Weather will be a big challenge for India - Rohit Sharma

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/asia-cup-2018-weather-will-be-a-big-challenge-for-india-rohit-sharma/story-brJRQg4qT5vgE6k7O11MjK.html

“Lot of spots are up for grabs like Nos 3, 4 and 6. All these guys (Kedar, Manish, Rayudu) are eyeing for those slots. We want to give chances to as many guys for this particular series. In this tournament, we need to seal the batting slot Nos 4 and 6,” Rohit said on the eve of the opener against Hong Kong.

“They are both important members of this team. Rayudu was originally part of England series and similarly Kedar before his injury. It was unfortunate that they couldn’t play for some time and I am very happy that both are back in the team. I expect them to win matches for India,” said Rayudu.

“I haven’t thought about it right now. We want to see how each individual react to different situations. At the same time, we want to give chance to as many guys as possible but also give more opportunities to those who are consistent. We would see how individuals respond to conditions and take decisions accordingly,” said Rohit.

“We saw him in Sri Lanka and we already have two right handed throwdown experts (Raghu and Sanjay Bangar). We will play in Australia and even in Asia Cup, where will face a few left-armers. It is a great move BCCI and is quite accurate with what he does. He is a great addition to our team.”

“Khaleel Ahmed is a great addition and has tools to succeed at the highest level,” the skipper said.

“The wicket isn’t that bad. It’s going to get slower and slower as the match progresses. The first match we need to figure out the dimension of the ground and things like that,” he added.

“It will be a challenge as a lot of our guys are coming from England. Some of us have been here for four days now and we are getting used to it.”

“We are treating every opposition equally. We are looking at what we want to do as a team and if we do that a lot of worries and issues will take care of itself. Yes, the conditions are not going to be that easy. But it’s game time now and we have to focus on the match.”

“I am excited as well as nervous. It is a big tournament for me. I know all the boys well. I understand them well which is necessary,” he signed off.

Edited by Switchblade