Sponsor for a School

Desi Cartman

I was checking out ekal vidyalya website and they need US$400 per year to run a school. I think we all should get together and try and sponsor at least 1 school. Its not much , even if 20 of us could pay $20 each that would be enough :two_thumbs_up:. What say ? We talk enough about it but its an opportunity where we can do something to make a difference in someone's life. I understand that there are many students on this forum & that not eeverybody can afford to contribute. Sandtest , do you know that this charity is trustworthy? I have never heard of it before but I like their idea of running a low cost school to provide basic education.

Guest dada_rocks
If this is REALLY genuine' date=' I can personally promise to be the first one to contribute to this fund.[/quote'] This is more genuine than genuine.. They actually run a proper school with the help from volunteers for a whole year on such a measly budget..I can vouch for it .. A lot of volunteer work is involved on top of that cost . Because $400 is hardly Rs 16000 and just one teacher at the bare minimum needs a salary of 1500 per month ( it's lower than minimum wage mind you, I an going by this number because that's what state govts pay to the adhoc teachers known as Shiksha-Mitra)