Phew...What A Relief

Dhondy

Relieved to get the diagnosis right on this occasion. For a moment there, I had almost believed the hype. Phew! You really shouldn't mix ODIs with Tests, but keep in mind that it's mostly the same set of players, the same mindset, the same frailties. It was numbing to see India lose two back to back Test matchs in SA from positions where they could have salvaged a draw, spurning generous help offered by the weather Gods. An early world cup exit to fast improving team doesn't come a patch on seeing your team capitulate like they were shot in the kneecaps, unable to bat out 50 overs to save a Test match. This pain will fade. That pain will forever remain. It made a cynical sceptic out of a man that had faithfully followed the Indian team for three decades. And I am glad that I broke ranks to preserve my sanity. Proud to say that in the entire match yesterday, I watched less than an over's play. Towards the end. To confirm the inevitable. Relieved that I no longer blame myself for the action of compulsive losers. Relieved that my family won't have to put up with my tantrums, driven by factors that are completely beyond my control. Relieved that my productivity at work will not dip exponentially over the coming weeks. Please heed my advice. Do not waste years of your lifetime following the actions of over-remunerated, overhyped prima donnas, who have heart the size of a pea in a grinder. You will be a happier, better person for it.

Re: Phew...What A Relief Ha. You know that is not going to happen. We'll all watch Bermuda on Monday. And Sri Lanka match...well lets just say life beyond the TV/PC screens will cease to exist for a few hours from 2 pm GMT Friday..

Re: Phew...What A Relief Wow! If you thought I was pissed off, read Osman Saimuddin's piece on Cricinfo today. Absolutely scathing. Sounds heartbroken, and I don't blame him. I know what Pakistani fans are going through. We are bloody stewing in our own private hell ourselves, having to listen to Bangladeshi fans, off all the people on this planet, gloat on cricket forums. Whatever next?

Re: Phew...What A Relief I am no longer upset about the team's goofs. But world cup is a special event, i'd be a bit dull for a day atmost. If i dont even have that much emotion, i should simply give up on cricket. I have had several highs & lows in the last 10 years (more lows than highs), but never quite managed to stay away from cricket. Its gotta be in my blood like DesiChap says.