Most exciting event that you saw in a World Cup?

head coach

Re: Most exciting event that you saw in a World Cup?

Yep; but that '96 semi vs WI was something else. It was quite literally extracting a victory out of what was a 100% certain loss. They were 160 for 2 chasing 200 !!! ...that Chuttiah Chuckerlitharan couldn't dream of performances like that.
Ouch, why such bitter words for murali ____________ but wasn't it tough to turn it around in english conditions, not sure if mohali as turning that much

WI's embarrassing collapse vs AUS in the '96 semi-final...precipitated by none other than that genius; the greatest spinner of all time - Shane Warne. That comeback was the stuff of dreams.
imo the biggest difference in that match was effected by leg umpire BC Cooray. it was 180-odd for 6 or 7, Richardson screamed a perfectly hit sweep shot into what looked like a vacant gap and a surefire 4. but wait, umpire BC Cooray, dozing off at fine leg in the heartstopping moments of a WC semifinal, does not move in time and gets hit plum on the head. no runs are taken because heck this man is down, no extra ball is given. RR denied 4, WI lose by 5.

2003 was the best in my eyes... 3 careers ended in that match.... Anwar, Akram and Waqar... shoaib ended his bad mouthing against India for good... and i think it was also the first match we played safter kargil war
I like this!

2003 was the best in my eyes... 3 careers ended in that match.... Anwar, Akram and Waqar... shoaib ended his bad mouthing against India for good... and i think it was also the first match we played safter kargil war
Sure sounds sensational but those 3 were on the verge of retiring anyways, they just dragged it till the end Remember Miandad during 96 WC