Sehwag should not

Re: Sehwag should not They are trying thier best to get Sehwag drafted in the team, hook or crook but Sehwag is not grabbing it. I think he will be history if he carries on like this during this world cup. I think he should refuse to open and stick to middle order. He will find life easier there than at the top. He will get away with edges through the slips and the ball will do lot less. He will have to counter medium pacers and spinners which he will have no trouble handling.

Re: Sehwag should not

He will score quacker after quacker until India reach the World Cup final - then he'll wind himself up and hit a massive double hundred to win India the trophy.
Good dream mate , Wake up now will ya? :hic:

Re: Sehwag should not Not my dream 'bro - Rahul's. Why else do you think they are so friggin' keen on playing a guy who averaged 17.30 throughout last season ? None of the other teams are carrying such a passenger. They put logic and common sense aside when they picked him; his selection was entirely based on the HOPE that he is too good a player to not deliver sooner or later. This is why he will play one match after another. Whether this will hurt India, only time will tell. Balance is crucial after all, and ideally - all members of a team need to pull their weight.

Re: Sehwag should not I always thought Sehwag is a huge match winner but that confidence is wading away after each of Sehwag's stay at the crease. It's all well and good to say I only know to play one way but when not in great touch shouldn't he be working that little hard at all??? Everyone goes through this but those that don't put enough effort to make good every opportunity are simply wasting opportunities and are a stumbling block for someone good waiting in the wings. Rahul Dravid can be very rigid in his thoughts sometimes :shrug:

Re: Sehwag should not It's good to back a player and give him a long rope, but come on...when you go an entire season averaging well under 20, you shouldn't expect backing nor should you raise the public's expectations with hollow promises of a return to form. In hindsight; a drop would have been extremely beneficial for Sehwag. He is a bit like Ganguly in the sense that he refuses to believe he merits an axe. Notice how both of them reacted almost exactly the same way once the critics raised their suspicions over their form ? Ganguly would claim he has scored 20,000 runs, played for 10 years, blah blah blah and Veeru is cut from the same cloth. In SA, he was adamant that he would return to form and was hitting the ball well. They would both get out in pitiful ways, refusing to buckle down. Notice how his game in Test cricket has gone to sh*t as well, and that's the most accurate indicator yet of his loss of form. I'd say if he can't make good on his bullsh*t during this tournament - he deserves a lengthy break away from the international scene. If that can't motivate him, nothing will. There are plenty of hungry youngsters in FC cricket who would put a hell of a lot more time into staying at the crease than he does right now.

Re: Sehwag should not I would say that too just like Ganguly and Zaheer have proved he needs a bit of kick up the arse to get back to shape and form. Both Zaheer and Ganguly have come back mentally, physically and technically fit. These two are living examples and I think India should make harsh decisions even if it comes to Sehwag or Pathan. If they are that good then nothing can stop them from making a come back. I was against dropping both as they both IMO are big time match winners but there is only so much rope anyone should get else they will take their places for granted.

Re: Sehwag should not

They are trying thier best to get Sehwag drafted in the team' date=' hook or crook but Sehwag is not grabbing it. I think he will be history if he carries on like this during this world cup. I think he should refuse to open and stick to middle order. He will find life easier there than at the top. He will get away with edges through the slips and the ball will do lot less. He will have to counter medium pacers and spinners which he will have no trouble handling.[/quote'] Ravi, Did you read that Chappell interview on rediff? Chappell has stated that they had brought Sehwag down in the series vs WI last year in WI, as they felt that a stroke-player was very crucial in the middle-order apart from Yuvraj on those pitches, but apparantly, Sehwag wasn't comfortable there. So they had to bring him back at the top order. I think we should not take risk on Sehwag. He has completely lost his touch atm and we should leave him out of the XI.