Dhoni should be dropped!

He must be axed from test side. His batting was woeful. Did not pass 50 once in this series. His glovework was decent but thats no good without runs. With quality batters like Karthick and Patel waiting in the wings, one of these guys need a run and deserve it. I would say karthick as his glovework is top notch and he has proved he can score consisitent runs at this level. He would be great coming in at 7. However, I fear Dhonis celebrity status will mean he is virtually undroppable which is a disgrace!

I think his keeping is way better than Karthik's right now. (PP can be brought back but it all depends on how well he has been keeping). Anyway Dhoni definitely deserves another series. But still, has there ever been an ODI captain who wasn't even part of the test squad? (Adam Hollioake?)

Guest HariSampath
I agree! But why shouldn't it happen?
because his keeping as well as his batting record last few tests is much better than KKD, as well as throughout career
Guest HariSampath

KKD and his glove work was there for all to see and he is the worst wk world has seen in 130 years of cricket, he cant catch a cold. Dhoni has been brilliant in stumpings as well as catching, and his batting over last 3 test series has been good too. He averfages 35 in last 3 test series, far better than KKD

you gotta be kiddin
NO. Not sure why people are slating karthicks keeping he is much better then Dhoni. A lot of people I bet have barely seen Karthick keep. He is a natural keeprer while Dhoni is manufactured. Just like some people say only one bad series with the bat for Dhoni also it is also only one good series with the gloves for dhoni. Dont forget how he struggled with the gloves in England
KKD and his glove work was there for all to see and he is the worst wk world has seen in 130 years of cricket' date= he cant catch a cold. Dhoni has been brilliant in stumpings as well as catching, and his batting over last 3 test series has been good too. He averfages 35 in last 3 test series, far better than KKD
oru tamiliana ivaalvvu avamana paduthunuma??? I reckon it was far better than kamran Akmal, off late....:cantstop:
Guest HariSampath
oru tamiliana ivaalvvu avamana paduthunuma??? I reckon it was far better than kamran Akmal' date=' off late....:cantstop:[/quote'] venumna KKD tamil nadu teamku mattum keep pannattum :-)
dhoni struggled in seaming conditions in england and it was his first tour with zaheer/rp and sree gettin prodigious swing once the ball went past stumps ....even matt prior fumbled notwithstandin that he has always kept wickets in those conditions. kaarthick looked like a novice in bangalore ....enough said
O i see you all ready to forgive dhoni for a bad series with the gloves. But for Karthick to have one bad game he must be castigated for ever. Dont forget Karthick has not been keeping much as always a fielder. Guarantee if has a run with gloves he will show his class. He is a natural keeper
Guest HariSampath
You people can agree to disagree on this issue. But one can hardly find fault with Dhoni's glove work during this series. It is his batting that has caused us worries.
Dhoni has kept superbly this series as well as Pak series. KKD gave record number byes and dropped everything in sight. Dhoni's stumpings and catching has been excellent ( even if those stumpings were not given), and he has hardly dropped anything. He is supposed to be weak in batting...but hey, check the stats. Saved the Lord's test for us with batting. Got more runs at the Oval than KKD Major contribution to India winning Delhi test with his 57 and partnership with AK and VVS Got a quickfire 50 at Kolkatta when we declared and also 37 Didnt play at Bangalore Aussie series : 35 at Sydney ( when we collapsed and lost), 38 at Perth ( from 125-5 to 235-7 Dhoni batted, BIG difference that made in game's result) So whats all this about Dhoni being a failure with bat ??

Dhoni averages 36 compared to Karthicks 32. Considering Karthick is 22 and 4 years younger. And also has had to open the batting which is far harder then coming in at 7. I believe Karthick should now replace Dhoni and have a good run in side. Karthick did very well opening the batting and showed in many innings a lot of class