I really really dont understand this

Ram

What in the world is happening to the rules on the over-rate ? Session after session, day after day, match after match, Aus have bowled with pathetic over-rates and I dont remember them being fined at all, even once. What are the geriatrics in charge at the ICC doing, other than making sure their retirement plan is all in place? I mean, 21 overs in a session is absolutely shocking and its not just about over-rates here. Even from a cricketing point of view, you give the bowling side an unfair advantage if you allow them to take their own sugar time, lumbering between overs, which means the special-class Aussie bowlers have much more time to recover from fatigue and hence, have a better chance to bowl out the opposition batsman better. And for God's sake, why does Ponting take eons to set field with his bowler, like as though he is hatching the plot for the next Terminator movie starring Arnold. I would even go to the extent of calling this a minor form of match-fixing ! For once, the laggards at the headquarters of ICC in Dubai should try to enforce the rules, rather than just live it up by driving around in the Mercedes loaned by the Sheiks, or spend the entire afteroon, reminiscing on their late-night adventures with belly-dancing Arab women !

Careful, mm. You may get called a troll. I dared to point out Anil and team couldn't bowl the 90 overs in time - even though the spinners bowled 44 of them - on one of the early days of this series. You are using a well known blind spot to aim this criticism only at the Aussies. Especially when it comes to labouriously setting fields. Thank goodness Gangs hasn't had many overs. Having said that, I totally agree about over rates. At one stage, the Windies almost killed off Test cricket with their apalling daily over rate. The ICC brought in the '90 overs a day' stipulation but .... :deal: :whatchutalkingabout