Pankaj Singh!

Chaos

Pankaj Singh wants to increase his pace Rookie paceman Pankaj Singh, who has been named in India's Test squad for the upcoming tour of Australia, is keen to increase his pace to be able to capitalise on the fast and bouncy tracks Down Under. The 22-year-old Rajasthan speedster said it was a great honour to represent the country and will try to grab the opportunity with both hands by being disciplined in his bowling. "Of course I am happy. It's a great honour to represent the country. I had always dreamt of this day. I worked hard and have been rewarded for the consistent performances in the past one-and-a-half years," Pankaj, who already has 26 wickets in five Ranji Super League matches this season, told PTI. He is already licking his lips at the prospect of utilising the pace-friendly conditions in Australia. "I would love to bowl on Australian wickets which are hard and bouncy. If I get a chance, I would love to bowl and learn on tour as Australia is famous for hard and intense cricket," Pankaj, who idolises Kapil Dev and Glenn McGrath, said. If Pankaj makes it to the playing eleven in a Test, he would be the first player from Rajasthan to represent India after Partha Sarthi Sharma last played Test cricket in 1977. Batsman Gagan Khoda, another cricketer from the state, played two one-day internationals for India. http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=1221a29d-2158-4361-a8c6-57e81aa745f9&&IsCricket=true&Headline=Pankaj+wants+to+increase+his+pace