People responsible for the SCG farce

Guest BossBhai

You never come up with a list of such errors. With due respect ... you(or me) saying Hawk eye is faulty does not amount to evidence. And then there is the case of Cricinfo spending millions of $$ to acquire Hawk Eye .... do you think they are stupid to buy a faulty technology and worse get in trouble with the draconian ICC if it turned out that it was a faulty tool ? Same goes with other sports that have adopted Hawk eye.
That is no argument at all! As a person with IT background you should know how a vast majority of amount spent on softwares never provide the return on investment. Sure its not always the tools fault, but often it is the deficiency between user expectation and the tool. The question that needs to be asked is - If Hawkeye is so good then why has it not been implemented 100% atleast on 2nd tier International level?
And I still await a reasonable response backed up by some sort of facts on the "Human element = charming" excuse that most of the old fashioned people love soo much.
You are bsing as usual. Show me ONE post in this thread of the other where I have mentioned Human element = charming. Just ONE post shall suffice. Please show me or admit you are just plain insinuating. xxx
Guest dada_rocks
You are making a big mistake here. Those that support umpires and are not too keen on technology are also the first to wish that umpiring is of top standard. You somehow mean to suggest that only those who worry about technology worry about fair decision. No. In the end the argument is always about fair decisions, and most of the folks who advocate human touch in the middle do it because of their faith, or lack thereof, in technology and how correct it is. You have to understand that line of logic before you go about chastising - Where are those yada yada.
Wish:hysterical: but not really do anythign about it.. i too wish islamic terrorism ends but job doesn;t end at wish one got to take steps to fulfill that wish..
First of all Hawk eye is not a run-of-the-mill IT tool. It finds its origin in missile tracking technology ... and its far more than a "Software" Secondly its designed and developed by people with sound grounding in Science and Technology and a reputaion that is at stake - unlike the ICC and its minnions. just no comparison to our world.
What run of the mill tool? You have companies investing millions in SAP and DW tools and getting no return on investment. Ask me I shall give you enough examples on this. As for missile tracking technology, big deal. Most Defence and hi-senstive organization use hi-profile tools that are often badly implemented and taxpayers lose a lot of money. Point being spending millions is no argument for making a tool useful.
Because there is no shortage of people who swear by the charm of the game and all that ... facts be damned and most importantly they also happen to run the ICC and obviously are not accountable to anybody.
So basically for the 2nd time you are quoting things that I dont even care about. Surely you should raise this question to people who are into charms etc, I am not sure why I would defend/criticize that line really.
Ok fair enough i will take your word. Then whats your view on this ... ? You dont trust technology and you are sort of pro-establishment. If not why are we even arguing here ? :D:P
I prefer human umpiring where it is best set to give the result. For example no ball. I cant see how technology can do that, unless give out a beep or something when bowler steps over the line etc. Similarly with close lbw calls where Hawkeye and Infra-red are still suspect. But I have no issues with line calls, stumping, run out etc, and I can see the point of adding catches to that list as well. xxx
Wish but not really do anythign about it.. i too wish islamic terrorism ends but job doesn;t end at wish one got to take steps to fulfill that wish..
We need to add an emoticon here where I can pull down my pants and moon you after such gems! Subah sabere Islamic extremism in a thread about Bucknors :((
And just typing that over a anonymous internet forum is more reliable source how ?
Ah so there we go. Personal comments start to roll in when point doesnt get made. Your argument about tool A being great because millions were spent does not hold water. Give me better evidence next time.
what about LBW's which is the cause for most controversies ... surely atleast the replay with tramline will avoid soo many errors as accepted by ICC itself when it was trialed in the ICC-KO tourney in 2002 ?
I am not convinced Hawkeyes are best for LBW. Even if there is a margin of error I will go with the umpire on this one. The reason why technology is used for line decisions is because it is cut and dry. This is also the reason why it is used in tennis and other games. LBW is not cut and dry and hence I am not convinced(yet) on Hawkeye. xxx
It does because its developed by professionals and its tried and tested. Just because SAP is crap doesnt mean all softwares are crap. And more importantly if its soo crap why dont you produce a list of these errors seeing how Hawl eye has been in production for years and now used by all TV production companies.
Ridiculous comment. You obviously dont understand, or even make an effort to understand, a different point of view. SAP is a well respected tool and one of the best(and largest) in the business. Thats not the issue. The issue is how companies implement it and find a lag between expectation and deliverable. This line is important since I am not sure hawkeye delivers. Your argument has NOT been how Hawkeye has aced every test by ICC/BCCI etc, you only hold on to how millions were spent, and that clearly is no indicator of the tool. xxx
Guest HariSampath
No I dont. Where have I abused you in this thread??? Please show me.
You have....see posts above in this thread....and also...stop sending me filthy abusive PMs....you gotta be banned for this....disgraceful
You have....see posts above in this thread....and also...stop sending me filthy abusive PMs....you gotta be banned for this....disgraceful
Huh? What PMs?? I never send PMs. Are you sure its me Hari? I havent even uttered an abuse towards you in this thread. Please confirm that you arent joking and I will ask the MODS to look into whats going on.
Wouldnt it be obvious that people investing in it would have done all that ? Are you insulting the intelligence of people incharge of ESPN ? Yes I didnt state this explicitly but I thought it was a obvious thing. Would you buy a product that is not guranteed to do what it is supposed to and is not reliable .. when you are spending Millions ?
People do it all the time. Forget big companies isnt that what ordinary people do when it comes to using credit card? Again i say spending millions is NOT the line that makes a tool better.
And moreover you seem to be oblivious to the fact that Hawk eye has indeed passed all the rigourous tests ... which is common knowledge. Ditto for Hawk eye in other sports.
Like what? When it is used on live cricket most commentators, if not all, find reservations with it. Can you show me how many of them, Indiand and non-Indians, support it? Not for the line arguments(stumping etc) but for lbw and so on.
Guest HariSampath
Huh? What PMs?? I never send PMs. Are you sure its me Hari? I havent even uttered an abuse towards you in this thread. Please confirm that you arent joking and I will ask the MODS to look into whats going on.
Dunno...ask Mods to look into it ( ICC refree)...I say you have sent me filthy PMs....you say no....and BB and Shwethabh are ICC refrees..and they rule you have..so you are banned.. I say you have abused me.....you say you haven't and ask where....I say NO NEED....I just FEEL you have abused me...so you are OUT...( caught behind...lbw....get the picture)... Lurks...if you were to bat against me in the above circumstances....I can get you "OUT"...10 times in 10 balls Get it NOW ??? Umpires verdict is FINAl.....( BB and Shwethabh are umpires....and you are "dismissed " 10 times for personal abuse/lbw/filthy PMs/caught behind etc).....