ICL Finals : Chennai Superstars Vs Chandigarh Lions

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
Actually TN beat Punjab in the T20 finals:D
TN did beat Punjab in the finals...but TN also beat a Mumbai side with Sachin in it earlier, to qualify for finals... Tamil Nadu 172 for five off 20 overs (S Anirudh 49, V Devendra 30, Rohit Sharma two for 21) beat Mumbai 157 for eight off 20 overs (Sachin Tendulkar 68, Rohit Sharma 25, P Amarnath two for 28, A Ganapathy three for 15). I remember this game, it was when the wc was going on. Anirudh Srikkanth had got 49 off 39 balls, and later Sachin had encouraged him with some advice too
TN did beat Punjab in the finals...but TN also beat a Mumbai side with Sachin in it earlier, to qualify for finals... Tamil Nadu 172 for five off 20 overs (S Anirudh 49, V Devendra 30, Rohit Sharma two for 21) beat Mumbai 157 for eight off 20 overs (Sachin Tendulkar 68, Rohit Sharma 25, P Amarnath two for 28, A Ganapathy three for 15). I remember this game, it was when the wc was going on. Anirudh Srikkanth had got 49 off 39 balls, and later Sachin had encouraged him with some advice too
any links for this game ? i mean scorecards
Guest HariSampath

wow...just look at that Mumbai team..bowling with Zak, Agarkar, Salvi and powar...batting Sachin , Rohit, Jaffer, Muzumdar et al. TN had some good hitters too...Devendran and Badani were recruited by ICL ( good judgements), and guys like Ashwin ( off spinner and top Ranji wkt taker, BCCI best young cricketer) and Amarnath are very good prospects. I think Amarnath will surely play next season as I posted elsewhere. Anirudh Srikkanth has been dropped from state ranji side, but he is more an one day player and will play in IPL