Breaking News: Kaif ne reporter ko pita (Kaif roughed up a journo)

Guest dada_rocks

Team India discard Mohammad Kaif felt repentant and patched up with the press photographer whom he had roughed up for taking his snaps which led to a protest by the media fraternity here and an FIR being lodged in the name of the cricketer. Kaif termed the whole episode as a "misunderstanding", and shook hands with the photographer at the office of City Deputy Superintendent of Police, K I P Singh and wished the scribe "all the best". "Everybody makes mistakes in life. There was some misunderstanding and things got out of control," Kaif, the Uttar Pradesh captain said. Asked what would happen to the FIR which was registered Thursday against Kaif, Singh said "it still stand as of now, though we will take legal view on how to proceed next." The photographer of the Hindi daily tried to take Kaif's picture while he was coming out of a cinema hall yesterday night and was roughed up. Kaif said he was not able to sleep for the whole night after the incident and could not practice properly at the PCA stadium in Mohali, where his team will take on Punjab in a Ranji encounter on Friday. "As a player, I had come here to play the match. I had never thought I would have to come to police station and get chased by the media," Kaif told reporters this evening at Sector 36 police station. Asked to comment on last night's incident, he said he wants to put it behind as a "bad experience" of his life from which he had learnt a lesson.