his double centuries in the match that the Lankans made 1,000 runs and India responded with 800 (approx) ??? And has or has not Sachin murdered the poor Bangladeshis on their flat pitches and poor bowling attacks ???

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Yeah, that's why he's got mid 50s avg away, while as you'd know what a HUGE minefield the Antigua ground is. BTW never really understood why Ganguly has so close away avg to the greatest FTB ever lived (with possible exception of MoYo).