WC - Do you prefer 300+ score in matches?

head coach

Nature of WC pitch in WI is highly debated. Do you like to see a pitch where batsmen cruise to 300+ or do you like to see a pitch where 250 is a decent score to defend? When India visited WI the pitches were slow and 250 was a decent score but according to Lara the new pitches could be a batsman's paradise. Anyway we'll have to wait but what would you prefer a real contest with bat and ball or a fight against who wins with the bat?

Re: WC - Do you prefer 300+ score in matches? Low 200 scores. Nothing is more exciting than watching two sides tussle in a low-scoring contest. In such matches; every run scored is cheered and appreciated because it seems all the more vital in the context of the game. We also get to see the quality batsmen being separated from the average ones. You won't be seeing any of that in WI, though. The pitches will be dead - prepared specifically for the purpose of lasting 100 overs so that the advertisers can get the full value for their money. This is terrible for the game; as now i have begun to lose my appreciation for those collossal run-chases which used to be treated like once in a lifetime feats. I can recall how incredibly astonished i was when India chased a record 315 against Pakistan @ Dhaka back in '98, Tendulkar hitting Mahmood for 4 consecutive boundaries, Ganguly launching Saqlain far back into the stands, Robin Singh and Mongia's suicidal running and Kanitkar's swipe which went for 4 and finished the game when 3 were needed off 2 balls...it's still so clear, and i will remember it for many more years. A similar result in today's game would be something i could easily shrug off and won't remember for more than a week...that's how common (read; boring) these dead pitches and run-fests have become.

Re: WC - Do you prefer 300+ score in matches? 300 + scores whenever india bats not so much when the opposition does it. On the other hand i would love to see attritional cricket. The one that seperates the men from the boys. Of course it also means bajji will have to be attacking for a change